What is your favorite dog breed and why?

Husky, they look cool. Tough and have the same eyes as me

See my avatar, I love basset hounds. They have amazing personalities, and love to talk to you when they want something. Has passed on, but was a wonderful companion.
I currently have to rescue dogs that I wouldn't trade for anything. Both mutts but very loyal and very good dogs.

The Peter Pan of the dog world because they never grow up and they love everybody- Flat coated retrievers

See my avatar, I love basset hounds. They have amazing personalities, and love to talk to you when they want something. Has passed on, but was a wonderful companion.
I currently have to rescue dogs that I wouldn't trade for anything. Both mutts but very loyal and very good dogs.

i think it’s impossible to be around a basset for fifteen minutes without laughing.

Rescues dogs are the best.

I wouldn’t mind a field bred English cocker or Boykin spaniel but would rather rescue a dog then get one from a puppy mill.

don't think that I can pick just one. Have had great experiences with so many including the great american mutt. Right now it would be American Cocker spaniel because my little buddy is still cruising along at 15+.

Brittanys...smart, eager to please, friendly, easy to train and great hunting buddies.

I won't tell my other dogs who are also of mutts of different breeds but my first adult dog I picked out 9 years ago was an Australian Cattle Dog mix and he was such a good dog. We lost him in January at age 14 (on my birthday too) due to kidney failure and I'll always have a soft spot for that breed. We just got a new dog at the beginning of July and she is a year and half ACD. I believe she is a mix as well but looks and acts like 95% cattle dog with just a bit of a different tail.

All of our dogs are shelter dogs.

Wire Haired Viszla. Atheltic, hunting dog which is very trainable and a great family dog.
We also breed, hunt train them and show.
facebook pivot kennels
website

Kolibri Delcig and Artesssa.jpg

quill and pheasant.jpg

Whichever one is licking my face at the moment.

Our new basset hound puppy has stolen our heart and they are entertaining. As you can see , the constant ball of energy factor is not an issue.

Attachments

• IMG_0797.JPG
    IMG_0797.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 16
Hard for me not to say Cane Corso.

Ours, Clyde, was so darn regal in nature. Just a calm, confident protector, playmate, and best buddy.

I've loved every single one of my dogs equally but as an individual, Clyde was special.

Still, I doubt I'll ever get another Cane Corso again. First, it's a very powerful, very dominant breed. It needs extensive training and perpetual socialization.

It's dominance isn't typically at all directed toward people, just other animals and especially dogs.

Clyde was good with all, fair, just looking to play. He only took exception when a dog tried to signal dominance over him. He wouldn't have that. Never aggressive and he always listened to my commands but I'd be lying if I didn't view his physical capabilities and breed characteristics as a potential powder-keg. I mean, I did trust him but I also never assumed anything.

Secondly, we may have just hit a grand-slam with this particular guy and rolling the dice on another might prove to be an altogether different experience.

Besides, Clyde could never be our only dog, we've had so many and still have one. But he can be our only Cane Corso. I kinda like the one and done feel to it after being able to enjoy such a great ride with our special guy for nearly 11 years.

Come Sunday, he'll have been gone for a full year. But never gone, gone.

Not the best pic, but I love how it captured his serious side:
7b478df70a4a440e848faf0998298d29.jpg

My avatar says it all

Hard for me not to say Cane Corso.

Ours, Clyde, was so darn regal in nature. Just a calm, confident protector, playmate, and best buddy.

I've loved every single one of my dogs equally but as an individual, Clyde was special.

Still, I doubt I'll ever get another Cane Corso again. First, it's a very powerful, very dominant breed. It needs extensive training and perpetual socialization.

It's dominance isn't typically at all directed toward people, just other animals and especially dogs.

Clyde was good with all, fair, just looking to play. He only took exception when a dog tried to signal dominance over him. He wouldn't have that. Never aggressive and he always listened to my commands but I'd be lying if I didn't view his physical capabilities and breed characteristics as a potential powder-keg. I mean, I did trust him but I also never assumed anything.

Secondly, we may have just hit a grand-slam with this particular guy and rolling the dice on another might prove to be an altogether different experience.

Besides, Clyde could never be our only dog, we've had so many and still have one. But he can be our only Cane Corso. I kinda like the one and done feel to it after being able to enjoy such a great ride with our special guy for nearly 11 years.

Come Sunday, he'll have been gone for a full year. But never gone, gone.

Not the best pic, but I love how it captured his serious side:
7b478df70a4a440e848faf0998298d29.jpg
That sounds like my 102lb. Black Chow Chow we had, smart, loyal and, so very protective. But you're correct, some breeds are like a powder keg. He was never that way with humans but other dogs if they didn't submit to him it could be a shnit show.

First off I think adopting is the right way to go. Buying pure bred puppies just perpetuates the cycle of overbreeding and abandonment of dogs at shelters so just go to a shelter and adopt if you're getting a dog. That said retrievers are the best dogs IMO. They are big, fun, and always super friendly. Yes they shed a ton, but you don't mind it because they are so great to have around the house.

Irish Setter cause I just like redheads.
We rescued an Irish Setter 3 years ago. She is awesome. Such a spaz, but a great dog.

Loved my old golden retriever. His attitude ,typical of the breed , was

There are no such things as strangers, just friends I have not met yet.

We had an English Setter for 13 years .He passed about 15 months ago. Wonderful dog and missed memeber of the family.

I love all dogs but we are partial to Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, really sweet and loving dogs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure I’ll ever own anything but Goldendoodle’s now. Amazing dogs, sharp as a tack, and so very good with kids.

Back