What is your 59 watch?

Breaking 80. My PB is 73 but that was many moons ago when I was playing and practicing a lot more. And there was very little in the way of physical limitation that I have now. I don't know if I can scare that now.

Now, when I've had a good first 9, I know it's a possibility but it doesn't really settle in until 14 or 15, if I've played the first 4 or 5 holes of the back pretty well. Then, the stinking thinking sneaks into my head. My low round in the last 5 years is a 77. I bogeyed 14, 15, 16 and 17 that day thinking about what I could shoot rather than playing golf on each hole. Thankfully, I putted decently those 4 holes and had a little cushion from the front.

1620235758381.png

My 59 watch is when I get close to shooting in the 30's on 9 holes.

82. personal best.

Breaking 80 for me. In my younger years I could get to the low 80s but have never crossed that threshold into the 70s. Of course with my current game I'm not too worried about breaking 80 seeing as I haven't broken 100 yet this year (granted 0/1 but still).

HItting par for a round. Came close at 74 a couple of times.

Have got old enough that I've started thinking about shooting my age. Would have to match my PB, 75.

For me it is anything under 70. That is when my watch starts. Although at my course it should be anything under 75.

Breaking par... it's happening soon!

For something a little more realistic, shooting under 75.

77 is the next magic number for me.

Use to be breaking 70....not so much anymore. My "59 watch" is now Par. Even though I'm not at Plus handicap/scratch anymore, I know when I'm clicking I can be, so that's goal until further notice.

I would say that breaking 80 is like shooting a 65 for me. That’s what I’m striving for, but rarely ever do. It doesn’t mean I played my absolute best, but was a great round.

My 59 watch would be breaking par. I’ve shot even par a couple of times on 9. Never really gotten close on 18. A stretch of bad golf always seems to creep in whether is 4 bogeys and a double, or a triple and a bogey. After an even par front though, the watch starts!

Breaking 40 on 9 holes regularly. (What "regularly" means is up for debate). I have had most of my rounds sub 84 this year. Breaking 80 regularly is a bit of a stretch right now, but sub 40 for 9 holes might be something I could achieve with some focus. (I'm giving Iron valley 7 the stink eye right now)

I've danced with mine towards the end 3 times, and I notice at the halfway point if it seems possible. 2 of the 3 times I was acutely aware I had a chance, and the other I was too busy coming like freight train from behind to notice until the end. I kind of prefer it be like that one going forward, but I'm pretty good at just playing the shots that are in front of me. The odds are so long it's not worth getting too excited about until it's real.

I broke 90 for the first time this year so my 59 watch is now an 85. I'm re-building my swing through lessons so it may take awhile for me to get there but I'm hoping to make it happen this year.

Much to my surprise, I have achieved my golfing goals. I still work on my game, but I am a bit more relaxed about how I play on any given day and don't let the bad shot or round get to me like it did in the past.

Anything under par is my 59.
Only done it 4 or 5 times in my life, soni guess thats probably not a realistic 59.

I broke 80 a few times last year and felt like i definitely left shots out there. I have it in my head that "OneDay" i'll shoot even par.
I'll need to play much more often and sharpen my game. Given my work schedule, it's not likely but, it won't stop me from trying.

definitely breaking 80s... only seen it happen once... This summer it will happen.

A round in the 60s. I start really paying attention when I am around even par thru 9 and try to focus in a bit more.

There have been only 12 sub-60 rounds on the PGA tour out of god knows how many attempts. It's unlikely I have ever come close to replicating what would be my equivalent of a 59 in my 200-250 lifetime rounds. I'd say sub-70 would be my "59-watch" (my PB is 73).

Mine is breaking 80. I try not to think about it, but when I'm putting a good round together I know it's a possibility no matter how much I try to ignore it.

Breaking 80, currently, which I haven't done since a car accident last June.
I regularly posted scores between 78-84 until then. best round in the 2 years before wreck was 73 on a par 70.
I've only had 3 or 4 rounds in the low 80's since. Mostly hovering around 90, with 32-33 putts.
Got on Trackman and I've lost 30yrds form the tee and 15 per iron due to right shoulder injury. Not compressing the ball.
Before that, par, which I'd sniffed a few times.
I'm F'n pissed.

It’s golf man, it’s supposed to be fun. Sometimes we can do this beautifully, sometimes we make a mess of it.

My story of woe. Was hovering around an obscene weight but could golf reasonably well, was low SD HC. Last 8 rounds of 2018 my game fell apart. Like 74 average to 90+. Didn’t think much of it but started having other effects and saw a doc. Was eventually diagnosed with a cancer like illness. Was on nuclear medicine for over 18 months. Yuck 🤢. I am cured but was initially given a 63% survival rate.

In the meantime I had the great fortune of being selected for the THP Bridgestone Invitational. I found out shortly after I was selected that I was ill. Anyways went up and had the golfing time of my life. Came home and my house was cleaned out, 3 kids were gone, she even took my dog!

About 2 months later (09/17/19) I had a MVA that I almost died from. 9 broken bones (sternum being the most serious) and 15 hours of emergency surgery and I was done until 2020. Had less than 25% chance to make it out of that one. The injuries have slightly shortened my already short swing 🤣.

So I hit this year. Been working out hard and took the natural weight loss from my illness as a positive and turned up the heat on it. I’m down about 90#, goal is 100# (now). Even better I’m changing a lot of that weight into muscle. Hit the course. I’m in better shape than I have been since 24.

I expected to tear it up. Turns out it’s not easy to lose that much weight and swing a club. I’m a lost soul. I’ll find it, I just hope I have enough time to do it this year with the vaccination of America (or at least my work county) being of highest priority so almost double hours since the vaccine came out.

Luck man! And remember to smile. You’re doing something fun.

It’s golf man, it’s supposed to be fun. Sometimes we can do this beautifully, sometimes we make a mess of it.

My story of woe. Was hovering around an obscene weight but could golf reasonably well, was low SD HC. Last 8 rounds of 2018 my game fell apart. Like 74 average to 90+. Didn’t think much of it but started having other effects and saw a doc. Was eventually diagnosed with a cancer like illness. Was on nuclear medicine for over 18 months. Yuck 🤢. I am cured but was initially given a 63% survival rate.

In the meantime I had the great fortune of being selected for the THP Bridgestone Invitational. I found out shortly after I was selected that I was ill. Anyways went up and had the golfing time of my life. Came home and my house was cleaned out, 3 kids were gone, she even took my dog!

About 2 months later (09/17/19) I had a MVA that I almost died from. 9 broken bones (sternum being the most serious) and 15 hours of emergency surgery and I was done until 2020. Had less than 25% chance to make it out of that one. The injuries have slightly shortened my already short swing 🤣.

So I hit this year. Been working out hard and took the natural weight loss from my illness as a positive and turned up the heat on it. I’m down about 90#, goal is 100# (now). Even better I’m changing a lot of that weight into muscle. Hit the course. I’m in better shape than I have been since 24.

I expected to tear it up. Turns out it’s not easy to lose that much weight and swing a club. I’m a lost soul. I’ll find it, I just hope I have enough time to do it this year with the vaccination of America (or at least my work county) being of highest priority so almost double hours since the vaccine came out.

Luck man! And remember to smile. You’re doing something fun.
Wow, that's a lot to go through, both mentally and physically.
I'm still having fun with golf most days, just frustrated. Some days I mentally check out ( Lost 3 parents in 18 month period '19-'20).
Best to you in your continued quest for good health, both emotional and physical!

Honestly? (And I'm not fishing for any sympathy, just laying it out.)
Three good shots in a row. For every hole.

I’m with you. One good shot happens now and again. Two in a row is a real rarity. Three in a row is a pipe dream right now.

Back