What Kind Of Music Do You Listen Too?

I'll listen to anything except rap and alternative because rap is nothing but noise and alternative is just that... the alternative if you don't want to listen to music.

Country tops it all though.
70's - 80's rock is close

I listen to a little bit of everything, older country is my main playlist, George Strait, Hank Jr, Waylon etc. Depends on the day it could be Metallica, AC/DC, Bob Marley, Wu Tang Clan, Bluegrass, I just love different types of music.

I like Sinatra and Tony Bennett.
I like jump blues.
I like NOLA trad.
I like r&b but the soul kind, not the funk kind. 60s Stax Volt style.
I like 50s/early 60s doo wop. (Under the Streetlamp are great!)
I like early rock--Little Richard, Fats Domino, Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis--that era stuff.
I like some bebop--Bird, Diz, and Monk, for example.
I like certain popular classic pieces like the 1812 Overture and such. The common ones that everybody likes.
I don't generally like country, but some of the best--Willie Nelson, for example--made stuff that everybody likes.
I even like musical theater, but only in person--I wouldn't listen to recordings.

But metal, hip hop, and generally anything made made for people who aren't walking with canes if they're still around at all--not really my thing.

I listen to a pretty big variety, but my staple is heavy metal from the 90s onward.

for the last 6 months or so, my radio station has stayed on the classic rock station...

If you listened to my Apple music on shuffle you would think I was crazy. I listen to almost everything.

I listen to almost everything except new rap and opera.
I play blues, rock and country so of course those are my core listening categories.

Depends on my mood. I can listen to most stuff except for EDM type of music.

Usually my choice is R&B or Hip Hop as that is what I grew up on.

I listen to just about everything.

Tend to lean more towards old school rap/hip hop as I grew up on it. Do not like current rap at all. Classic rock and alternative rock. Do like some techno but more of the instrumental and Chill variety that goes back to my old school rap and DJ'ing eras.

Have been known to listen to anything-- like a good classical symphony or can get down to some Pantera, just depends on my mood.

Hard rock and metal are the go to's. Love 70's arena rock (Kansas, Boston, Styx etc.) and 80's rock and pop. I'm usually living on Sirius/XM. Octane, Hair Nation, 80's on 8, Ozzy's Boneyard. Lately I've been doing a little of the 70-80's easy rock on Yacht Rock Radio. No country, rap, old jazz. If I can't ? a lot of the time, not interested. :unsure:

Last edited:
For me its mostly metal. Traditional, Speed, thrash, power, progressive are the favorites. Death metal (from late 80's to mid 90's) I also enjoy.
"hair metal" bands especially the lesser known ones I never knew existed thanks to internet radio.
Very little punk but stuff like the Sex Pistols, Ramones, Misfits, Rancid I'm good with.
Classic rock to a point. Its something I'll listen to but its not in my collection.

the core of my listening tastes are firmly rooted in the fact that I am a full fledged 90's kid lol! (everything from grunge to Nsync to Tim Mcgraw)

that being said, I have quite the wide range in tastes, having been a vocal performer with several choirs in high school and as an adult.

I can listen to almost anything except for: mumble/gangsta rap, cacophonous jazz, really dumb pop

Rock and Roll

Has to have a bit of an edge for me I like the electric guitar and a decent pace. Black Keys, Foo Fighters, ACDC, Arctic Monkeys, Jack White, etc. They all fit the bill for me.

It is interesting that I just had a conversation about this. I pretty much do not listen to music anymore. It is all audio books and podcasts these days.

Everything from rap 2pac,Nas to Jazz to EDM some pop and rock

Mozart to Eminem! I keep a full Ipod with multiple playlists. Rock, Rap, C&W, Folk, Jazz, Blues, Opera, Classical, Love finding new stuff to listen to!

Currently deep into The Dead, late to the party, but glad I made it. Miles Davis, classic rock. Most anything except the top 40 drivel that the kids seem to like.

I’ve been listening to Liam Gallagher’s solo albums. They are both really good. I have always been a huge Oasis fan and his new stuff sounds like an evolution of that sound. I know he was out of control for a long time but it seems like he has his shxt together now.

... Before starting my acting career, I was a DJ for 10 years making my way from a small town in NC all the way to Chicago. At that time "classic rock" was called Top 40 and I was lucky enough to be a part of the musical revolution when bands were experimenting with all kinds of musical instruments as well as the greats locking themselves in their rooms and perfecting their craft. Lots of on air and backstage at concerts interviews but my favorite was interviewing Joe Walsh when he joined the Eagles for Hotel California. I told him I loved artists like himself (my favorite) because I could recognize a Walsh/Cooder/Knoffler if they appeared with any other group and he told me then to enjoy the guitar greats because music was going digital and learning to bend/pull/move the neck and strings, something that took him 20 years to perfect would be a thing of the past. Sadly he was right. Rock mixed with string sections has always been the pinnacle of music for me including the Beatles, Eagles, Heart, Elton John and many more.

... The low music points for me were working at a Top 40 station in Philly that went disco and another Top 40 station in Chicago that went Country. I am not sure which was worse and I could not get out of either station fast enough.

... So obviously Classic Rock is the centerpiece of my listening but I also enjoy an eclectic mix from Joe Bonamassa to TOOL (both are just insanely good live). I think the more music you like the better but I just can't listen to Country and Rap. I am envious of those that love all kinds of music.

My wife laughs at the music I listen to (being in my early 40's) - she says I have a playlist of a 16 year old high school chick..lol,

The last albums I have purchased on itunes are all over the place:
Post Malone - Hollywood's Bleeding
Post Malone - Beerbongs and Bentleys
Turin Brakes - We Were Here
Blackmill - Reach for Glory
Blackmill - Miracle

Other favorites:
David Gray
Lana del Ray
Lorde
Dave Matthews Band
Drake
The Killers

I have a fairly wide taste in music. Favorite genres are:

Baroque-era string and keyboard music (Bach, Vivaldi, Soler, etc.)
Classical-era string music (Beethoven, Mozart, etc.)
progressive rock / metal (Yes, Rush, Kansas, Queensryche, Dream Theater, Spock's Beard, etc.)
classic rock (Hendrix, Zeppelin, Boston, Van Halen, Sammy Hagar, etc.)
contemporary jazz (mostly the electric stuff ... guitar, bass, or Hammond organ oriented)
atmospheric music (electronic and acoustic)

I'm also a big fan of some older pop artists like Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Elvis, and of course The Beatles.

The stuff I absolutely cannot listen to is:
any rap, any country, or any opera.

Mostly 70s and 80s classic rock with some traditional county. I don't much care for that new country stuff and couldn't name one current pop song.

Back