What is your biggest pet peeve while on the golf course?

And for good measure, don't know if it was karma, but I had a 4 wood on hard clay, no grass, club hit the clay, face turned open, and I almost nailed him - sailed 10 feet above his head. o_O
That actually made me chuckle, a rarity these days.

And for good measure, don't know if it was karma, but I had a 4 wood on hard clay, no grass, club hit the clay, face turned open, and I almost nailed him - sailed 10 feet above his head. o_O

We have an old high school saying -- "Don't eff with the eff'er."

:ROFLMAO:

3 people standing in a group. Player 1 walks around putt, reads it, putts, misses, stares at putt, makes unbelieving hand motion to group, marks it. joins group.

player 2 walks around putt, reads it, putts, misses, stares at putt, makes unbelieving hand motion to group, marks it. joins group.

player 3 walks around putt, reads it, putts, misses, stares at putt, makes unbelieving hand motion to group, taps in, back taps in after missing. joins group.

player 4 walks around putt, reads it, backs off, 7 practice strokes, plumb bob, putts, misses, stares at putt, makes unbelieving hand motion to group, marks it. joins group. Realizes he's still out, walks around putt, reads it, putts, misses, stares at putt, taps in.

Player 1 walks around putt, reads it, putts, makes it, whooping and high 5s all around. Player 2 forgets he still has to putt.

player 2 walks around putt, reads it, putts, misses, stares at putt, makes unbelieving hand motion to group, picks up ball. joins group.

All 4 players head to edge of green to pick up a combined 9 clubs and 3 towels. finally put pin in. slowest guy left clubs on far side of green.
Wow! I've played behind that group before. They really travel.

Besides all of the above, a hack golfer that insists on playing from the back tees when he has no business playing from there. Really ruins the round for me.
This! I see it every round I play. I'm a beginner. I've only been playing for three summers now. I play from the whites and have no qualms about playing from the SR tees on better courses. People and their egos.

Slow play by far. It's honestly the only thing that drives me off the wall.

I have endured enough slow play in my career that it doesn't affect me as much as these two do:

People who don't fix ball marks and divots
People who think the course, tee or green is an ash tray

I have nothing in my head, so that would be a first. 🙃

My man! I think of nothing. I do nothing. I care about nothing.

I live happily and blissfully in a world of poop. ? 🤣

I forgot ...

Playing from the wrong tees. Ugh.

Get outta here - after some guy said something last time, I started smoking the driver, holed a 50 yd wedge and came within a foot of an ace. Eff him.

Who’s “that guy”? 🤣

I smoked a driver once, it was hard to get the MJ into the hosel, but once I figured it out? 🤣.

I determined that I don’t do that so I stopped? 😂.

Who’s “that guy”? 🤣

I smoked a driver once, it was hard to get the MJ into the hosel, but once I figured it out? 🤣.

I determined that I don’t do that so I stopped? 😂.

You get dudes you typically don't play with, but they think they're funny, and will make comments.

My comments are limited to good shot, good putt, nice swing, and if we're in a cart together, sports, food, drink, golf.

You get dudes you typically don't play with, but they think they're funny, and will make comments.

My comments are limited to good shot, good putt, nice swing, and if we're in a cart together, sports, food, drink, golf.

Hahaha. Your comments would not be limited to that by the end of a round with me, 🤣.

If we’re not buddies and you can say whatever to me and I can say whatever to you by the end of 18, 🤣. We would be. I’m friends even with 3.5 hour 9 dude. I secretly am planning on killing him, but we’re still cordial, 🤣.

Knuckleheads driving a cart through or hitting from an OoB area that is clearly someone’s yard.

Extended and overly loud cell phone calls

Seed and tobacco juice spitters

Golfers playing the wrong tee box

Music that is too loud

Our carts will stop when you hit certain areas and you have to back out. There is no warning on the cart's small GPS screen.

Negativity/complaining in the group, about anything and everything.

Drunks.

Sexist remarks.

And... the scourge of golf... sunflower seeds on the green.

Really? I'm supposed to putt over that? OR I'm supposed to move it, after you spit it out?

Golfers lacking the fundamentals of etiquette...

I see so many of these things on a weekly basis where I play. Do many people in this thread have fun playing golf or grump around the course because of the way others play?

Negativity/complaining in the group, about anything and everything.

Drunks.

Sexist remarks.

And... the scourge of golf... sunflower seeds on the green.

Really? I'm supposed to putt over that? OR I'm supposed to move it, after you spit it out?
I see a lot of responses about the sunflower seeds. I guess it's not a thing in Iowa. Thankfully.

Group behind hitting into you while waiting for the group in front of you
No joke, was playing earlier this season with my regular group and the guys behind us did this four times. On the fourth one, my friend (who mind you is built like a truck) walks slowly over to the ball picks it up and throws it in to the woods. He did this very calmly all while looking back at them too :LOL:

Didn't hit in to us again

I'm basically good.
I'm having fun with my friends and can pretty much tolerate all the small annoyances, none of which are sufficient to detract from my fun.

I see a lot of responses about the sunflower seeds. I guess it's not a thing in Iowa. Thankfully.

Just saw it (again) yesterday. Happens often here in STL. Shells all over the green.

Besides all of the above, a hack golfer that insists on playing from the back tees when he has no business playing from there. Really ruins the round for me.
This one ^^^^^^^ plus ....

• Repair your ball mark & at least one more. How hard is it to bend down? Do you need instructions on how to repair it then ask. I have a seriously bad back & yet I still bend down.
  • People who wear tank tops, jeans or tennis shoes *** no explanation needed
  • What's wrong with a white belt?? If it fits your attire when a black or brown doesn't, I don't see the problem. What are you the fashion police?
  • Not keeping up with the group ahead of you **** this goes along the lines of slow play reasons
  • That guy that takes 15 practice swings only to duff it 15 yards
  • The group of guys that all play from different tee boxes ***** You've got the "Pro" that insists on playing from the back tees, then the "regular" guys & finally the "Senior" tee guy. I'm all for playing from the tee that makes you comfortable, but for the love of Pete, pick one & play from there. Let your ego go for once & all play from the same tee. Who knows, you might challenge yourself a bit from a different total distance. I have done this many times. I always ask "what tee do you guys play from? It doesn't matter to me?"

Back