What is where you live known for?

Western MA....

image2-1.jpg

I live in Indiana, but only a mile into Indiana in the Louisville, KY metro area and I have lived in KY the rest of my life so I still identify as a Kentuckian. Anyway. KY is known for horse racing, bourbon, and fried chicken. 2 of those we deserve. It's also a beautiful state that goes from Ohio River to rolling hills to mountains moving East to West.

MN - The land of 10,000 lakes (actually 14,000+). Probably also known for being MN Nice which is short in saying we're all experts at being passive aggressive. Yah you betcha!

Ponte Vedra Beach…
The Players
07F2DA74-8071-496A-BE79-795CF2832B59.jpeg

The small village where I grew up - Cobb (located in Southwestern WI, an hour west of Madison) isn't known for much, but we do a have a few claims to minor fame. Only about 435 people when I was there, probably all the way up to 460 by now...LOL.

1. Cobb Canning Co (at point also owned by Stokely USA Canning). Used to can corn and other vegetables. During WWII the cannery actually contracted with the government to German prisoners of war work there and help out with the labor shortage (because of the war).

2. Wisconsin Badger Men's Basketball Coach Greg Gard is from Cobb. If you've ever watched a Badger basketball game you've probably heard about this way too much...

3. Cobb Corn Roast (used to be the Cobb Corn Boil) - every August we have free corn roasted over open pits and then sell BBQ Chicken along with it. Used to be a bigger event when I was younger, but still brings in people from all over.

The area surrounding me:

Rubber capitol of the world - self proclaimed.
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Pro Football Hall of Fame

Where I was born:

First white settlement of the country.

NYC? Well, I don't think the mods would appreciate taking up all the server space...

BUT- my neighborhood IS famous for being the birthplace of Christopher Walken, and where Henry Hill "hijacks" the truck in "Goodfellas". As well as the boyhood home of Tony Bennett.

I've not been living here to long but ones the spring to mind are Dawson's Creek or USS North Carolina which has a fantastic history. Wilmington has an amazing history. Oh, and not forgetting @J.B. Cobb III and @Blame Me :ROFLMAO:

If the question was about where I was born (Sunderland, UK) then I could fill a page ;)
As long as we don't mention Newcastle right? 😉

I live in the RV capital of the world.

Also Shawn Kemp.

Greenville once was the textile capital of the US. After that industry moved overseas, Greenville started to die a slow death. Our current mayor has been in seat since Dec 1995. He has led major renovation and revitalization projects and has turned the city around. Now Greenville is known as a foodie haven. BMW (only NA Mfg plant) and Michelin have become the area’s largest employers. The town’s revitalization has become a model for other towns around the country, and we are listed in many “top xx places to live”.
If you are Greenville, SC don't forget GE still manufacture the HA class of gas turbines for power generation there as well.

Last edited:
Sugar sand beaches & tourists.... It's where everybody in the southeast wants to vacation.

Can't say I blame them. I didn't grow up here, and it's absolutely gorgeous!

Twinsburg, Ohio.

City was founded by twin brothers. Now we have a festival every year where Twins come from all over to celebrate together. We are in the record book for largest gathering off twins in one location. It is insane seeing so many at one time, all different ages, many triplets as well, and how they dress is really fun to see. I've moved away though so I dont attend anymore.

Snow, Salt Potatoes, & College Basketball

It’s “Land of 10,000 Lakes”, and super cold winters.

That means a lot of boating and ice fishing. :)

95127E71-1412-4E84-AD5F-06F82054DCC4.jpeg78F2B977-A961-458C-9A9A-CFF6AD45314D.jpeg

Browns, Cavs, Indians/Guardians, a river catching on fire, clouds, incompetent drivers, and seasonal depression.

Twinsburg, Ohio.

City was founded by twin brothers. Now we have a festival every year where Twins come from all over to celebrate together. We are in the record book for largest gathering off twins in one location. It is insane seeing so many at one time, all different ages, many triplets as well, and how they dress is really fun to see. I've moved away though so I dont attend anymore.

I'm an identical twin and couldn't imagine anything I wouldn't want to do more, besides see my ex wife again.

Sugar sand beaches & tourists.... It's where everybody in the southeast wants to vacation.

Can't say I blame them. I didn't grow up here, and it's absolutely gorgeous!
Loved living in Destin miss it a lot

1660315236415.png

Temporary home of the World Golf Hall of Fame...

Back