What is your greatest golfing achievement?

c0ncept

SFT
Reaction score
Handicap
Life
What are you most proud of doing?

Me personally was hitting a HIO although I am really proud of helping a kid I met on the range in Arizona make his High School golf team after a few playing lessons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My HIO (2016) and winning my Club Championship (2015).

-4 round of 68 in June.

It beat my previous best by 5 strokes. I was able to follow it up with another round under par and two at even par.

I've since leveled off, still a better golfer for it, and if I am never again so fortunate... it was an awesome feeling and sense of accomplishment.

Breaking 80. My HIO was pure luck. I worked my ass off to break 80. I was so excited I just about could have cried.

HIO on a par 4, just lucky tho. Same year, won club championship. 2007

instilling even a modest enjoyment of this game into my oldest son. when he, of his own accord, asks me to go play, i drop EVERYTHING to make it happen. the thought of spending the next 50 years of my life taking that beautiful person out to do something i love so much and being around each other for that amount of time, well, i think someone just started cutting onions up in here...

a very distant second would be shooting even par last year from the tips at grand cypress new course. i definitely had some lucky putts go in, and even though i drove the ball like hot garbage my iron game was on point. crazy thing is it could have been in the 60s if i didn't double #9 and 3-jack a par 5 from like 18'.

Breaking 90 three times in 2 weeks this summer . Big milestone for me.

I was going to say my hole-in-one being the greatest but it will have to be placed in second.

I'm going with finishing 2nd in the only tournament I've ever entered. It wasn't just one stroke but many that fell into place along with safely getting the ball back into play from errant shots. I had a personal best score of 82 to that point, netted a 64 to take second place money, chipped in from 45 yards to birdie a hole and take the skin, best front nine of the field with a +1 and my best by 6 strokes, and played under my cap. Someday I'll enter another one and will be gunning for first.

Winning the net club championship last year

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Shooting in the 70s 3 rounds in a row about a month ago. I had previously shot a 79 over 20 years ago.

Not picking up a club for ten years, buying a set of 1930ish era clubs with fake wood shafts for $40, and shooting 91 with them.

On first thought it is probably winning my match play Club Championship. I never led the match, I was down as many as three holes. I came back to tie the match on the 17th hole. Then I won the 18th hole winning that match and winning the championship!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Breaking 80 1 time when I was 19 and played all the time. Shot a 78, that was especially sweet because I was playing a friend for $50 for low round and he gave me 7 strokes and I beat him strait up by 2!!

It was figuring out I don't need to kill a ball to get it to go a long way. Once I figured that out, the rest is coming along rather nicely. Always need to practice though.

Winning my club championship and the match play champ last year

Probably the HIO I hit earlier this year.

I think the Morgan Cup a few years back for me. I was really proud of how my game came together that weekend, and how the rest of my team played.

Qualified a full team for state in year teo of coaching golf.

Fixing to be passed by having my first HS golfer sign with a college.

These are both pretty awesome.

Dropping a 64 on a PGA professional ( Robert Gamez)

Winning matches at the Morgan Cup & The Gauntlet. Of course none were singles matches, so maybe it's my partner's accomplishment.

I really would love to coach a HS team. I looked into it in Arizona but then we moved. The college thing is awesome!

I'm most proud of raising just under $30,000 for head and neck cancer research during my individual golf-a-thons over the past 5 years.

Breaking par. I have been playing for 13 years and the thought of breaking 80 seemed like a pipe dream. I have since done that a lot, but breaking par was very special. However, the golf gods keep me honest by throwing in a 90 every now and then.

I played a round once and only lost one ball.

It was epic.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back