What Kind Of Music Do You Listen Too?

fairwaynut

Bettinardi Aficionado
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt
My interests very, I like older rock bands from mostly the 60s, 70s, and 80s. Some favorites are Emerson, Lake, and Palmer, Pat Benatar, , Yes, and Three Dog Night just to name a few. I'm into New Age Music from guys like Yanni, Medwyn Goodall, and some others. I don't like Country, not a big fan of Jazz either but I don't mind listening to it if someone has some on. So what kind of music do you THPers out there like?

Anything but pop country. I would rather pass a football sized kidney stone than listen to any country that has come out in the last 20 years.

My interests very, I like older rock bands from mostly the 60s, 70s, and 80s. Some favorites are Emerson, Lake, and Palmer, Pat Benatar, , Yes, and Three Dog Night just to name a few. I'm into New Age Music from guys like Yanni, Medwyn Goodall, and some others. I don't like Country, not a big fan of Jazz either but I don't mind listening to it if someone has some on. So what kind of music do you THPers out there like?

Bluegrass.

Anything but pop country. I would rather pass a football sized kidney stone than listen to any country that has come out in the last 20 years.

I'm with you on that, man. (y)

I'm with you on that, man. (y)
I use to listen to a lot of country in the 90s and then one day it was like I woke up and said “wow this is really bad”. It sounded like the top 40 pop channel with a twang.

I use to listen to a lot of country in the 90s and then one day it was like I woke up and said “wow this is really bad”. It sounded like the top 40 pop channel with a twang.

I may have a bad ear, in fact I know I do, but when I hear a country station it all seems like the same person is doing the singing no matter who it is. With one exception, I've always been a Johnny Cash fan. :)

Old country. Classic rock.

The playlists on my iPod are pretty eclectic. I can listen to just about anything, but my most favourite is classic rock. Least is rap.

More diverse as I age and now that I'm retired it's not unusual for me to just sit and listen to music a few days each week for a couple hours at a time. Thursday I was cranking Prince, Elvis Costello, Tom Petty, and U2 while my wife was at work.:)

Some would say I'm an audiophile but I'd classify myself as a pseudo-audiophile as you will never convince me that a $500 HDMI cable will sound different than a $10 one. I'm a big fan of rock of all types from Buddy Holly to Coldplay. I have a soft spot for the 70's and 80's rock that I grew up with. I do listen to some jazz and more classical the last couple of years since my wife joined the board of directors for the St. Paul Chamber Orchestra. We make it to about eight or ten of their live performances each year including Handel's Messiah this Thursday. We make it to a handful of rock concerts each year and just snagged tickets to the Eagles in June and Maroon 5 in August.

Last edited:
The playlists on my iPod are pretty eclectic. I can listen to just about anything, but my most favourite is classic rock. Least is rap.

Thanks, man!! I forgot to mention I don't like Rap either. :laughing:

Thanks, man!! I forgot to mention I don't like Rap either. :laughing:

I'm definitely not a rap fan but I can stomach some of it such as a few tracks from Eminem. My interest in country music is also very narrow.

Anything but pop-country, bro-country, country-rap, etc. I didn’t realize that it actually made me violent until a country-rap group played at a show I attended a couple weeks ago. The opening act and headliner were awesome. The middle group, I was ready to hurt someone

As a matter of fact I'm sitting here typing back and forth with you guys tonight and listening to Medwyn Goodall. This man plays 15 different instruments and his music covers a wide variety of themes. Having a blast tonight. :guitar: :)

Lots of 2000-2010 rock. Jimmy Eat World, Chevelle, that kind of stuff.
EDM for when I want a pick me up. Zedd, Illenium, Win and Woo, etc
Rap in moderation. Logic, Post Malone, I can mess with that.
Low-fi to chill out. No one specific here, it's pretty universal.

One of the genres I like, is Bop and Hard Bop Jazz from the late 50's to mid 60's. Grant Green, Kenny Dorham, Lee Morgan, Cannonball Adderley, early Herbie Hancock, Kenny Burrell, John Coltrane, Miles... to name a few.

A bit of everything.

At home with the kid, usually new country. Try and mix in metal, rap, rock, techno.

The best part of my day is when a really good song comes on, and he starts dancing away.

Although like most, I will listen to almost anything, I definitely prefer 70’s rock and late 80’s/early 90’s “hair” metal. Motley Crue, Poison, Warrant, Ray, etc

As an example here is what is coming up next on my Spotify playlist while I’m here at work:

Attachments

• B5A338B9-C4F7-407F-AEEE-AF68C9AA7086.png
    B5A338B9-C4F7-407F-AEEE-AF68C9AA7086.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 8
I like the "classic rock" stuff from the 70s 80s and 90s. I also like some of the older country music from the same time period.

I have songs stored in my phone that I will listen to when walking a golf round.

Actual, individual favorites are too numerous to list. If they had a top 40 hit, they are probably. on our favorites list.

My Wife and I still go to concerts of some of our favorite entertainers. It's as much fun looking at the different age groups in attendance, as the music being played.

Pretty much Rock, Blues Rock, and Blues. From the 60's to present, although for me the best rock music came out in the 70's. Lots of great music in every decade though, some really good blues guitarists in the 90's and early 2000's, and good rock bands out there today, just not many that have the staying power of the bands from the "Classic Rock" era (probably more due to the changes in the music business than anything else though). I'm old enough to absolutely confirm that Disco did SUCK! Can't listen to much of anything country unless you go way back, and even that is minimal. Zero tolerance for Rap, and even a small dose of Techno might make me puke.

I listen to almost anything but while painting for hours today it was 70's Roadtrip on Spotify.

I am a big heavy metal fan, and have been for decades. I like Disturbed, 5 finger death punch, and a new group, dirty honey (a cross between Axle Rose and Stephen Tyler). But can listen to classic rock with the best of them, just tired of hearing the same thing day after day.

Mainly 90’s and 2000’s Alternative. Lithium is my go to in the Sirius lineup. I like listening to a lot of singer/Songwriter folk as well.

Country, oldies and big band music. Its kind of funny that I was born in 1980 but love music that is from the '40s. I remember when I was a kid, our neibor was an old school teacher who used to drive us to school from time to time and he would listen to a lot of big band music and always tell us, "this is the world's greatest music". I guess I took that to heart a little too much.

Back