What Kind Of Music Do You Listen Too?

Right now I've been into top 40 pop, country, and 90s rock.

I am typically not too picky. I can go from classic rock, to pop, to rap, to SOME country, to even classical if I am at work. though I don't care for most country.

I'm in a local music phase. Rock/punk type as a friend is in a band. The shocking part is going to a punk show and being the young kid in the audience at 45.

My interests vary. I can go from Country, to some good old Rock n’ Roll, to Hip Hop over a course of a listening period.

Pretty much anything and everything other then rap/hip hop.

I'll listen to anything. Spent my HS years listening mostly to rap, now it's county mostly, but I'll roll with anything.

Mostly old rock and country with reggae mixed in!

... Before starting my acting career, I was a DJ for 10 years making my way from a small town in NC all the way to Chicago. At that time "classic rock" was called Top 40 and I was lucky enough to be a part of the musical revolution when bands were experimenting with all kinds of musical instruments as well as the greats locking themselves in their rooms and perfecting their craft. Lots of on air and backstage at concerts interviews but my favorite was interviewing Joe Walsh when he joined the Eagles for Hotel California. I told him I loved artists like himself (my favorite) because I could recognize a Walsh/Cooder/Knoffler if they appeared with any other group and he told me then to enjoy the guitar greats because music was going digital and learning to bend/pull/move the neck and strings, something that took him 20 years to perfect would be a thing of the past. Sadly he was right. Rock mixed with string sections has always been the pinnacle of music for me including the Beatles, Eagles, Heart, Elton John and many more.

... The low music points for me were working at a Top 40 station in Philly that went disco and another Top 40 station in Chicago that went Country. I am not sure which was worse and I could not get out of either station fast enough.

... So obviously Classic Rock is the centerpiece of my listening but I also enjoy an eclectic mix from Joe Bonamassa to TOOL (both are just insanely good live). I think the more music you like the better but I just can't listen to Country and Rap. I am envious of those that love all kinds of music.
What town in N.C.?

Mostly country with some rock mixed in. One of the last times out on the course during an outing we turned on an Old School Hip Hop streaming channel and had a blast. Felt like everyone was into the music. So I guess I am pretty flexible when it comes to music.

I've been playing blues guitar since listening to WLAC when in college. Clapton, SRV, early Zeppelin, BB King, John Lee Hooker, Howlin' Wolf and Muddy Waters.

Rock, Blues and a little Country....just like the music my band plays.

I bounce around to all genres of music but I'll always prefer 90s hip hop and EDM

I can listen to pretty much anything but mostly classic rock, 80s rock, and some 90s-current rock and alternative.

Classic Rock, 90's Alt, and 90's-2000's rap

Being older than most on here, my music tastes revolves around the sounds of the 60's-70's, some older and some country in with the mix. My computer is loaded with 9000+ songs, so with a good sound card, pro-style earphones, I'm ready to stay out of my wife's hair for a while.

Classic Rock
80's Hair Metal
Grunge
I guess Rock
Metal
Retro Synthwave
Psytrance
Classical

Not necessarily in that order

I have a fairly wide taste in music. Favorite genres are:

Baroque-era string and keyboard music (Bach, Vivaldi, Soler, etc.)
Classical-era string music (Beethoven, Mozart, etc.)
progressive rock / metal (Yes, Rush, Kansas, Queensryche, Dream Theater, Spock's Beard, etc.)
classic rock (Hendrix, Zeppelin, Boston, Van Halen, Sammy Hagar, etc.)
contemporary jazz (mostly the electric stuff ... guitar, bass, or Hammond organ oriented)
atmospheric music (electronic and acoustic)

I'm also a big fan of some older pop artists like Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Elvis, and of course The Beatles.

The stuff I absolutely cannot listen to is:
any rap, any country, or any opera.

I knew I liked you. Especially the despise of Country, Rap and Opera. :p Most of what you've got there is spot on. I haven't done a lot of contemporary Jazz though. Most of mine is the DiMeola, Gambale guitar type stuff. The rest is listenable for sure. I grew up with small taste for classical appreciation. Good stuff in there. ?

I am all over the place musically. But I mainly listen to blues, dance/disco, new wave, ska, classic rock and a bit of jazz.

I listen to almost everything except Pop, the stuff the kids listen to I can't stand it. Give me some Rock, Country and I love me some Hip Hop BBQ thanks to my boy @Puttin4Bird may he RIP

Recall when Taylormade had a ad which had some crazy music in background....Afro Celt, that's my go to on trips where I need some blood flow increase...Ha Was big Springsteen fan but he brought his politics in and...…….

Anything but pop country. I would rather pass a football sized kidney stone than listen to any country that has come out in the last 20 years.

I made the mistake of agreeing to join a regional country band around 2005-2006 without really asking about their setlist. As a rocker I thought, "This could be cool, I'll play some Hag, Waylon, Buck Owens, Cash"...I was handed the set list it was Chesney, Bentley, Urban, Shelton, Big & Rich...I lasted about 6 months before I intentionally got myself fired in a fairly epic manner. I will say the money was great, the uhh fans were breathtaking, but like you, I'd rather have my fingernails removed with a rusty spoon than listen to that stuff.

Almost anything except country made post-Dwight Yoakam.

I'll listen to anything from Wayne Shorter, Mahivishnu Orchestra, Frank Zappa to Van Halen, Ratt, Ozzy, GnR to Funkadelic, James Brown, Donny Hathaway to Matisyahu, Deftones, Jack Johnson, etc...As long as it is awesome and moves my emotions. I'm a guitarist, so I get drawn to guitar oriented music, but I don't limit myself to that. I grew up with Al Green, Marvin Gaye, etc blasting out of my mom's stereo, Tom T. Hall, George Jones, Hag, etc from adopted father and classic rock from my brothers (wasn't classic at the time).

What town in N.C.?

... I started in Greenville at the college station WECU. Then WOOW, the Greenville radio station. WZOO in Ashboro, WCOG in Greensboro before moving out of state to WRFC in Athens Ga.

50s, 60s, 70s, 80s are my favorite. Classic Rock. Eagles were my first favorite band and they still are to this day.

Was never into pop but gotta admit that I like stuff from the 80s now, reminds me of that era I guess.

Was never into country and I don't view modern country as country but I do like some of what I'm hearing. Definitely not Sam Hunt, what in the heck is that?

I don't even know much about the artists to offer any names that I like other than maybe Chris Young, Chris Stapleton and some Darius Rucker.

I'm far from a music aficionado, actually was never really as into it as others. But I can listen to most anything including the above and some rap, reggae, classical. Don't know who anyone is, but I'll like some of it.

For me, it all started on Feb 9, 1964 when I saw the Beatles on Ed Sullivan. They led me to Little Richard, Chuck Berry and Buddy Holly. I grew up during the era of classic rock and guitarists like Eric Clapton, Duane Allman, and Jimmy Page who led me to the Blues. Progressive rock bands like ELP and Yes led me to jazz fusion. Disco, punk, heavy metal, country and rap never found a place in my music collection.

Back