What is where you live known for?

Currahee, Band of Brothers episode 1. Three miles up, three miles down. About 9 miles east of my house.
Also hometown of baseball HOF Johnny Mize.
0ec8e387080eb62984dd2291a62436a8_f1119.gifMize Johnny 590-46_HS_Conlon.jpg

The 3 others in the goat cup are all jersey guys. Can only imagine how this is going to go :D
Do you need a crash course tutorial on how to jersey it up?

Do you need a crash course tutorial on how to jersey it up?
Nah my step sister and brother in law live in Jersey.

Pecans

The town that I live in isn’t famous for anything but the county I live in is probably best known for the horse racing (Saratoga).

. . . and the birthplace of the potato chip, and the site of the Battle of Saratoga, turning point if the American Revolution.

. . . and the birthplace of the potato chip, and the site of the Battle of Saratoga, turning point if the American Revolution.
And Dottie Pepper learned at my home course (Brookhaven).

The best BBQ on the planet
Tom Watson

I'd say mountain biking and state government maybe?
I don’t mountain bike and I work for state government and hardly thing that is something we are known for lol

I don’t mountain bike and I work for state government and hardly thing that is something we are known for lol
I don't mountain bike either, but a ton of my snowboarder friends do and say it's the best. It's interesting how little there is that is interesting here. Sleeping Giant?

Coal, Yuengling, Boilo, pierogis, fluff screamer burgers (Google it) and potholes.

There is also lots of good hiking around (Appalachian Trail runs right through the area), but I wouldn't say we're exactly known for it.

Evergreens, the Space Needle, Salmon, herb, rain.

AFL Grand final
Melbourne cup Horse race
Coffee
Sports centric city , world class events
Beer

Birth of the modern railway

The company that built the Sydney Harbour Bridge has its headquarters in the town, and their bridges can also be found on both the Amazon and the Nile

Golf related - Callum Tarren is from the town and began playing golf at the club where I am a member

The oil capital of Europe apparently.....

Oh, and a couple of little golf courses dotted about.

Back