What is the thing you would most like to change about your golf swing?

I wish some of the improvements made would stick.
I don’t expect to play precision golf - ever. But it would nice to focus on accuracy for a change instead of constantly relearning basics after the inevitable slide back into crappy habits.

Starting the ball online with more of my putts.

I am working hard to try to correct a long-standing problem. My backswing gets too long, with a flying right elbow and the club crossing the line at the top. Then, I tend to start the downswing with my shoulders instead of a solid weight shift and lower body turning, dropping the club into the slot. When I get these changes right, I hit the ball great for a 64 year old overweight hack. Solid contact, good trajectory, spin, and accuracy.

Stop Rolling my "Frickin'" hands as my first move!

One thing I am becoming aware of - later in rounds (probably due to tiring)... I tend to raise up a little on my back swing... coming out of my “spine angle.” This has caused a few squirrely shots.

A longer backswing.

Being more of a sweeper than a digger, I tend to release too early costing me distance. I plan on working hard at correcting that this year.
This is a good one too. Digging is just so much “safer”, but it would be nice to sweep a long iron with distance.

get my body more involved consistently instead of trying to use my arms for everything.

A more consistent impact with my irons

I'd like to be able to shallow the club properly. Of course, that means other elements of the swing (especially rotating efficiently) have to be there too.

Back