What is the Victory Cup Sponsored By Mizuno

I’m a total Mizzy homer but I can’t play their irons. They have a habit of making those tough to hit irons look so sexy that’s all I want and the only thing I look at. I should probably consider a more forgiving iron in their line.
Only Mizuno I’ve ever owned with a CLK20 2H. I lofted it at 15 degrees and used it as a fairway. Most used club I’ve ever owned.
I’d strongly consider a full bag of Hot Metals. Be a lot of fun and should offer some help compared to present irons.

Fired up for this one! Let’s go!

Never hit any Mizzy’s. Would love to check them out. Ready for more deets on this event!

This fell to the second page and I couldn't help but bump it after swinging the 921 Forged today. This will be amazing.

This fell to the second page and I couldn't help but bump it after swinging the 921 Forged today. This will be amazing.
Hit the HMP a little later. I’d have to go HMP. It’s just fun!

How many of you would represent if your name is called? Would you decline being a Captain or dive right in?
I’d definitely be up for being Captain.

225s in 4-6
223 in 7-pw/aw

That looks like a mean combo set.

Always been curious with full bag events. Do you stick with what you know or do you experiment a little (or a lot) with your club choices?

Always been curious with full bag events. Do you stick with what you know or do you experiment a little (or a lot) with your club choices?
I think getting to replace all 14 at once allows you to maybe try something different on the transitions. Maybe add a hybrid or FW, maybe add a wedge, maybe do a mixed iron set. Those types of things I think almost everyone will be tempted by.

Last year I was set to purchase the King Tours regardless. The rest of my bag I put together based around iron play. If I were to be in the Victory Cup I really think I’d go as forgiving as possible as a change up and just for pure fun. JPX FliHi isn’t out of the equation.

Really all your choice, but personally? Not really out to reinvent the wheel here. This isn’t the time to decide I want/need a driving iron, or a 3 iron. Or 4.

Really all your choice, but personally? Not really out to reinvent the wheel here. This isn’t the time to decide I want/need a driving iron, or a 3 iron. Or 4.

I ended up with 1 specialty wedge, 3 hybrids and a 5 wood. They all filled a gap.

The Mizuno line, especially for irons, has a lot of options. I played JPX-EZ irons a few years ago. Combo set of JPX921 Hot Metal Pro (4-7) + JPX Tour (8-P) looks incredible.

Kind of where I'm at. Especially with it being a team event. I'd be open to experimenting more if it wasn't going to possibly hurt the team.

Just watched a nice vid with Voshall discussing the new sets of irons coming out along with release dates in Feb. 22. Really liking the look of the 225’s as well as the FliHi driving iron.
Can’t wait to see what comes of the Victory Cup.

Last set of Mizuno I owned were Mx 25s. Great club from my past. It’s about time to give them a solid look. Love the look and feel of the 921 forged. Might be a little above my pay grade.

There’s that, but if you’ve never played a 2 iron in your life, then maybe this isn’t the time you play a 2 iron haha
I took a step up into the King Tours. Played a 24 degree hybrid as my 4 iron. I learned so much about the game and my game in specific.

There’s that, but if you’ve never played a 2 iron in your life, then maybe this isn’t the time you play a 2 iron haha
I’ll play a 2 iron. :devilish:

Back