What is the thing you would most like to change about your golf swing?

I would like to have a shorter arm swing with big shoulder turn. No arm run off. Also work on not being laid off at the top.

Shorten my backswing !!!

The whole thing.

Does a consistent swing count? 🤣🤣 I’ll second @robrandalgz . Too steep and release too early

Right now, driver lead wrist position and right hand release. Hard to work on in the cold though. Things don't want to bend.

Too long of a backswing (breaking down) with the longer clubs. With wedges through mid-irons I have zero issues in cutting the swing down to 3/4 or even 1/2. But as the shafts get longer, I've a subconscious tick that just eliminates all check mechanisms.

Hard to pick as I’m not quite sure what the flaw is that is causing me to miss toward the toe. Or maybe fix the occasional leaving the face slightly open at impact. And yeah I’d like a little more speed.

Being able to turn through the ball better. When I manage to do that, my ball striking and accuracy is great. When I don't manage it, I'm slicing and hitting fat shots all over the place. So simple but yet I'm having such a hard time doing it.

Consistency. At the moment I want 8 out of 10 good hits compared to 4 out of 10.

Swing path and release.

Last edited:
Consistency absolutely. I also want three different swings one for driver one for hybrid/wood and one for irons. I am working on them all slightly differently.

Get off my right side better.

Angle of attack - which is a result of weight distribution/balance.

Being more of a sweeper than a digger, I tend to release too early costing me distance. I plan on working hard at correcting that this year.

I have a slight out to in move (about 2-3 degrees) that I'd like to get to neutral or slightly in to out.

Better and more consistent sequencing.

Rhythm and Tempo for greater speed and consistency.

I’ve always played with my left arm/hand doing most of the work. Since I’m right handed, I’d like to add some extra right hand oomph through impact without sending the ball left of left.

I’m very outside to in when it comes to my irons. When I try to fix it I always feel like the club is moving in my hand on contact

I wish I could go less that 80%. My easy swings are full swings. I don't know how to stop that.

ever try a half backswing? like, stop the backswing when your left arm (assuming you're right handed) is parallel to the ground? then a smooth downswing from there. you'll absolutely swing deeper than that, but it often tightens things up

ever try a half backswing? like, stop the backswing when your left arm (assuming you're right handed) is parallel to the ground? then a smooth downswing from there. you'll absolutely swing deeper than that, but it often tightens things up
What's this smooth thing you talk about? I do play a lot of partial shots and I can "pause" to get in sync but that club head is going to be fast. No gentle in my game. 🤷‍♂️

Back