Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters

baylrballa

2024 WWGC Food and Drink Champion
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
>10
No restrictions. You can do as much as you want to work on your game. What's the best you could do?

Last edited:
I’m going with 5-10. Goal to get it single digit. I think that’s an attainable goal. In order to go lower would require lessons and tweaking my 58 year old swing. That ain’t happening

I say 10+ but if I were 10-15 years younger I think I could be a 3-5.

Not sure really, some lessons, and some hard work I could maybe get to scratch at the distances I play. I would guess though that I would stay in the 1-2 range.

I was an 11-12 for more than 10 years in the 90s and 00s. I never was able to get into single digits but I maintained that handicap without practice. I primarily played 3-4 times a week. If I wanted to work on my game, I’m certain that I could approach low double digits again.

If last year had not screwed me in my plan for lessons I believe I could have been down lower than my 8.8 now. Hoping to hit the 3-5 range this year with a couple of lessons. :confused2:

I’ve taken myself recently from a 20 to a 13 and think I will go into single digits in the next couple of years

I was as low as a 2 just 10 or so years ago. Back in college I was scratch. Of course, all of this is only possible by playing & practicing ALL the time. In college, that's all I did. Practice, practice, practice & then practice some more. Leave for matches on Thursday's usually if they were out of town for the weekend. I would practice every day up until I left each week.
Then life & working being an adult with kids took all my time away. Game suffers big time if you don't keep up with it. ;)

edit: It will never get that low again. :ROFLMAO:

I'm pretty sure I can get down to scratch given enough free time, teachings, and opportunity. I've already had moments that I played close to zero. The goal would be to make those moments happen more often than not. 😁

I’m competitive and always set goals for myself. That said, last year I made some of the biggest improvements yet and really set my sights higher.

I have not had an official handicap before but I will next season. I’ve used good apps for the past two years; SwingU two years ago, and Arccos last year so I have a decent idea of where I stand.

I know I can get down to low single digits. My goal this year is 6 or 7.

I think with my current work conditions and family duties it is 12-15 with the current commitment to golf in the next 2 years or so

I think if I was able to concentrate on golf as if it were my job it would be in the singles. 5-7.

👀

Lower than I would want to keep track of.

I think I could possibly get to a +1 if I could play more often.

Having picked up golf in my 30s I would say 5-10. My ultimate goal is to get below 10. If I could play and practice full time with a coach I think I could get to 5 but it would be a huge challenge.

I went with the 5-10 option, as single digit is my goal. That’s a 3-5 year goal, but I think it’s achievable. How much I’m willing to spend in time and money remains to be seen. I don’t currently have a handicap, as I focused last year on lessons and range time and only played a few rounds. Those rounds included some liberal scoring, as the main focus was to have fun.

Goal for this year is to play a lot more rounds and pay attention to lowering my ‘True’ scores. Im hoping to get a legitimate handicap in the18-20 range (bogey golf) and improve from there. Single digit handicap being the ultimate goal.

Time will tell. 🙄

i think 3-5 would be where i'd top out...i'd be okay with 5-10, tho

I remember working on my game to get down to a 6.2. It wasn't as much fun as trying to smash driver on every hole and going for every par 5 in 2.

Playing to a number is cool, but eagles are cooler.

Last edited:
I went from a 40 handicap to a 27 to a 21 in my first 10 months. My short game is solid, I think I can get to 15-18 this year with better ball striking and straighter driving. I have moments where it all comes together but haven't put it together for 18 holes yet. I might be optimistic but I'll say 5-10 in the next 2 or 3 years.

I am a 3 index right now and played between scratch and 2 for a long time about 10 years ago. I think with more time to practice I could get to low +.

"A man's gotta know his limitations"
- Harry Callahan

With the world's best instruction, perfectly fitted equipment and all the time in the world... not a snowball's chance in hell of getting below 15.

Still... unlimited golf? I'd be ok with that.

Sadly I think when I got to a 5 a couple years ago that's probably my best. 4 could be a possibility but if I'm being totally honest I just don't know that I have the physical ability or dedication to get better than that.

Back