What is your favorite dog breed and why?

Glad this thread was started. I've had boxers for years. My last dog was a Visala/Boxer mix and probably the best dog ever. Currently, we don't have a dog and the wife mentioned to me last night about getting another family member. I wanted to wait until my son was 2 years old, come Sept. 1st, and decided it's time. Probably will go with a boxer as they have a great temperament, great with kids and loyal as heck. But we will check out other breeds to see what fits our needs. Boxer is already at the top of MY list.;)

All dogs are great (mostly.)
I've batted around the idea of 2 little ones.
I had a Rat Terrier that I absolutely loved. So much energy! The toy poodle was just sweetie.
Bischon was the last dog and she was dad's girl, but a great dog overall, just waaay more aloof than the other breeds.
I decided I just don't want to pick up after a big dog. Nothing that goes bigger than me! :ROFLMAO:

Our two Labs -

Samson was everything we said we would never do - a male from a pet store/puppy mill. But he was awesome. We could put him in the back of our wagon, pick up some burgers and leave him there with them when we ran into a supermarket, and the burgers would be untouched when we returned.P4210102.JPG

With a Samson, it was inevitable there had to be a Delilah. We're pretty sure there's a little pit bull in her. She is currently 13 and the anti-Sam. We can't leave any baked goods out anywhere. Right after we rescued her, she ate 19 of 24 donuts off the kitchen table, leaving the ones with sprinkles untouched.
104.JPG

Lagotto Romagnolo by a huge margin.D339ABED-7457-40D6-8008-A2C555CC8FF0.jpeg

Lots of heartwarming photos.

We have had 2 pugs and they are so sweet! My little girl Nellie has been a part of our family for 9 years. She is the easiest dog!

Neighbors have a golden/spaniel mix. looks like a 2/3 golden size but jet black, way cool dog

We've owned a couple boxers including our current one. Each had a unique personality, both extremely loyal, and a bit needy. Boxers never really never grow out of that puppy stage and are not the sharpest crayon in the box. But I think that's what makes them all the more endearing.

Not sure they are my favorite breed, however. I like them all.

Dogs are so much better than people, so there’s no bad breed.

rescues are the best!

Boxer. They've got so much personality are so goofy and playful, are such wonderful dogs and how can you not love that face?

I’ve not met a breed I didn’t like— owned German Shepard’s, silky terriers, Yorkies, mutts, and now have a shih-tzu. Just an overall fan of them all hah.

Boxers & Doberman's. I have a few of each. Love them both.

Me and my boy relaxing on the deck since it’s not so humid tonight.

View attachment 8955531

We have a Doberman & Boxer mix. She looks like a Rodesian, is reserved and protecting like a Doberman, and playful like a Boxer.

My dad was a vet and we had different breeds growing up and loved them all (shelties, collie, black lab, greyhounds), but now that I'm an adult and have my own greyhound, I gotta say I'm partial and will likely always have one. Wife even on board with adding a second one.

Here's our boy at the beach last summer.
EBpXRTvXkAEk0bQ

My wife’s dogs...King Tut, a rescued Lhasa Apso. When he was found by animal control in Raleigh, he had been outside so long, his fur was so long and matted, he looked mummified! So, they named him King Tut. Super intelligent dog! Mild mannered, great with my daughter.
C970F203-EAC9-4AAE-9577-DD8F5D00AA14.jpeg
Chewy, a Shuh Tzu rescued from a puppy mill. When my wife got him, he had been caged all his life! Couldn’t hardly walk, deathly afraid of everything. A breeder used him for breeding, then surrendered him to the pound. Super funny, very playful!
0E10D60B-AF0D-45A4-94BC-93D437B7C95D.jpeg

I’ll go with a couple dogs that are polar opposites. I grew up with a corgi named Frank. He’s an old man in a dogs body. Super cranky and wants to be left alone, but also super cute. Also, we haven’t got on yet, but my wife has turned me on to Bernese Mountain Dogs. Can’t have one yet due to our apartment rules (I don’t think it would even fit) but hopefully at our next place!

We have a Doberman & Boxer mix. She looks like a Rodesian, is reserved and protecting like a Doberman, and playful like a Boxer.
I din't even know there was such a thing. I'd like to see a photo of her if you have any.

Boxer...because we love our Lila!!!D4A99C02-E9CF-4940-B881-0A0483EF06B9.jpeg

This thread is fantastic. Keep the pooch pics coming please.

Back