What is Your Golf Bag Missing?

I'm pretty happy with the Bridgestone Tour B I acquired a couple weeks ago. I've had it strapped to a cart once and had it to the range three times. It's worked well in both roles. It's only got full-length dividers between the rows of the 14-way top, but that seems to work pretty well, most times. I kind of wish it had a separate putter well, but that hasn't been a big deal. I suppose a few tee holders on the outside would've been cool. The single ring for hanging stuff on the outside seems to suffice.

I guess I'm just easy :)

A participant medallion from one of the big THP events;)

I am really hard pressed to find anything about my golf bags that has anything missing.

Plenty of room, full length dividers for clubs. Plenty of zippered, large to small compartments. Both have two external sleeves for extra clubs if I want to carry them. Both even have insulated compartments for hot/cold beverages.

They are both old, and probably out of style, but they both have histories, and an abundance of character.

Have two bags one being a stand and the other a cart being that the stand bags never seem to fit on push carts that well, and I also like magnetic pocket lids that come with the larger bags minus the bag size.

I guess the only thing that I am missing are full-length dividers across the entire inside, but my bag has several things that I feel are "must-haves" for me now.

Separate rangefinder, glove, and phone pockets
Pen holder large enough for 2-3 sharpies
Smaller tee pocket (hate the pockets big enough to carry 500 tees)

Sadly, my THP towel. I had “hoped” I just threw it in the laundry and forgot. Well, if I did I forgot where I put that load of laundry. Dangit.

Two things I liked about my Callaway Org 15 that the Ogio 514 Cart Bag replaced are:

1) the big cooler pocket in the front instead of just about every other bag having it on the side, and
2) That 15th slot for alignment sticks or for deciding between two clubs prior to a round and then taking one out of play without having to return to the car.

My ogio bag has a removeable "pouch" that I really like. I wish my Cobra carry bag had it.

The only thing missing on my bag is a dedicated putter well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Putter well on a Ping Hoofer or TM FlexTech. Then I would be set.

Not mentioned by others - if your bag doesn't have a cart strap pass through slot, you are missing out. It allows the cart strap to not interfere with any zippered pockets - I think it's a great feature on both the Hoofer and FlexTech. Not sure if any other bags have that, but it's a feature I am keen on.

right now, only thing I would want is a gyroscopic bottle/can holder down near the base so I could put my open beverage there while putting the bag down to hit a shot. Have had too many beers either spilled or me having a heart attack to try and get it back on solid ground.

I am toying around with how to get one on their myself... but will have to see. Otherwise I am very pleased with my current bag.
Why would you put an open beer in your bag? You open it, and drink it, then throw the can away. :confused:

Why would you put an open beer in your bag? You open it, and drink it, then throw the can away. :confused:

So you open a beer, shotgun it, then throw the can on the ground. Got it.

After seeing all the responses to this thread, it makes me glad I chose my Ping Pioneer. It has every feature mentioned, plus a couple others that weren’t except a Bluetooth speaker and charging port. The carts I’ve ridden all have USB ports so those aren’t features that I need.

SO MUCH this. i want my wire brush on one side, and the towel and range finder on the other side. but when they all share the same ring, the wire brush always snags and pulls the fabric on the towel. drives me nuts.
Iron Caddie

Using the Members Titleist Linksmaster right now.

Complaints: velcro patch for glove and water bottle sleeve is smaller than I would like.

A beer tap..

Some way to access the inside bottom of the bag to clean it. I would gladly give up 3 or so pockets for that feature.

My bag is missing a strap and a zipper and is in definite need of replacement for the next season. May try a 14 way top as i have never had one and think i may like it. Needs to have a valuables pocket, an insulated water bottle holder, some velcro for golve and a clip for some towels and club cleaner.

Back