What is your favorite shot tracking device?

What is your favorite shot tracking device?

• Arccos

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • Shot Scope

Votes: 35 58.3%
  • Garmin or other watch w/o sensors

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • The Grint

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 5 8.3%

• Total voters
I've been using Arccos for 4 years. The price is going up, they could do so much more with level of details to share but they don't. Been having issues with courses being not aligned on GPS properly. Going to give Shot Scope a try when my new Edel irons arrive. Seem to have the ability to break things down more AND their level of support here on the forums.

Garmin, simply because it's already in the watch I wear every day, and it's relatively effortless. The analytics aren't as detailed as Shot Scope, Arccos, etc., but it's good enough for my purposes.

I try to try other things as they come up, but I've been on grint so long, and an pro+ or whatever it's called, so I'm take used to the data and interface. So I know how to gauge progress and regression well with it. And they've improved the individual club tracking. I used to have to use a different app for certain sets is clubs and don't anymore. They added greens maps this year so I got to ditch another one I paid for on that. I know some don't like being on their phone, but just habit for me. I'm usually doing something far more complicated out there than a few taps on my phone. If I don't want to mess with it much though I just use their watch app and a rangefinder.

Shot Scope v3 for me and it's been great. It almost never misses shots for me - or has not since I started.

I find having the stats very useful for my overall club selection during a round.

Shot Scope because that it the only one I have tried.

I've only tried Arccos as when i picked it up it was this or Game Golf, and Game Golf required tapping the club before each shot which I was sure I would forget. Seeing more about Shot Scope has me more interested in that, but it's hard to justify the cost since i have a functioning Arccos setup.

Shot Scope is superior to all imo.

I use the V3 from Shot Scope.....

Having used both Shot Scope and Arccos, Shot Scope has been the far superior product.

No subscription, you get the GPS watch on your wrist, don't have to take your phone out with you, the tags are thinner and less visible, more in depth stats in the app.

I've only used it for 5 rounds but it has never missed a shot for me yet. Only when I've forgotten to record the putts.

Until I'm taken off the "grandfathered' free arccos subscription that is the train I'll live on. Just too familiar with the app and system at this point to warrant a change over.

Only ever used ShotScope, but I definitely enjoy it. The on course use, especially as someone who edits my round after the fact, is very simple. I will admit the app can be a bit glitchy at times, but that could be as much my phone as the product.

Can’t really say fav as I’ve only used Arccos. But with that said - it’s not bad. I’m not using it as much right now for some reason though.

I like my shot scope better than arccos. Plus there is no subscription. I need to do better with integrating tapping into my routine

Until I'm taken off the "grandfathered' free arccos subscription that is the train I'll live on. Just too familiar with the app and system at this point to warrant a change over.
I am like you. I have a subscription that requires no annual fee, which seems to be the downside for many.

I also don’t have a problem with a phone in my pocket. I have been doing it for years now and just seems normal.

I am like you. I have a subscription that requires no annual fee, which seems to be the downside for many.

I also don’t have a problem with a phone in my pocket. I have been doing it for years now and just seems normal.
Yea everything about shot scope sounds great, but I'll be honest the watch has absolutely no appeal to me. I like to wear my apple watch for the calorie burn/fitness side of things, and have no issue pulling my phone out to get a better hole overview etc. Having to wear two watches or eliminate my apple watch is a con for me. I'm sure I'll give it a try someday, but I've not been totally sold on it yet, even with this forum VERY pro and heavy shot scope fans.

Right now I only have experience with the front and I don't utilize all of it. I don't track all the details, just use to keep track of score & putts.
Ideally, I'd like to get shot scope and start getting se real stats.

The thing that puzzles me with these devices is how some say that Arccos misses too many shots and others have a great experience. Then, in contrast, some say that Shot Scope misses too many shots, while others report almost flawless experiences.

I have a friend who could not get Arccos to record shots. We would be on the same course, with the same technology.

Every single time that I have used Shot Scope, it has missed shots, added phantom shots and not recognized that I was on the green, to let me record putts. I wish I knew what the variable is in the performance. I love the small sensors.

Loving Shot Scope so far

I have used Golfshot, GameGolf, and ShotScope. ShotScope is my favorite so far; more features, easier to track, and customer service that not only exists, but is fantastic.

The thing that puzzles me with these devices is how some say that Arccos misses too many shots and others have a great experience. Then, in contrast, some say that Shot Scope misses too many shots, while others report almost flawless experiences.

I have a friend who could not get Arccos to record shots. We would be on the same course, with the same technology.

Every single time that I have used Shot Scope, it has missed shots, added phantom shots and not recognized that I was on the green, to let me record putts. I wish I knew what the variable is in the performance. I love the small sensors.

Send me a PM and I will have a look.

I only have experience with Arccos but I'm kind of over it

Shot Scope! I used the OG Game Golf. That was nice in that, like Shot Scope, there was no subscription fee. It was very accurate except for on and around the green due to having to tap the tag to the belt worn device (like the Shot Scope H4). I tried Golf Pad, but having to tag my phone and the tag sensing feature needing to be reset constantly were a negative for me. I've read too many issues about Arccos not picking up shots, plus the cost of Arccos.

The Shot Scope V3 has worked spectacularly for me. Very few missed shots, no subscription fees, minimal interaction (putting only), and terrific customer support.

I only have experience with Arccos but I'm kind of over it
When you say “over it,” it sounds like it was a negative for you. If so, what didn’t you like about it?

When you say “over it,” it sounds like it was a negative for you. If so, what didn’t you like about it?
I wouldn't say it was a negative, in fact I enjoyed the app especially during a round for GPS purposes but as far as tracking goes, I'm not sure I need all that info. Its fun to know yardages and such especially when breaking in new gear and to compare as well as seeing what your weaknesses are but eventually it all just becomes too much. I don't like the screw in sensors at all, the built in ones were better but after putting regular grips back I'm glad to be back to normal.

Back