What is your biggest pet peeve on the course?

Sunday rounds along side Mrs. Reject with 350 yard par 4s from the forward tees….impossible since she can’t hit it more than 140 with driver……

Here's a new one that absolutely blew my mind yesterday, 3 groups of 4 all walking, spread out over the 3 holes in front of me and get this, the foursome would tee off then march as a group to the first ball then go to the next and so on! All 3 groups were playing the same fracking way! I caught them on 15 and it took me close to 45 minutes to play 3 holes! If I had packed my .357 I would have been tempted to fire a warning shot across their bow! 🤬

My biggest pet peeves are pace of play and people that don’t fix their divots on the green. I don’t understand how anyone can walk up to the green see the big indentation their ball just made and leave it there.

I don’t understand guys who take their bag or cart to where their ball is near the green when it is opposite side of the next tee box.

How hard is it to park your stuff nearest to the exit route, grab a wedge and your putter and walk to your ball?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Courses that have 7-8 minutes between tee times. I've seen both. Seriously, how is that not going to cause frustration on the course? You are either waiting or feel like your being pushed. I will avoid those courses even though I really like one of them.

Does people being late for tee times count as "on the course"? If that counts, it's easily my #1 because that makes me look bad.

Getting ready to tee off and then a cart comes right into your landing zone from the other fairway. Golfer takes practice swings, hits it further down your fairway, then proceeds immediately to their ball still in your fairway.

Oh, so many choices, not enough time to rant about them all.

Golfers who have no consideration for others covers many of the specific pet peeves mentioned above. If we could just fix that general problem, this thread would be much much much shorter.

Landing in a giant unreplaced divot in the fairway.

Loud music. I can here it sometimes a hole away. thats rude.

slow play from the group ahead of me who are now 2 holes behind and won't let us play through

Slow play and ball marks. Ball marks and slow play.

cringe worthy, played at a wealthy established country club, the lack of use of sand in divots/replacement of grass also the brown spots from improper ball mark repair on greens...

Disappointed by the same selfish lazy habits listed many many times in this thread already . My biggest pet peeve is how commonplace and expected those entitled acts have become over the decades. Younger golfer's may not realize just how rare it used to be to come across pock marked greens, unraked traps, unfilled divots, and seeds or chew spit everywhere. People didn't drive carts up next to greens, God forbid on wet courses, and it was very rare for slower golfers to not voluntarily wave a faster group through. I wasn't playing high end expensive courses back in the day but the golfers who played them had a sh*t ton more respect for those courses and for the golfers they shared those courses with.

Last edited:
Anyone who takes more than 2 practice swings, needs to go to the back of the line.

THIS. One guy I sometimes play golf with takes 3 practice swings before each hit. And he makes sure to watch everyone else hit before he BEGINS his practice swings. There have been times when the 3 of us are all on the green waiting and staring at him make his 3 practice swings from 40 yards away.

Courses that have 7-8 minutes between tee times. I've seen both. Seriously, how is that not going to cause frustration on the course? You are either waiting or feel like your being pushed. I will avoid those courses even though I really like one of them.

If I avoided that there wouldn’t be anywhere left to play…and I live near A LOT of courses. That’s standard practice in my parts.

My work had 7/8 minute times pre covid., was painfully slow. Ohio mandated 10 min tee times and we haven't changed it back. Makes a massive pace of play difference. .

My pet peeve is idiots who drive their carts way to close to the green and occasionally between the bunker and green.

Unre divots and ball marks. Seeing someone take a divot then continue walking or drive off in their cart just blows my mind.

Talking while I'm about to hit.

I agree. Eight minute tee time gaps just aren't enough, even for professionals that would be a stretch, and given how amateurs play that gap is begging for the course backing up.

When we received the go ahead to play golf last May, the tee times were 15 minutes apart (as required by the state). It was great...no one in front of us, and no one behind us. But, courses want to squeeze as much revenue as they can, this eight minute tee times.

GOOSE POOP

Geese, though I wouldn't necessarily call them a pet.

Actually saw this one in the group ahead of us this weekend. I'll use their behavior on the 17 hole to illustrate.

The group that travels as a pack from one ball to the next in their carts. Each waiting for that guy to hit, they comment on his shot, he puts his club away and gets in his cart so the whole pack can then move to the next ball. Then repeat. Oh, and if the guy thinks he might reach the folks on the green, even though they are 240 yards out and it took the guy 2-3 strokes to get where he is on the wrong side of the tree line, they all wait in their carts until that group not only leaves the green but rides out of sight. Then they rise from their seat in the cart and go to select the club. In this case, it takes 3-5 minutes AFTER the group ahead left the green before they hit the ball.

Last edited:
Poor consideration for other golfers. That's my biggest pet peeve. I had a guy hit his tee shot into my fairway (coming back the other way). No big deal. happens to the best of them. He then proceeds to chunk his next shot up my fairway. And his next shot up my fairway. If you can't pick up your ball and drop it in your own fairway after you chunked the second shot...I'm going to hit into you. That's a YOU problem.

Golfers - that is my biggest pet peeve.

Back