What is your favorite vehicle you have owned?

You must have seriously modded that thing to give it the "go anywhere" capability. I love my '01 F150, but I'm not sure I'd even think it can go anywhere, much less say it.
Nope, stock. I lived in Wisconsin when I owned it and drove it through 10 Wisconsin winters, as well as driving it through the woods and fields when I would haul firewood with it. It would go anywhere.
One winter, I drove to work through 18" deep snow, so much so that snow was flying up over the hood from the snow drifts hitting the front bumper and it still never skipped a beat.
Really, my only gripe with the truck were the electrical gremlins it suffered from sometimes (it had the infamous odometer that the display didn't always work}, it would go through an ignition coil every year and it would throw emission codes sometimes.
It also had a head gasket oil lead on the passenger side and had one of the spark plugs eject from the cylinder head; which was common on those engines. Hey, the Ford Triton engines were little more than Jaguar engines with Ford logos on them (Ford owned Jag at one point in time and that engine technology came from Jag) and that's just the British charm of those engines. LOL

Nope, stock. I lived in Wisconsin when I owned it and drove it through 10 Wisconsin winters, as well as driving it through the woods and fields when I would haul firewood with it. It would go anywhere.
One winter, I drove to work through 18" deep snow, so much so that snow was flying up over the hood from the snow drifts hitting the front bumper and it still never skipped a beat.
Really, my only gripe with the truck were the electrical gremlins it suffered from sometimes (it had the infamous odometer that the display didn't always work}, it would go through an ignition coil every year and it would throw emission codes sometimes.
It also had a head gasket oil lead on the passenger side and had one of the spark plugs eject from the cylinder head; which was common on those engines. Hey, the Ford Triton engines were little more than Jaguar engines with Ford logos on them (Ford owned Jag at one point in time and that engine technology came from Jag) and that's just the British charm of those engines. LOL

Sounds much like my '01. I've blown two plugs already and the odometer decides when it wants to tell me the mileage.

You'll have to forgive me. When I hear "go anywhere", I think of stuff like this (yeah, it's just my kids playing in the rocks in this pic, but that trail was driven many times)...

IMAG1473_zpsc8c89175.jpg

... and this...

IMG_3269.jpg

I sure do miss my Jeep.

1969 Mustang. It was a special order car when new (I bought it in 1984). Standard 302 V8 but it was ordered with the Mach 1 underpinnings, HD Clutch and “Black Jade” paint (which was one of the Cobra Jet 429 colors). No fancy rims- black steel with half caps. I did some backyard “tweaking” and it ran, handled and sounded perfect (to me). The young lady I bought it from (original owner) was no more than 5 feet tall and used a pillow on drivers seat, and rarely had a passenger in the front. The rear seat(if you could call them that) belts were still clipped as it came from the factory. I could easily get 20+ mpg on the highway and 400 miles from a tank (20 gal). Kept it for about 5 years and started to have electrical gremlins in the ignition system that I and a few mechanics couldn’t solve for any length of time. It would run great, then misfire near the top of the rev range. Get that sorted then would go south on the low end, fix that then it wouldn’t run when it rained. Decided to buy a pickup truck. I bought it for $1000... sold it for $2800. Made a nice down payment.

My R3
B965EE03-AA38-456D-97C1-158B32AF03A7.jpeg
It wasn’t overly fast, but it was my first bike.
Car wise it would be between my Astra diesel that I remapped to turn it into an absolute torque monster, or my 2006 mustang. My 2018 mustang is a way better car, but my 2006 used to make me smile ear to ear as soon as I started the engine.
4F82D2A7-EE0A-4A87-97A9-24D1CD8E99C3.jpeg
C01D59E3-6732-400D-A0F3-AE36F8B1F459.jpeg

I’ll go with my 2009 Harley Davidson FXDC. Bought brand new from the factory.

After that, it’s my daily driver : 2018 F-150 Platinum.

79 TranAm. 4 speed manual. It was my first real sports car. It was fast and cost me everything I owned to keep it running. Engine blow up. Transmission, clutch. You name it I changed it. Upgraded every time it broke. Still had most fun driving it.
ed8478b52c114e07f78354bf4323d058.jpg

1998 Lexus LX470. Best truck/car I ever owned. 200K driven. change oxygen sensor once. Sold it when gas price went $5/g. Can’t keep putting $100+ every fill up.
fe5475c6b1774c2aa7130fba4ebdacea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

76 Mustang II ghia. Had V6 with a 4 speed was a great car until some jackwagon ran a red light & I broadsided them.

My dad was a used car manager his whole life, so we always had different cars to drive. My favorite car was a T-Top red Camaro with a black stripe up the middle.

However, my Plymouth Valerie was most memorable. One day my fraternity, as a prank, parked my car in the beach volleyball court. No problem, just started it up and drive it out. Car was a tank and it even rusted out the floor in the back seat. You could see the road below. 😆

2007 BMW M6 convertible, manual trans. Wonderful GT car. Loved it.

2000 Acura 3.2 TL just like the one below. I've read it was the most aerodynamic production car ever produced. Regardless, it handled like a dream and had all the luxury features.
2000 Acura 3.2TL.jpg

156.jpg
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4 JTD Veloce (2005)

Sadly now retired for a sensible family wagon with space for mine & daughters golf gear.

BMW 5 series E39 - 2001. Best car I owned.

My 2004 GMC Sierra 4x4 1500.

It's looking a little ragged these days, but I will keep driving it until the wheels fall off.

The truck kept my bills paid after the financial crash of 2008. The wife and I went from a combined 6 digit annual income to the unemployment line in a month. I immediately opened a home repair business and did anything and everything. The truck has hauled thousands of sheets of "sheetrock" along with paint, bricks, tile, soil, mulch etc. etc etc.

10533846_1504834446418592_9089464125492716953_o.jpg

Good question. So many over the years. Right now a Can AM Spyder RT, in the past there was a '40 Ford Pick Up, canary yellow with chrome reverse wheels that was pretty nice in 1965. Honorable mention was a '94 Vette.

For me, it varies but I miss my '15 ecoboost mustang. I only had it for 6 months before it was wrecked when another car pulled out in front of me. I want to get another one.

2008 BMW 535X Wagon. I freekin loved that car. This sounds weird but I am a wagon guy. I love the way a European performance car drives but I like the utility of a wagon for everything from putting golf clubs in it, putting a box on the roof and going skiing or throwing a bike in the back. I am currently wagonless right now (Audi A6 which I like but would love it in a wagon).

For 2 wheels
20181101_170428.jpg

For 4, My current: 2013 Kia Optima sxl.. all the bells n whistles

Looking forward to getting a truck eventually though

All time favorite was Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 4WD, lifted some and was just a tank.
Got rid of it when fuel prices got out of control, think I only got 10 mpg near the end.

My current Chevy Silverado 2017 crew cab has everything I would ever need in a vehicle. There are a few things I would change it with but nothing major.
bought new and love it.

Nostalgia pick is my first car, 5.0 Ford Mustang convertible, back in high school Loved that thing.

tubbed nova.jpg
Mine was pretty much like this minus the striping. 71 Nova SS I bought and built back in highschool. 427 smallblock, 2 kits, 4 linked 9" rear, mini tubbed. Fast is an understatement. Toward the end, it wasn't very street-able anymore and I didn't have the time to track it. Had some pretty memorable times with that car... good and bad. lol

I actually have a few cars I wish I still had.

My 08 Dodge Caliber SRT4... Fast and fun. Made 430hp to the wheels and was a blast to pull up to modern muscle cars and leave them in the dust.

My 02 Silverado 1500. That truck was my baby til I sold it in 08. 194k miles on it at the time of sale, and still on the original brake pads. Other than regular maintenance, the only repairs I had to make during the 6 years I had it was 1 battery, and the catalytic converters. That is all. Great friggin truck, and I would probably still have it today had I not been offered a ridiculous amount for it.

My current 2015 Toyota Tacoma

Taco Side.jpg

First Car: Toyota Landcruiser FZJ-80 ('93)

Current Car: Hyundai Genesis ('15)

Love/loved both

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer -- just over 313,000 miles, in almost 18 years fresh off the lot, and still counting.

Back