What is your biggest pet peeve while on the golf course?

Unfixed ball marks on the green!

with the newer waves of golfers, the sunflower seed shells spit on the green is becoming a close second

Living in the UK, you better get used to it on your golf journey

Now if you had been living in Scotland and said that, I would have said to give up golf, what do you say @HarlettoScara ? :ROFLMAO:
If I didn't play when it rained then it would be a pretty lean season :LOL:

Biggest one - people who don’t repair pitch marks on the green. It boggles my mind how some people think it’s okay to just leave them.

It’s hard to understand especially at a private club. My biggest pet peeve is sunflower seed shells on the green. I don’t see it often but there is nothing more inconsiderate.

You have 14 freaking weapons with you? And you’re still worried about a goose? 🤣
It’s more the goose byproduct I don’t like! :LOL:

I can't think of anything to add, you all have gotten everything, including Geese! I guess one thing - rudeness - we were matched up with another 2some they rudely told us to go play alone (in front of them), and that was ok, it was how it was done, and the fact that there were only 4somes in front - so us as a 2 were faster, thus waiting on most shots all day, and of course they were behind us waiting as well - there were a few points where there was an opening behind them (that I could see).

This course has a lot of Asian's playing - and I have been matched up with them many times, I enjoy it, but always have. It was this ONE time the 2some were older Asians, the wife seemed to either not speak English - we tried to introduce ourselves, she looked at the husband who motioned for us to beat it and go play without them - there was much more to it, and the guy I did play with was also Asian - HE WAS REALLY PISSED AT THEM!

I blew it off after about 2 holes - naturally we saw exactly zero course personnel all day. I was annoyed for the guy I was with he was embarrassed by their behavior - and we had a bit of a chat about it on subsequent holes (where we were waiting, and waiting).

Now, I have no idea if it was cultural, or language barrier, or maybe we smelled (NO, at least I didn't), or we broached some cultural norm, or maybe, they were just A-holes. Still it left a bad taste, and even though it was month or so ago, still a bit of a head scratcher.

It’s more the goose byproduct I don’t like! :LOL:

Haha. My old home course, 1000’s of geese. I KNOW what you speak of. That course we called “worm burners” something else, 🤣.

I killed one once, it actually made me sad. Hole 1 too. Just exploded it’s head. I think within a couple rounds later, same hole, 1, ( 😂 -butt-it was 2) I sent one right up another’s backside. I was happy when it angrily wagged its tail feathers at me and moved about its day.

Incorrectly fixing ball marks, pulling the dirt up. This bothers me during a round and also irks me when I see them on the green. Other practice swings... 1-2 is the number...

People that turn sideways swing line up swing some more ask for distance and swing again.

Incorrectly fixing ball marks, pulling the dirt up. This bothers me during a round and also irks me when I see them on the green. Other practice swings... 1-2 is the number...

People that turn sideways swing line up swing some more ask for distance and swing again.

I dunno man? Seems like we could golf together sometime? 😂. I only have 66-110 swings in me, the day will tell me exactly the number, ha.

Fall golf? Working? I can play today. Lemme know.

I dunno man? Seems like we could golf together sometime? 😂. I only have 66-110 swings in me, the day will tell me exactly the number, ha.

Fall golf? Working? I can play today. Lemme know.
Been slammed and haven't even gotten to swing a club in the yard. Soon though

People commenting on your swing during a round - unless you are asked, STFU. Wait 'till after the round to discuss.

Ball Marks on Greens

Slow Play - mindless, thoughtless, inconsiderate

People commenting on your swing during a round - unless you are asked, STFU. Wait 'till after the round to discuss.
Yes! This!! I could do without the bolded part though.

I dont really have any;)

1) Spitters
people who contently spit. Id rather be around 3 cigarette smokers vs one who spits all the time everywhere. Especially on greens and tee boxes.
Why should our ball have to be placed on or roll through someones spit? I mean just put out your hand and let me spit on it. :sick:

2) Profuse and or unwarranted pace complaining
Getting so tired of both. Especially when its not warranted or while the round hasnt even began:sleep:

3) Long time ball searching
I think 3 mins is even too long and should be cut to 1 and a half. get over it and drop a dam ball(n)

4) Greens antics
Get over yourself, stop picking up and marking every darn putt , finish up, and probably a half dozen other things we can discuss. But just for one newer thing being...learn to putt with flag in and deal with the 45 times a round you claim it caused you a miss and raised your cap from 9 to 15.:eek:

5) insisting tee choice is about handicap, not capable distance and that its the biggest reason for pace
Not true and is about the least reasons of allo_O

6) repair pitchmarks, divots, rake bunkers
needs no explanations:poop:

7) Using tees as ball marker when in someones putt line or avenue to the hole (perhaps for a chip)
I mean if your ball is in the way of anothers then what in the world makes you think the tee wont be? I mean did you really think I needed your ball moved from my line so as to protect your ball from being hit? :rolleyes:

Other than those little things, im perfectly content. :)

Oh and one more thing

please dont wear white pants , nor skinny pants, and especially skinny white pants.:eek:
Dont wear a solid color like bright blue (or orange) pants and matching top then break it up via a thick white belt. Especially skinny pants and matched top.
dont wear a white belt regardless.

Better yet....just throw away all white pants , white belts and all skinny pants especially skinny shorts and then also throw away any bright solid matching sets that need the white belt to break them up.

Oh and one more thing

please dont wear white pants , nor skinny pants, and especially skinny white pants.:eek:
Dont wear a solid color like bright blue (or orange) pants and matching top then break it up via a thick white belt. Especially skinny pants and matched top.
dont wear a white belt regardless.

Better yet....just throw away all white pants , white belts and all skinny pants especially skinny shorts and then also throw away any bright solid matching sets that need the white belt to break them up.

I agreed with your entire rant, in spirit at least, 😂, until now. Huhza what?

There are those out there that buy pants 4-6” bigger than needed to make sure other things fit….

Mainly my thighs, 😂. My waist is currently 30.5”. My thighs are 25”. Good luck on 32” waist pants being ok, I usually go 36” knowing that they’ll drop off without a belt. But that my thighs won’t strain too much? That’s been my best size so far. 32”? Waist fits easy, thighs bust out. 34”-waist barely holds them up, thighs are usually TIGHT. 36”? Usually good to go on my thighs. But will flat out fall down without a belt.

So I hate pant buying.

Yes! This!! I could do without the bolded part though.

It's a way to get into your head during a round, so it's not appreciated.:oops:

It's a way to get into your head during a round, so it's not appreciated.:oops:
I have nothing in my head, so that would be a first. 🙃

I have nothing in my head, so that would be a first. 🙃

People just don't know how hard I've worked to get rid of the Haney crap. Think I finally did it in the last of August.

People just don't know how hard I've worked to get rid of the Haney crap. Think I finally did it in the last of August.
Great to hear. I tuck away this info for some future match when we play again😉

Great to hear. I tuck away this info for some future match when we play again😉

Get outta here - after some guy said something last time, I started smoking the driver, holed a 50 yd wedge and came within a foot of an ace. Eff him.

Get outta here - after some guy said something last time, I started smoking the driver, holed a 50 yd wedge and came within a foot of an ace. Eff him.
Maybe you need more criticism on course!

Maybe you need more criticism on course!

And for good measure, don't know if it was karma, but I had a 4 wood on hard clay, no grass, club hit the clay, face turned open, and I almost nailed him - sailed 10 feet above his head. o_O

Back