Votes: 34 16.0%
  • Titleist

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • Top Flight

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • other

Votes: 14 6.6%

• Total voters
Dude, just think.....dont lose this ball everytime you get over it!

Me too, brother. Me too. :beat-up:

The course I play the most, has this one hole with two little ponds right in the middle of the fairway. The first one is like ladies tee or missed your drive distance but the second one is right in my weak drive area and if I get up there and think about how Im going to crush it over the water I might as well go throw it in with my hands. Every time. So I guess I need to try to hit into it lol

Take dead aim for the closest lily pad and you are sitting pretty!

I voted for Nike. But, I switch around between the One Tour D and the ProV. I played the ProV1x yesterday and just spun the bejesus out of it. I prefer the hop and stop that I get with the Tour D.
NOTE: My driver ss is 105.

What I did find interesting in some above comments was some switching from ProV's to something else. Most golfers don't have a 100+ mph ss . So, IMO, the ProV is not the best ball to use. Based on some reviews Penta seems to be a 90-100mph ss ball. While the ProV is a 100+mph ss ball.

There are dual theories on picking a ball: 1) start at the green and work back 2) start at the teebox and go forward.

I definitely believe in knowing what your drive ss is to pick the ball you are more likely to compress enough for maximum benefit. Once you find the balls that match your swing speed, then pick a ball from that group that has your spin requirements.

I have played the TM Red, which I found, and could absolutely bomb it. It seemed like a club longer than anything else I'd tried. I may buy some of these when my current batch of nike's and prov's get low.
yeah ummm every swing is different even if the ss is the same... prime example is my brother and a friend of ours... they both have 100+ swing speeds and are both really long off the tee... our friend swears by the prov but my brother cant play them(too spinny)... my brother hooks prov's off the tee and spins them off the greens... he plays a bridgestone tour b330 rxs i think... our friend is a fader and likes to hit cuts... he doesnt have a problem with the prov's over spinning... heck ive never seen him spin a ball back...
they have the same swingspeeds give or take a lil either way... but completely different swings... just cuz a high ss guy can compress a pinnacle distance rock doesnt mean its the best ball for them... like the prov is the best for everyone with a high swing speed
I think the hardest part about choosing a golf ball is everyone's swing differs and even two 100mph driver swings play completely differennt. I was at a Titleist ball fitting this weekend (Golf Galaxy) and the rep was saying that the compression for a ProV1 was 83 and ProV1x was 91. Not sure really how that correlates to SS but I'd be interested to know. I have a two ball sleeve of each. I plan on going to the PGA SS free golf ball fitting again soon because the last time I choose budget ball and it gave me the gamer. Which I did really like.
the gamer is a great ball for its price range

My buddy, El Caganer, gave me a sleeve of Polara golf balls. He claims they self correct a hook or a slice due to the dimple pattern being different at the poles. I cant wait to try them out.

I play pro v1x's. I swear by them. However, I've been trying out the Penta and they are pretty ok. Yesterday I purchased the Z-starx yellow. I'm really excited about trying a yellow ball.

Callaway HX-Bite...mainly because they were 2-1 at Golf Town as well ^

Ok, Ive officially made the switch to the Bridgestone B330-RX. Loving the distance off the tee and feel is still as good as the Z-star. I dont think it checks up as good but its darn close! I still have some yellow Z-stars left so I'll game those still too but I think the B330-RX is a really good match for my game and swing.

welcome to the Bridgestone family Kev. What took ya so long?
Ok, Ive officially made the switch to the Bridgestone B330-RX. Loving the distance off the tee and feel is still as good as the Z-star. I dont think it checks up as good but its darn close! I still have some yellow Z-stars left so I'll game those still too but I think the B330-RX is a really good match for my game and swing.

ba-zinga!!! love the ball. played with one all day today!! i have no qualms with the amount of checking up or spin but i do know that it just feels superb and performs greatly off the tee.

Just made the switch to a callaway ball the tour i(s) it gives me same consistent distance with a little more control around the green, for example played yesterday chipped in three times and had two more gimmes from 100 and in

I prefer Bridgestone balls. It's a confidence thing and something as small as a little white ball that gives you good vibes, hey you got to go with it.....

I don't know who the heck this Pale Rider dude is, but he sounds alot like Santa Claus to me :D ... I though he was a cowboy or something like that. I think Pale Rider should wear a cap with the word "Pale Rider" on his visor/cap at the Fla. outing. I bet my arse he plays Bridgestone balls though :bridgestone: :eek:)

welcome to the Bridgestone family Kev. What took ya so long?

I like dem yeller ballz! But I did play the e6 most of last year. The RX is just an awesome ball and Im on board for good now.

Last 2 rounds have been with the B330's. Love em!

I have started switching between two balls, depending on conditions for the day and my swing for the day. I will either play the TM Penta or the Pro V1x. I love the Penta and consider it my usual ball. In some circumstances/conditions, however, I find that the Pro V1x is more predictable with the short game.

When I am hitting the driver well, I hit both balls about the same distance, though at very different trajectories (the Pro V1x is a lower trajectory with more roll, while the Penta is more carry for me). When I am having an off-day, though, I find the Pro V1 to work better for me, and when I am having an "on-day" the Penta seems to do what I want a bit more with the driver.

For the short game, the Penta is typically the more predictable ball for me and I love how it reacts. But when there is the combination of soft conditions and fast greens, the Penta is just too unpredictable for me. Thus, in these conditions, I will turn to the Pro V1x. It reacts much differently, but more predictable for me under these conditions.

I play the Penta more often, but will switch when needed.

Right now I'm playing the Nike One Tour. Not very impressed for the money you pay for it.

I found a Taylormade TP LDP on the front 9 today and played the entire back 9 with it and shot 11 strokes better. Coincidence? Probably. But I really liked this ball. Is it a current ball and if not what would be the current replacement?

pretty sure its the Taylor Made Burner TP ;)

Currently Callaway Tour ix or i's

I Like the B330-Rx or Srixon TriSpeed but I tried the yellow Z Stars today and love the visibility. I can follow the ball much better than a white one in the air and on the ground-especially on the browner fairways this time of year here in NC.With my slower swing speed ,the Tri-speed may fit me better so I wish they came in yellow also.

Back