What new $150 or less putters could give Scotty’s a run for the money?

TLuke

Reaction score
Handicap
None
I was at a local GG the other day looking at putters. All the pricey Scotty Cameron’s were under lock and key. Never had the chance to roll a Scotty, but was wondering if there are other putters that are wallet friendly that could compete with a Scotty. Just asking.

Cleveland Huntington Beach. Full stop.

What about the putter that they were all copied from, the Ping Anser?

There are a ton of quality putters on the market. The putter needs to look good to your eyes, feel good in your hands and feel good during the stroke. It also has to fit you. Is the length right? Generally, it is a matter of going and trying out various putters in your price range. The availability of putters in your preferred length can get difficult if you prefer 33 inches vs 34 or 35 inches. Ping, Cleveland and Odyssey have quality putters at lower price points. Probably others too. Through the years, I have had Ping, Odyssey and Taylormade putters in the bag. I only found one Scotty Cameron that I liked but it was owned by my teaching pro's wife and she wasn't giving it up. lol

I bought a "used" putter from a fellow THP'er for about half the cost of a new one. Playing a Taylormade mySpiderX mallet putter at 33 inches.

For not much more than that I bought a lightly used Scotty Studio Select NP2...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I get a kick out of checking out the supposed "value" of my clubs these days.
I have a $9 putter and its WONDERFUL. :ROFLMAO:

Kirkland golf

Almost any putter on the market can compete with a Scotty performance-wise, as long as it fits your stroke. You're not paying for performance with a Scotty, you're paying for the stamping/bedazzling and the name. A Ping Anser (or any other knockoff of it) is a Scotty without all the bling.

I can putt with a number of putters, but I just cannot put my Scotty down and play with anything else. There is some sort of psychotic attachment there :cool:

Any putter that fits you better than a Scotty will not only give them a run for their money, but beat them. The good news is all the lower cost putters are not under lock and key so you can try them out. Find the one for yourself.

I've never rolled a Scotty so I don't know what I'm missing... and I'm fine with that because I don't like blade putters much and that's all that he seems to make. But seeing that bettinardi blues brothers putter makes me think otherwise.(y)

You talking original HB or HB Soft? Or either?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the soft, but I don't think you could go wrong with either model.

I was at a local GG the other day looking at putters. All the pricey Scotty Cameron’s were under lock and key. Never had the chance to roll a Scotty, but was wondering if there are other putters that are wallet friendly that could compete with a Scotty. Just asking.
Cleveland Huntington Beach. Full stop.
There is nothing a Scotty Cameron does better than the Cleveland Huntington Beach putters, except market and pay tour players.

Just about all of the Cleveland line of putters are good and have a variety of head shapes. Just find what fits your stroke.

Just about all of the Cleveland line of putters are good and have a variety of head shapes. Just find what fits your stroke.
Same for Odyssey/Toulon as well.

This is my thought as well. It's tough to beat them for value in the putter department.

Personally I'd wait for a Callaway pre-owned sale or search eBay and pick up a Toulon. I think you can get them for around that price and I truly believe they give Scotty a run for their money in every area.

Anything really.

I think the key is that it is a good fit and you are confident that it is great for you. Those two elements will make nearly any putter work well.

Case in point, I bought a Ping Redwood Anser used for $30 from Golf Galaxy about 4 years ago and proceeded to putt incredibly with it. I won a pretty big AM event because of it. Sometimes the belief part is just so huge in putting.

Conversely, you could of course have an ill fit $500 putter that you have little comfort with. Would one assume you will putt well with it.....

My TopFlite putter from Dick's for 39.99 improved my putting a lot; no need to pay huge money imo.

The one that you are confident in, feels/sounds good and you aim accurately. ;)

Back