What is Your Golf Bag Missing?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
There are golf bags in nearly every style nowadays. From staff bags to the lightest weight bags that only handle a few clubs. Some offer features that we didn’t even think we needed until seeing them. So what is your golf bag missing?

document.write("Loading Custom Ratings...");

Continue reading...

Attachments

• Untitled-6.jpg
    Untitled-6.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 301
Last edited by a moderator:
Velcro for a glove while I walk is the main thing on my bag. Maybe something else I don’t even know I need yet

i like 14 way tops with dividers, but i wish the dividers went to the floor!

My bag is totally missing the slot where talent is kept, but I just make due and don't play with any.

All kidding aside, the Ogio Alpha Convoy 514 RTC absolutely nailed everything I need in a bag. The only minor nag is I wish the single strap was a backback style. Since it's integrated into the bag, an aftermarket converter isn't an option. Ogio fixed this with the release of the Convoy SE Stand Bag 14, so if I change, that would be the direction I would currently go.

My bag is lacking some style and class. It not fancy but it functions. I am due for an upgrade though as it is wearing out. I am not too picky though. I want a 5 way top and your normal pouches.

I just got a new Ogio Convoy SE stand bag and it took care of the issue where I needed some extra space/pockets and area to clip on my mod pouch.

A putter well!

I miss the Velcro glove holder. There is an aftermarket Velcro tab that snaps on to one of the cover snaps.

A couple of extra rings so you don't have to attach everything in one spot would be nice!

The only thing my bag is missing is "Me" carrying it right now!

In all seriousness, the only thing I can think of would be dividers that extended the length of the bag (it's a 5 way top). This would help reduce the grips getting tangled among each other.

Mine is missing Ogio Silencer technology. Can you let your buddies at Callaway know that it would be really nice if they'd get on fixing that...

right now, only thing I would want is a gyroscopic bottle/can holder down near the base so I could put my open beverage there while putting the bag down to hit a shot. Have had too many beers either spilled or me having a heart attack to try and get it back on solid ground.

I am toying around with how to get one on their myself... but will have to see. Otherwise I am very pleased with my current bag.

I'll second the 2nd or more rings thing. That would be nice.

For me, a charging port? As a contractor I have battery everything and most of the newest tools and setups have somewhere to plug in your phone. Maybe I'm spoiled by that, but I don't see why it needs to be any different for a golf bag. I've been thinking about throwing an M12 in mine and cutting a slot for a cable. Let's add a magnet to slap my phone to the outside of the bag too, while we're at it. I magnet everywhere else.

Last edited:
More attachment points for me too

A dedicated clear waterproof phone pocket that allows you to use the screen without removing the phone from the pocket

Putter well

I still love my OGIO Alpha cart bag but I miss having a stand for range sessions. That and maybe one more clip for my Frogger brush to attach to.

Happily own the Ogio Alpha Convoy Stand bag. It's got everything you want in a bag, EXCEPT!!...

The backpack strap. It just has the single strap, which is ok, but that's it from me.

I honestly wish I had a 15th or even 16th slot for when I go to range. Charger would be nice. Other than that I don't need much more.

Mine is great for what I do most which is walk and carry. The zipper broke on the ball pouch so a functioning zipper there would be nice.

Putter well and a snag free design . The clubs are always getting stuck

My old SM bag had a little pocket that held 2 balls on the outside of the bag. I miss that. If I lost a ball I always had 2 ready so that I didn't have to go mess with zippers.

I have the Ogio Shadow Fuse. I wish there was a pocket on the top of the ball pocket. When riding the cart strap cuts off access to the 2 side pockets.

i like 14 way tops with dividers, but i wish the dividers went to the floor!
This. 100%. Nothing worse than having your clubs stuck together, especially when a bit of moisture gets introduced into the mix and the grips just glue themselves to each other.

I also wouldn't mind a larger water proof pocket for wallet/keys that I don't like leaving in the cart or on my body when swinging.

I would also like a stand bag that has a rigid upper area so that when you belt it in, it doesn't collapse, and also doesn't spin in the bag holders on carts.

Back