What Motivates You To Workout? What Are Your 2020/2021 Offseason Fitness Goals?

I have the same thing, I was inspired because I felt fit and healthy. You can train at home, buy a training course, or start running if you're not afraid of winter. But remember that while working out at home, you can hurt yourself by doing the exercises incorrectly. I can cite the case of a friend who, due to back problems, bought herself an exercise bike and was doing the wrong thing. As a result, she has a second disability group and titanium inserts between the vertebrae. You can try another option - I hired an online trainer. It makes up my workout routine, and I take vitamins for my post-workout recovery. This approach helps me, I feel better. It seems to me that I will return to the field and the 8 km walk will not seem as difficult as the first time

Last edited:
The bad news is that this happened right as our governor (MN) is set to announce a closure to all gyms and wellness centers today. :mad: So, I am about to lose my one outlet that keeps me active during the winter. I would be lying if I said that this doesn't have me really really down at the moment.
Until the shutdowns i was a regular at a 24/7 gym near my house. I incorporated the superspeed workout and a specific core workout aimed at golf a couple years ago into my workouts.. When the lockdowns started gyms here closed. Golf courses stayed open and i till today ( good weather) continue to play golf and i just didnt do enough at home thinking my gym would be open shortly and when it did i would put the work in. . My gym didnt survive when they reopened here i was about to rejoin my gym which opened under new ownership but Cuomo just shut the gyms down here again. What motivates me and what i learned when i didnt do all my regular workouts is i wasnt as flexible, and didnt feel as good physically as well as losing some gains i had made on the course because i wasnt doing enough at home. I will now do more at home on a regular basis all winter until the gyms reopen because i saw the difference in not working out regularly and i wont let that happen again. Hopefully gyms open soon but until they do i will do as much as i can. I know for me at least it makes a big difference. Even better yet i got my wife a Theragun Prime for her Birthday , tried it and i think that will really come in handy.

Years ago when I switched jobs I joined the gym that was a block from the office. Since I have no idea what I'm doing, I've been working with a trainer twice a week for probably 10 years now. Initially the focus was on strengthening the critical areas of my body to help relieve my back pain. From time to time, I've actually followed my trainer's advice and changed my eating habits and saw and felt great results.
Growing up I watched my Dad develop a bit of a boiler and I always told myself that I wouldn't let it happen to me. Well, fast forward 30 years and I am absolutely ashamed when I see a photo of myself. Problem is, I am my own worst enemy. While I live with constant aches, pains, lack of mobility and of course the negative appearance I cannot seem to motivate myself to change. I know that it only takes a dip of the toe in the water to start the process, and it's not going to be an overnight process; it's taken my years of poor eating habits to get to where I am today so it will take time to undo the damage. I just cannot bring myself to change my habits.

The last week of participating in THP has given me an idea, and honestly it's a bit of a frightening thought, but if I'm going to chance it needs to be done. Why not use the power of the community that is THP to hold me accountable? So, I'm wondering what is the best way to start? They say that you're not setting a goal unless you choose a specific target; to say "I want to lose weight" isn't a goal. Saying "I want to lose 15 lbs. and get to a 32" waist pant is a goal"

If you'll indulge me, I'll collect some data, determine some goals and look to you for critique, suggestions and motivation to make this happen.

Back