What legendary putter would you want to own?

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Say you can pick ANY putter in golf's history, the actual putter from any of the moments. What do you pick, and why? (and put a pic up if you can!)

• Staff
Most will say the Tiger SC, I'll say Calamity Jane instead.

The beautiful 8802 Little Ben.

I'll take Rory's 009 from his win at Kiawah.

I'll say Justin Thomas' blacked out circle T X5 slant neck. It's the one I'd be the most likely to actually play haha

9799ac1fab631fcdf9ed06cba7bacb83.png

7f667b0311f60540a99ec523478b7b16.png

Keegan Bradley's Sabertooth belly putter. Just because I want to make heads explode.

Found some pics:
1569852794975.png

1569852810083.png

I'll take one of Palmer's 8802's.

th.jpg

The Billy Baroo!

Not really a specific putter per say but a brand: I've always wanted to own a Betti.

Payne Stewart's SeeMore, maybe?

Ben Crenshaw's 8802 because he was always my favorite player.

golfworld-2009-04-gwar01_0403fieldsputter.jpg

I'll be different and say Jack's putter from his 6th Master's win. That is, until Tiger wins his 6th, then I'll change it.

I'd like to own Old Tom Morris' flat stick........ would be a hell of a conversation piece.

I'll be different and say Jack's putter from his 6th Master's win. That is, until Tiger wins his 6th, then I'll change it.

Jack's in 86 was a MacGregor Response ZT 615. A lightweight putter with a very large head. I think I have one in my basement.

that's where I was going too....

But how could I not say Tiger's scotty? That thing has won so freaking much. Plus if he gave it to me, he would be forced to change putters and maybe go back to making putts haha
Gotta go with Tiger's stick as well. I know it's the obvious choice. Difference in my choice is I'm probably the only one who would take it out on the course immediately.

I know it's the obvious choice. Difference in my choice is I'm probably the only one who would take

I mean have you seen that putter? It's beat to sh!t. So yeah I'd game it

Oh Fo Sho!!
A000017b.jpg

It has to be Tiger's Scotty for me. I'd go rock the heck out of that thing on the course, I couldn't do much more damage to it than it already has plus I'd probably putt about as good with it as he is right now.

Back