Votes: 34 16.0%
  • Titleist

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • Top Flight

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • other

Votes: 14 6.6%

• Total voters
same here russ. it's a great ball, but awfully steep for me right now. i've been playing the E7 lately and am extremely happy with it. i've also been playing some zstars which i've always enjoyed.

i tried the z-urs the other day... not sure if its comparable to the z-star but it was a good ball -
rip z-urs... a diver will come get you soon

Today playing a tournament I was using Penta TP's. On the 14th hole I miss hit my driver off the toe into the left rough and had to play a provisional ball just in case. The ball I pulled out of the bag happened to be a Pro V1x. I hit it absolutely flush off the driver, right down the middle. When I found my miss hit Penta in the deep grass, it was still 5 yards farther than the Pro V1x was lying in middle of the fairway, GPS measured.

If nothing else convinced me, that would. Penta is the only premium ball for someone with a swing speed lower than 100 mph. It is definitely my ball of choice. :golf2:

I found a Taylormade TP LDP on the front 9 today and played the entire back 9 with it and shot 11 strokes better. Coincidence? Probably. But I really liked this ball. Is it a current ball and if not what would be the current replacement?

ProV1's have been a staple for awhile, but I am really liking the Bridgetone B330-RXS.

I'm really liking the B330-RXS. Great ball all-round for my game.

I've tried just about all of the top notch balls now, and I've come back to the Pro v1x.

It's the only premium ball that doesn't spin too much for me off the tee. I get great distance, soft feel, and a lot of spin.

Close second would be the Callaway Tour ix.

right now the bridgestone b330rx is firmly cemented in my bag! i've only got one round and one practice session under my belt with it, but this ball works great for me.

Wow Titleist in 3rd place...Interesting.....In Fact Titleist, Taylormade, and Calllaway combined don't add up to the People using Bridgestone and Srixon. Man this site is awesome but everyone's biased towards the Srixon and Bridgestone. Oh well, guess i'm gonna have to keep playing my Srixon Yellows.

Wow Titleist in 3rd place...Interesting.....In Fact Titleist, Taylormade, and Calllaway combined don't add up to the People using Bridgestone and Srixon. Man this site is awesome but everyone's biased towards the Srixon and Bridgestone. Oh well, guess i'm gonna have to keep playing my Srixon Yellows.

I wonder if it is bias towards certain companies, or if it is an awknowledgement for how good the balls are. I don't game either (heck, I don't game a consistant ball at all... I know, shame on me...) but sometimes I feel that that 75% marketshare to Titlest is in huge part due to consumer bias. Listening to some people that have come here and say "I personally feel that a low end titlest is a better ball than a top end anything else" just shows how brainwashed some people are.

I would be really curious what the pro marketshare would be if there were no endorsements. Something tells me it would be A LOT more evenly distributed.

I play the Bridgestone ball because I tested it versus other balls from other brands I was playing and decided that it made me feel most comfortable on the tee and the green. I am not playing the ball cause it is "fashionable" or where it ranks with professionals. I dont have their abilities and I play the e6 because of the results it provides on the course.

Last edited:
I'm still trying to determine the best ball for me. I've been testing out several kinds. The latest that I tried is a Callaway Diablo but I hit them too high. I really want to get fitted for a ball but there is nowhere around here to do it. Gray gave me a sleeve of Bridgestone E7's to try out. Luckily I work at a golf course that sells zillions of used balls of every make and model so I can experiment all I want. I really liked the Srixon Z-Star last time I tried it but they are expensive!

I dont think it is biased, and I know it is not with me. I play the Bridgestone ball because tested it versus other balls from other brands I was playing and decided that it made me feel most comfortable on the tee and the green. I am not playing the ball cause it is "fashionable" or what others do here and I want to "fit in", I play it cause of the results it provides on the course.

rx was reverrfing to the majority of Titleist users. And the fact that they stick with titleist only because it's "the number one ball on tour" even if they're playing the DT Carry or something like that.

I'm still trying to determine the best ball for me. I've been testing out several kinds. The latest that I tried is a Callaway Diablo but I hit them too high. I really want to get fitted for a ball but there is nowhere around here to do it. Gray gave me a sleeve of Bridgestone E7's to try out. Luckily I work at a golf course that sells zillions of used balls of every make and model so I can experiment all I want. I really liked the Srixon Z-Star last time I tried it but they are expensive!

The Bridgestone e's are more comparable to Titleist's NXT series while the Srixon rivals the PRO_V1 more. So while the Srixon is more expensive than the bridgestones, they are $5 bucks cheaper than the PRO V-1s. I really like the Ball fitting service that Bridgestone provides all companies should provide it. In fact it's weird that some third party places will take the time to fit your clubs exactly to your specs, yet completly ignore the ball.

the only reason i still play titleist on occasion is they are the number 1 ball "found" in the rough when im looking for my penta

rx was reverrfing to the majority of Titleist users. And the fact that they stick with titleist only because it's "the number one ball on tour" even if they're playing the DT Carry or something like that.

Thank you snap, i did misread the post, was a little early here, I altered my response.

I just picked up a box of the Bridgestone Tour B330-RX to try out.

sumitomo go strait

Right now the Penta is firmly cemented in my bag. I got 3 dozen just recently. I love that they spin more than a Pro Vx for me but not as much as the ProV so they go a little straighter and the short game and putting with the Penta are awesome.

I've found a few Callaways I've liked recently. I wish I could find a Srixon. I might just have to buy sleeve.

I am still playing the TaylorMade Penta, but I have also put the Bridgestone B330-RXZ and the Srixon Z star Yellow in my bag and really like them also. One of these days i will get to Denver and get a proper ball fitting done.

Been playing pro-v1x for quite a bit and have been pretty happy with x, occasionaly a V1, but I'm amazed how many are playing bridgestone and srixon yellow....will def give them both a try, also, played in an outing recently where we had to play Nike ball at Nike demo event, and I had played a Nike mojo...this ball did nothing for me....really don't know who ball is designed for, but I wouldn't recommend

Been playing pro-v1x for quite a bit and have been pretty happy with x, occasionaly a V1, but I'm amazed how many are playing bridgestone and srixon yellow....will def give them both a try, also, played in an outing recently where we had to play Nike ball at Nike demo event, and I had played a Nike mojo...this ball did nothing for me....really don't know who ball is designed for, but I wouldn't recommend

Since you play the pro-v1X you should try Srixon's equivalent. Z star X I think it's called. I play the normal Z stars since I have closer to normal club head speeds. I really like the Bridgestones and Srixon, I feel you'll find they don't spin quite as hard as the pro-v1 ( I mean un noticable on full swing, barely less on half shots) but their durability/soft combo can't be beat.

i found a brand new looking srixon ad-333 and played it the other day... i liked it

Don't laugh but I have been playing a top flight gamer the past couple weeks because a box was given to me. It's been a surprising ball.

Back