What is your average number of rounds over the summer months?

Fingerz

Reaction score
Handicap
Snow!
I was replying to another thread about golf ball expense per year and it got me thinking about how many rounds of golf do I play in a year. So I narrowed it down to summer time. I'm in Maryland, so the fall and the beginning of winter isn't too bad and still playable. So with working full time and family duties I still manage 70-80 rounds of golf between April and August. Maybe a little more but not much less. I have a mix between 9/18 holes.

So my question is on average how many rounds do you play over the summer?

I wish I could get that much in. Since March 12th I've only played 15 times. I've been getting 4-5 times out over the last couple of months. I'd like to get up to twice a week if I can swing it so get my money's worth on my membership.

Average 10-12 rounds a month for the whole year winters rant bad enough to limit it any.

About 6-10 depending on the length of the season up here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I average 8 - 10 rounds per month year round.

10 rounds a month minimum, all year long. June I played 19 rounds.

I shoot for at least 1 per week.

I used to play 20+ per month. I expanded my business, so nights after work are now off-limits. Weekends-only hacker for me now.

This is my third summer playing golf. The previous two I've played at least once a week. This year I've only played three times since the end of April. A six month old is part of that, but so is what happened at the end of April.

That was when I went on my first big golf weekend trip with a huge group of buddies. It was that sort of thing that really got me playing in the first place, and what I'd been trying to improve for. I payed pretty poorly for much of it, which made me feel like all the work I'd been doing was for nothing. That, coupled with the fact that I now don't have anything to prepare for has made playing seem kind of pointless lately.

I did 16 rounds in June try for at least 10 a month. Usually average 12 to 15.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I usually get at least 10-12 full rounds in and 4-6 nine hole rounds. Couple times when I have had time I have done 72 holes in one weekend

I was getting in 2-3 rounds/week but that may change. First NC summer is kicking my butt. This week was the first week of playable weather where I had the time but simply opted not to play.

That's a first for me, ever, but the last two rounds have been very tough, I don't tolerate humidity very well. Throw in mid to upper 90's temps and I have issues...

That's amazing. I probably average about 4 or 5 rounds a month through the summer. I really wish it was more.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I'm playing more this year than I have since my son was born in 1997, kids can do that to your priorities. This year I'm on pace for 100+ rounds so April to September I'll guess about 75 rounds. Back when I was in my teens and 20's I often go in 140 rounds during the summer in Wisconsin.

Fluctuates massively based on OT and kid activities. In June I think it was 12 but so far this month it is only 1; ergo, 6ish sounds about right.

Seven-eight full rounds per month but have a season pass so often get extra practice holes in on Friday night & Sunday night. The ability to get extra holes in really accelerates in the fall when league play finishes up at the home course. Possible to get out daily then & how much depends on travel schedule & work commitments.

Also in a 9-hole match play league with some customers so get 8-10 of those in each summer as well as a half dozen customer scrambles or other outings.

12-14 rounds per month!

I was getting in 2-3 rounds/week but that may change. First NC summer is kicking my butt. This week was the first week of playable weather where I had the time but simply opted not to play.

That's a first for me, ever, but the last two rounds have been very tough, I don't tolerate humidity very well. Throw in mid to upper 90's temps and I have issues...
You get used to it quick. I was the same way when I came down now it doesn't bother me at all unless it is super super hot.

To answer the op question though I would say 4-6 rounds a month is the norm some have way more some have less

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I average around 4 rounds a week from mid April to mid November.

I would say I probably average around 8 rounds per month during this timeframe. When I didn't have responsibilities I was playing every day.

Between my new daughter and work schedule its tough to get out as much as I'd like. I'll hopefully have 20 rounds in before the snow falls. Right now it's alot easier to slip away for an hour practice session.

I play 5 days per week, weather permitting so between April 1 and August 31 it would have to be between 90 and 100 rounds in that time frame. I don't lose too many days during those months here in North Texas.

96 for me. 3 rounds a week and the season lasts 8 months. Not bad.

Average twenty to twenty five rounds during the summer months.Any less and I would probably find another hobby to do.

Back