What is your favorite season to golf?

Trout Bum

Regional Rival
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
What is your favorite season to get out and play and why? Is it the heat of summer? the blooms of spring? the cool crisp air in the fall? or the cold weather when the courses are empty and you're free to drop a couple balls and play them out?

I love late summer early fall golf, there always seems to be a breeze of sorts and the air just smells different, the colors are moving on landscapes, and the pollen is gone for the most part and my allergies have subsided for the most part.

Early summer. Not too hot, the rainy spring should be mostly over so everything is the greenest. Also, the greens have healed from aeration so they should be in the best shape of the year. Shortly the heat and droughts will come and burn off the grass and make the greens, traps, fairways and tees hard.

The snow birds are gone season ... More tee times and prices drop ...

Late Spring, Early Summer. It's not blazing hot but the course is green and lush in most cases.

Winter because I get the course all to myself!

Year round. Golden season is always in season in socal

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Spring and early fall. Most comfortable temps and everything is green and in good shape.

Early fall. The leaves are starting to change color, but not drop yet. Temperature is warm enough, but not too hot. Grass and courses are always in great shape.

Autumn. Especially after a really hot summer.

It's a tie between early spring and late summer/early fall. Being able to wear pants and walk the course without it being hot is fun

Early fall before the leaves come off the trees and a light jacket will do.

Late spring/early summer

Winter is out as well as fall (leaves make it easy to lose balls in the northeast).

I love early fall golf. Brisk air, but not cold yet. It's always just so nice.

There's no real seasons in Houston. So dry, sunny conditions between 60-70 would be perfect for me. That could literally be any day of the year here.

Big toss up here for me. I love the summer because the heat does not bother me and there are no leaves on the ground to hid my ball. But I love the fall because the courses around here are very pretty but hate when leaves make it hard to find the ball.

Back