What model Scotty TeI3 is this?

caleb.ma.allen

Reaction score
Handicap
Can anyone verify what model this is? I was given this putter as a gift and am interested in sending it off to be restored. It's in pretty banged up shape, but I want to make sure I'm not making a big mistake before I do that. I'm not worried about the restoration cost, I understand it's around $300 - I just want to make sure this isn't a huge collector item that I should keep original.
JPPQPm1

https://imgur.com/a/JPPQPm1

This is a Scotty Cameron TEi3 probably from the year 2000.

This is the Santa Fe model...it is pretty beat up. If you go to Scotty's site, you will find a putter archive.

https://www.scottycameron.com/archives/putters/2000/teryllium-two/santa-fe/

The TEi3 is stamped on the putter face...the more sought after version is the one that is stamped on the sole, which predates this model. I personally really like the flow neck on the Santa Fe.

I guess the decision comes down to whether or not you want to game it.

If you want to game it, I would recommend talking to Peter (@PMM21) about restoring it and applying a finish that is no maintenance. He is very reasonably priced and does great work.

If you want to make a few bucks...sell as is.

In its current state, my guess would be between $90 and $110...

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I'm a sucker for gifts, so I'll hold on to it. I contacted SC custom shop to see if they'd be able to help and they said it would look good as new when they finished. I have already paid for their services or I would have contacted Peter to help.

I rolled it around the carpet last night and it felt soft and confidence inspiring. I've never gamed a blade, but this might give me an excuse to give it a shot - we will see. If nothing else, I'll hang it on my wall as a keepsake. Thank you again for responding :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I'm a sucker for gifts, so I'll hold on to it. I contacted SC custom shop to see if they'd be able to help and they said it would look good as new when they finished. I have already paid for their services or I would have contacted Peter to help.

I rolled it around the carpet last night and it felt soft and confidence inspiring. I've never gamed a blade, but this might give me an excuse to give it a shot - we will see. If nothing else, I'll hang it on my wall as a keepsake. Thank you again for responding :)

You can't go wrong going through Scotty's Shop. They will make it look like new and will increase the value dramatically...probably pretty close to what you put into it.

I have two of the sole stamp versions. One I had redone by BOS who are the people who put the original finish on it for Scotty...and one I had Peter do...maintenance free finish allowing me to game it without worry of upkeep and rust. With that said the insert definitely gives it a soft feel...I like using it on fast greens.

Post some pics after you get it back...everyone likes putter pics!

You can't go wrong going through Scotty's Shop. They will make it look like new and will increase the value dramatically...probably pretty close to what you put into it.

I have two of the sole stamp versions. One I had redone by BOS who are the people who put the original finish on it for Scotty...and one I had Peter do...maintenance free finish allowing me to game it without worry of upkeep and rust. With that said the insert definitely gives it a soft feel...I like using it on fast greens.

Post some pics after you get it back...everyone likes putter pics!

Absolutely, I will post them up. I just got it in the mail this morning and the fella who I spoke to on the phone there at the Custom Shop advised me it would take every bit of two months to complete due to the black oxide finish.

I doubt I will be able to sell it even if so inclined because I am also stamping my wife's pet name for me on the back toe portion... so unless someone also enjoys being called "Bobcat," I doubt it will have much resale value. I'm incredibly excited. I've got a couple of old ping putters in the garage that I've been meaning to restore and just haven't gotten around to. This is a bit more of a dramatic introduction to restoration than I intended, but I'm sure I'll be thrilled. I'll def post pictures in a few months when she comes back home to me!

It sounds like you are fairly familiar with this. I love the look of Scotty's and would love to hear your ideas on what models are fairly affordable to pick up and restore? Do you have any recommendations?

Back