Votes: 34 16.0%
  • Titleist

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • Top Flight

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • other

Votes: 14 6.6%

• Total voters
I just did as I forwarded your post to them.

And can you tell TM to hurry and allow number personalization of the Penta? Please?

Re: What ball are you currently gaming?

Re: What ball are you currently gaming?

Had my ball fitting at GG this afternoon...I'll be changing from the E6 to the B330-S now. It was close between the S and the RXS but somehow the S felt better. And performed better. At least it did today anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had my ball fitting at GG this afternoon...I'll be changing from the E6 to the B330-S now. It was close between the S and the RXS but somehow the S felt better. And performed better. At least it did today anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the fitting! I kind of want to do one of these now and then tell them I won't play their suggestion because it is not yellow.

I liked those knet balls at the outing. I'll definitely be gaming some better balls than what I've been buying. I still have one of the TaylorMades after two rounds.

And can you tell TM to hurry and allow number personalization of the Penta? Please?

Oh, yay. TM Penta for me. Great ball. They do scuff up but, I have had times when I got 27 holes out of a ball that still looked ok. Also hit the cart path on the first hole the other night with a brand new ball. Ouch. :beat-up:

tour i(z) & i(s) high number balls

Played the Penta the other day, thats a great ball. Im still a big fan of the Srixon Tour Yellow though! Thats my favorite for now

That's funny... I am the other way around. I have been playing the Penta this season, but today I gamed the Srixon Z-Star for a couple holes. It is a fine ball, but the Penta is the ball for me.

Played the Penta the other day, thats a great ball. Im still a big fan of the Srixon Tour Yellow though! Thats my favorite for now

That's funny... I am the other way around. I have been playing the Penta this season, but today I gamed the Srixon Z-Star for a couple holes. It is a fine ball, but the Penta is the ball for me.

If the Penta came in "tour" yellow Id game it too. The different color gives the edge to the Z-star for me.

Yeah; a guy I was paired with today really liked the yellow as well. I gave him the ball after the round.

If the Penta came in "tour" yellow Id game it too. The different color gives the edge to the Z-star for me.

So now that the season is going for most of us, what ball are you currently gaming? Im a big fan of the Srixon Tour Yellow myself.

I love these balls, never thought I'd game a yellow ball- but this just feels right

I love these balls, never thought I'd game a yellow ball- but this just feels right

Me too. With how popular they seem to be one has to wonder if Titleist or Bridgestone will step up and deliver another yellow ball.

Me too. With how popular they seem to be one has to wonder if Titleist or Bridgestone will step up and deliver another yellow ball.

As much as they are popular in this forum- I think we are a small population of the people who actually buy equipment (yes- even you OEM)... I just don't think they are as popular with the "common" folk as they are with us "equipment Ho's"

As much as they are popular in this forum- I think we are a small population of the people who actually buy equipment (yes- even you OEM)... I just don't think they are as popular with the "common" folk as they are with us "equipment Ho's"

You might be right but my GG is ALWAYS out of them. But I have no idea how many come and go. For all I know they may be only ordering a few dozen at a time and I just come at the wrong time to buy them. Im stocked up for now though.

My swing is a bit wild right now, so Im back to playing cheap balls. I recently picked up a couple dozen Wilson Maximums at Wal-Mart for $5 a dozen. The quality of the paint of them is pretty cheap but they actually perform pretty decent for a cheap ball. Id say the performance is pretty equal to the Precept Laddie-X that I used to play.
When I get my swing back under control I might switch back to a premium ball in order to get the shortgame spin back, but for now Im playing the cheapies.

If I get too wild for the good balls I usually go to the top flight gamer or D2 I think it is. They have them at walmart so I get them with the groceries so I know just how low Ive gotten lol

I play whatever ball I find while walking through the woods looking for mine. Decent balls go in one pocket and crappy ones in the other. Crappy balls are the ones I hit at the end of a range session to gauge the real distance on my drive- the rest end up redeposited in the woods by yours truly (and the cycle begins again!)

I also have a sleeve of pink and purple balls (wilson's hope) that I use when I get very frustrated with my game. Those NEVER get any play time though...
/sarcasm

I play whatever ball I find while walking through the woods looking for mine. Decent balls go in one pocket and crappy ones in the other. Crappy balls are the ones I hit at the end of a range session to gauge the real distance on my drive- the rest end up redeposited in the woods by yours truly (and the cycle begins again!)

I also have a sleeve of pink and purple balls (wilson's hope) that I use when I get very frustrated with my game. Those NEVER get any play time though...
/sarcasm

lol you punish yourself by playing with pink balls? lol thats great.

im currently switching between the Taylor Made burner TP, and Bridgestone treosoft.

both good balls, but i voted TM as i seem to pick them out my bag more than the bridgestones at the moment.

So who else voted "other" and what was it? Just curious

I got a dozen Nike Ignites for Christmas and used them last week. As soon as my my others that I use are close to gone I think I'll get a bunch of these from knetgolf.

first time playing a penta... its a great ball but it decided to go swimming on the last hole...
if not for the price id play it all the time

first time playing a penta... its a great ball but it decided to go swimming on the last hole...
if not for the price id play it all the time

same here russ. it's a great ball, but awfully steep for me right now. i've been playing the E7 lately and am extremely happy with it. i've also been playing some zstars which i've always enjoyed.

Back