What is where you live known for?

Popcorn! Orville Redenbacher started his popcorn company just a few miles from my home.

- Yukon gold rush of 1898
- Land of the midnight skies

City wise, i dont believe we are known for anything.

Provincially, our motto is Friendly Manitoba..... i guess we are known for definitely not being friendly. Provincial capital is also usually the murder capital of Canada.

Known for mosquitos, and maybe for a gruesome beheading a number of years ago.

“Call me Ishmael” and Titleist.

Mountains, Subaru driving hippies, marijuana, world class fishing, snow sports (skiing, snowboard, etc.)

I've not been living here to long but ones the spring to mind are Dawson's Creek or USS North Carolina which has a fantastic history. Wilmington has an amazing history. Oh, and not forgetting @J.B. Cobb III and @Blame Me :ROFLMAO:

If the question was about where I was born (Sunderland, UK) then I could fill a page ;)

Other fun facts.

Wilmington was the last open port of the Confederacy, where they shot Easbound and Down or Ironman 3 if you are into that, plus it’s Michael Jordan’s home town.

This is also where Shooter McGavin got a DUI. (Technically Wrightsville Beach)

Last edited:
It was a toss-up trying to decide between posting the big egg or the Mundare Sausage 😂.

Well, you can't not post it now :unsure:

And to add the local flair....

5 Military installations in Colorado Springs (Norad, Ft. Carson, Peterson Space Force, Schriver SFB, and The Air Force Academy)
Pikes Peak
a handful of touristy places

Greenville once was the textile capital of the US. After that industry moved overseas, Greenville started to die a slow death. Our current mayor has been in seat since Dec 1995. He has led major renovation and revitalization projects and has turned the city around. Now Greenville is known as a foodie haven. BMW (only NA Mfg plant) and Michelin have become the area’s largest employers. The town’s revitalization has become a model for other towns around the country, and we are listed in many “top xx places to live”.

Michael Jordan
Sugar Ray Leonard
Andy Griffith
Charlie Daniels
Roman Gabriel
Sonny Jurgensen
Meadowlark Lemon
Alge Crumpler
Trot Nixon
Willie Stargell
Althea Gibson
William Hooper
David Brinkley
Charles Kuralt
Sammy Davis Sr.
So many movies.. The crow, Firestarter, Hudsucker Proxie, Weekend at Bernie’s, Iron Man, Halloween, Scream, The Conjuring, Empire Records, Sleeping With the Enemy, TMNT, King Kong, Maximum Overdrive
TV Shows
USS North Carolina
Civil War Battles
Wilmington Massacre of 1898
The first WW2 American Heritage city

San Jose California is known for Silicon Valley. So many high tech companies created here that I won't bore you by listing them all. Seems like one out of two people is an engineer.

Brown verses the board of education.

poster,840x830,f8f8f8-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

And for being the most obese state.
And for being the home of the KKK.
And for dudes in crop tops..

usa_today_11173384.0.jpg1171818829.jpg.0.jpg

Philly is known for cheesesteaks, soft pretzels and sh***y fans (which is not always true)
Don't forget Santa and snow balls.

Beer, brats and cheese...and beer.

Ghosts

Back