What is your favorite vehicle you have owned?

Mine was a Mitsubishi 3000GT that I bought in the early ’90’s. It was pearl white with red leather seats and it was a blast to drive.
I wanted that car so bad when I fist started to drive lol.

1972 Chevrolet Super Cheyenne short stepside with a 383. It’s sitting in storage today.

My 6 speed Mini Cooper. That car was zippy, and the handling around corners was a blast. Was also my first and only manual transmission.

93 Z28 or 86 Ramcharger. Neither were pretty but damn they were fun.

I had 3 cars that I really liked, first was a 1969 Mercury Cougar XR7 which was my first car and loved it, 351, flip up headlights, sequential rear tail lights. Then I put it into a ditch.1602187839058.png
Mine was not nearly as nice as this but similar without spoiler.

1983 Mustang GT 5.0, black 5-speed. Great car, ate through the Michelin TRX tires, was in college only had it a year or so and then had to sell too much money. Looked exactly like that. It was probably the newest car I have owned as I bought it in 1986.

1602187996113.png

Then a 1987 Toyota 4-runner lifted 22-RE, 5-speed, silver and black like below, removable roof, I had the soft top for it. Had 33's and used to do a lot of 4 wheeling in that truck. Got really rusty though and had head gasket issues at end of life

1602188117997.png

My current 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee has been great, very reliable and comfy. But cars of today while so much better still miss out on some of the fun and crazyness of cars of old

I'll warn you upfront. This will be a pretty oddball entry, but it comes from the heart. I started racing sprint karts in International Karting Federation races in the late '60s. My favorite vehicle was a sprint kart I customized in 1972/73 that looked like this.
hqdefault.jpg
I actually had one of the first karts with the engine beside the driver. This gave a lower center of gravity, but had two engineering challenges. One was offsetting the driver just enough to distribute the weight evenly to maximize handling around a turn. That turned out to be the easier of the two problems. The other was keeping the chain drive train aligned as the frame and engine flexed from accelerating and decelerating and the G-forces around a road course. I first solved that problem by purposely creating a cantilever using huge aircraft grommets and huge bolts and nuts connecting the engine mounting plate to the frame. The tapered grommets and bolt and nuts allowed me to vary the movement in the cantilever. Until I came up with that these side mounted engine karts (called sidewinders) would throw the chains about one out of 4 heats. Sprint kart races involved 3 separate races called heats that combined your placement at the end of each race to determine a winner. So, one DNF in a heat was both catastrophic and likely. Once this problem was solved, sidewinder configurations became the standard.

I competed mostly in a class for 100cc and smaller reed valve engines that was an open class allowing you to do just about anything else to modify the engine. I dominated this class for about an 18 month period from '73-75 due to another innovation.

An Italian company developed a really superior carburetor called the Burco. Up until that time everyone was running two, sometimes three carburetors in open class engines. They worked really well, but it was a constant battle to trim the fuel/air flow of the carburetors to match their performance. The Burco was a large single throat carburetor that was superior to the multi-carburetor setups even when they were trimmed properly. However, the Burco was designed exclusively for rotary valve engines.

I didn't have anything to do with the development of the Burco carburetor, but I sure took notice on how they were dominating the open classes for rotary valve engines. With some trial and error I was able to fabricate a manifold from the Burco carburetor to a McCulloch Model 101 engine that worked incredibly well. Unlike the mounting scheme for the sidewinder, I guarded the design of that manifold and bought myself an 18 month window where my kart could significantly outrun everyone else in my class. As an added bonus that McCulloch 101 engine had a chrome cowling and was one sexy looking engine. That combination topped out at 13,500 RPM running a nitro/alcohol blend.

Yep, that was my favorite vehicle.

Last edited:
My first car - 1974 Land Rover Series IIA- was awesome for 2 teenage boys and a dog!

I'll warn you upfront. This will be a pretty oddball entry, but it comes from the heart. I started racing sprint karts in International Karting Federation races in the late '60s. My favorite vehicle was a sprint kart I customized in 1972/73 that looked like this.
View attachment 8967908
I actually had one of the first karts with the engine beside the driver. This gave a lower center of gravity, but had two engineering challenges. One was offsetting the driver just enough to distribute the weight evenly to maximize handling around a turn. That turned out to be the easier of the two problems. The other was keeping the chain drive train aligned as the frame and engine flexed from accelerating and decelerating and the G-forces around a road course. I first solved that problem by purposely creating a cantilever using huge aircraft grommets and huge bolts and nuts connecting the engine mounting plate to the frame. The tapered grommets and bolt and nuts allowed me to vary the movement in the cantilever. Until I came up with that these side mounted engine karts (called sidewinders) would throw the chains about one out of 4 heats. Sprint kart races involved 3 separate races called heats that combined your placement at the end of each race to determine a winner. So, one DNF in a heat was both catastrophic and likely. Once this problem was solved, sidewinder configurations became the standard.

I competed mostly in a class for 100cc and smaller reed valve engines that was an open class allowing you to do just about anything else to modify the engine. I dominated this class for about an 18 month period from '73-75 due to another innovation.

An Italian company developed a really superior carburetor called the Burco. Up until that time everyone was running two, sometimes three carburetors in open class engines. They worked really well, but it was a constant battle to trim the fuel/air flow of the carburetors to match their performance. The Burco was a large single throat carburetor that was superior to the multi-carburetor setups even when they were trimmed properly. However, the Burco was designed exclusively for rotary valve engines.

I didn't have anything to do with the development of the Burco carburetor, but I sure took notice on how they were dominating the open classes for rotary valve engines. With some trial and error I was able to fabricate a manifold from the Burco carburetor to a McCulloch Model 101 engine that worked incredibly well. Unlike the mounting scheme for the sidewinder, I guarded the design of that manifold and bought myself an 18 month window where my kart could significantly outrun everyone else in my class. As an added bonus that McCulloch 101 engine had a chrome cowling and was one sexy looking engine. That combination topped out at 13,500 RPM running a nitro/alcohol blend.

Yep, that was my favorite vehicle.
nice

My favorite vehicle is my current BMW R1200 GSA. The rides are always pure pleasure.

023ba4d5f59dfca02542fdadacee5a95.jpg

Bought it in this color 2-years old and totaled it 18 months later. Still stings to look at it.

My current ride is my favorite -

C6 Grand Sport the Black one gets driven on Road Trips , Red one is for trips to the Golf Course.

1G1YR2DW4D5103586-10c.jpg2012GS.png

Back