What is Your Next Golf Goal?

First, I need to stop 3 putting.
Second, get my mental game in check. I'm hard on myself when I have a bad hole and my driver is off.
Third, physically fit to improve my game.

Get a GHIN - Need them for club matches and appeasing others!

Proceed with other goal to be Sub 10

I would like to make some noise in the club championship, top flight. Needs to be an underdog/upset as there are some good players way ahead of me.
Mission accomplished 😀. I am in the semifinals after some good play the last few days. Tough task ahead as the other remaining semi finalists are all + handicaps, and I am well on the other side of 0. While next weekend will be a very tall task, I am already chalking up the tournament as a victory for me.

Single digits for me. Was on a heater than life meant a stretch with no 18 hole rounds… that will change soon.

The same as it always has.......tempo and my NYC impatience on my swing. I really have nothing to work on mechanically.

Shoot my age. It is not likely to happen real soon but barring health issues it will happen in the next couple years.

My next goal is to get to a 10 handicap. The path to that requires stringing together some rounds without losing a golf ball

I guess get a GHIN. I said I would this weekend. I didn't do nuffin for golfin.🤷‍♂️😢
Lessons. I want lessons. I just can't get out of my own way to make that happen.

I want to become internet long. 💪

break 100

Fitting for irons and putter. Based off my Arccos data that's where I'm losing the most compared to my handicap-- and of course it's the arrow and not the indian right?

The great thing about golf is that people who continually improve, generally want to upgrade their goals accordingly.

I'm no exception, and my buddy and I who usually play at least once a week since we took up golf again after a long hiatus have gone from wanting to break 90 in 2015 to now wanting to consistently break 80 in 2022.

I'm knocking on that door, as I have shot one 80, and two 81's this year. My buddy has already broke 80 several times this year.

The journey is a fun one for me, as the club fitting, lessons, and practice have all helped to narrow it down.

The main goal now is just to continue to improve and learn while striving to get the cap to single digits.

Focus on having fun and not worrying much about the score because the rounds and practice will likely be inconsistent for awhile.

Next year, hopefully will be able to enter more THP travel contests. And hopefully get to one or two unofficial get togethers. :love:

2022 Goals:
  • Break 80 - done; 6 rounds in the 70s this year with a low of 74
  • Single digit handicap - done; went from 16 on June 30 to a low of 8.8 on August 2
  • Beat last year's score in the club championship - failed... got Covid two days before the tourney

2023 Goals:
  • Keep handicap in single digits all season. I'm back up to 11.2 right now.
  • Shoot at least 1 18 hole round at even par or better. Had two 9 holers at even par this year, never a full 18
  • Beat 2021 score in club championship; hopefully can avoid getting sick next time

How Am I Working to Get There:
  • Off season: plan to focus in hard on physical fitness via the Fit for Golf app
  • Off season: plan to focus in on ball striking... controlling the low point of the swing, hitting the sweet spot and controlling path/face angle
  • During 2023 season: execute...

I’ve got a lot of 2023 goals, that can be shared later, but my next golf goal right now, is just to play. Ideally test some driver/shaft and ball combos out, but at this point just getting out on the course is enough for this season.

My goal for this season has been to put a ton of work in so I can hopefully play my best and help win the Morgan Cup for Team Paradise.
Next year I'd like to qualify for the New York State Mid-Am

My goal for this season has been to put a ton of work in so I can hopefully play my best and help win the Morgan Cup for Team Paradise.

Same.

🏝 #TeamParadise 🏝

I’ve got a lot of 2023 goals, that can be shared later, but my next golf goal right now, is just to play. Ideally test some driver/shaft and ball combos out, but at this point just getting out on the course is enough for this season.
#AnimeGods

Mine was to keep the guy's weekend golf trophy this year. I was successful despite two of my four rounds being really, really bad. We all had a rough day in gale force winds Sunday, and I was just barely not bad enough to lose my lead.

Now it's simply to improve as much as my lessons allow until December, and have fun. Secondary goal is to get in another real round before the weather changes. I've got some parenting duties (scout camp weekends etc) that make this time of the year busy.

My goal is to continue dialing my driver swing in. Have made a lot of progress this year and have really cut down the number of penalties per round and keeping the ball in play better because of it.

Handicap us dropping and quite consistently posting mid 80's rounds now.

Longer term goal is to get handicap down to a 10.

At my age and transient pain sending my scores on a roller-coaster ride, my goal is simply my next round
Whatever it may bring.

My goal is getting farther from reach. My handicap went up to a 20 this year and I started at an 18. I’m coming off a 2 year layoff so some of that should have been expected, but it’s time to turn this ship around. New goals for the end of season push.

Get my shafts in order. I’m leaning towards returning to lightweight graphite shafts. Test it quickly and make a decision. Be confident in my equipment choices.

Shorten my backswing. I swing slower with a longer swing and load up the shaft so much better when I can keep it from going past parallel and across the line. This is likely the next biggest bang for my buck improvement.

Commit on every shot. I can factor in what I need to factor in quickly. I don’t need to make a decision and grab a club to wait 5 minutes with my club in hand. Time it better so there is minimal waiting to help commit to shots.

Back