What is your favorite shot tracking device?

What is your favorite shot tracking device?

• Arccos

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • Shot Scope

Votes: 35 58.3%
  • Garmin or other watch w/o sensors

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • The Grint

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 5 8.3%

• Total voters
The thing that puzzles me with these devices is how some say that Arccos misses too many shots and others have a great experience. Then, in contrast, some say that Shot Scope misses too many shots, while others report almost flawless experiences.

I have a friend who could not get Arccos to record shots. We would be on the same course, with the same technology.

Every single time that I have used Shot Scope, it has missed shots, added phantom shots and not recognized that I was on the green, to let me record putts. I wish I knew what the variable is in the performance. I love the small sensors.
Totally agree. It definitely misses putts for me, but overall it almost never misses a shot for me. I have had to swap out sensors, but I’ve had it now for 4 years, so I feel like that’s to be expected.

I have Arccos, but on the grandfathered free subscription. It's great to learn my yardages & fairway % by club & it has definitely helped me improve my game. I enjoy being able to send pictures of round summaries to friends after the fact.

I do feel I'm getting less value as each year goes on. Reading putts is quite poor, along with marking pin locations (done through the link). It's also a pain to input each putt distance. If it were to break, or if they require a subscription, then I'd discontinue it.

I answered Shot Scope, love my H4! But I also use TheGrint in real time as inevitably I forget to tag a putt or duff a chip or take a penalty. So essentially TheGrint is my score of record and then I can go back afterwards and edit my round from ShotScope, makes it far easier to double check putts, sand shots, etc....

I wouldn't say it was a negative, in fact I enjoyed the app especially during a round for GPS purposes but as far as tracking goes, I'm not sure I need all that info. Its fun to know yardages and such especially when breaking in new gear and to compare as well as seeing what your weaknesses are but eventually it all just becomes too much. I don't like the screw in sensors at all, the built in ones were better but after putting regular grips back I'm glad to be back to normal.

I would also classify myself as "over it," though I love the data. I just hate rolling up to the first tee and getting everything working. I do miss the stats relative to basic FIR/GIR/Putts, which I find incredibly lacking given what I now know.

I tried Golf Metrics (Mark Broadie's app), which was a very crude application for SG. I actually kinda liked it, but I also wish I could tap on the screen to add shots rather than the calculator-like app. I can remember the numbers for a large percentage of my shots, but I could probably get more rounds in with a visual tool or add-on.

Side note - I have a bone to pick with strokes gained, but I'll save that rant for another thread...

i would 100% say Shot Scope - I have used grint and liked the idea of tracking accuracy then moved to Arccos and like it but not the price - SS is amazingly accurate added benefit of GPS on the course.

tons of info! Using data has helped me shave some strokes off my game.

I use a Shot Scope H4. I chose it for its low price and based on some of the feedback i have seen on various forums. It is not perfect. The post round editing could use some work. The tags can be a bit fiddly on some grips (lost one already, and popped quite a few on course, but I usually manage to find them before walking off).

As for the stats, i am more interested in things like tee shots, approaches, short game etc. I am not as keen on the per-club statistics. If they could have just added a couple of buttons on the GPS to tag shots I would use that instead of the fiddly per-club tags.

V3 but only because the sensors give me a club by club look...otherwise, the S60 is more than capable and i am very happy with it.

Other, like a pencil? Cause I use a pencil.

Shot Scope V3. A close second was Game Golf. I didn’t mind the club tagging before a shot but really loved the dispersion shots being available in the app and the app usability. The rest are distant thirds and fourths.

Back