What OEM has the best end to end bag setup?

Bryndom

2023 Grandaddy X!!!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 15
And why is it Cobra/Puma?

I just think end to ends from drivers through wedges and even putters now, Cobra has been pushing the envelope of innovation, manufacturing techniques and quality.

And their price point for the value you get is amazing in the market.

Equipment has gotten so good! I could play a full bag of most OEMs. I lean towards the people that are good to out community here!

I just think end to ends from drivers through wedges and even putters now, Cobra has been pushing the envelope of innovation, manufacturing techniques and quality.

Cobra is great. Don’t get me wrong. Great value too. But...

Callaway wins this one. I don’t know of an oem that has as many options across every demographic as them. Then you throw the #1 putter brand in there to finish it out and they’re hard to beat.

Cobra is great. Don’t get me wrong. Great value too. But...

Callaway wins this one. I don’t know of an oem that has as many options across every demographic as them. Then you throw the #1 putter brand in there to finish it out and they’re hard to beat.
The putters are amazing. The B21 was a game changer for slicers and the apex line up is going to hit a lot of people.

Don't count out Titleist. They've led the wedge market for years, Cameron's putters have spawned an entire boutique industry, and their recent iron offerings have brought a lot of people back to the circle. Add in the new TSi line of long clubs and we have our selves a contender ladies and gentlemen.

Of course as @MattyD-MPLS pointed out, you really can't go wrong in today's market. We golfers don't realize just how good we have it.

The putters are amazing. The B21 was a game changer for slicers and the apex line up is going to hit a lot of people.
I also may be a little biased haha.

Too many to mention now - we have more great equipment choices now more than ever.

It used to be Callaway/Odyssey and Ping for many from end to end. Now you can add TM, Cobra, Titleist, Tour Edge, and several more... lots of great choices.

I did an all Ping bag once around 1999. That was the last time.

Callaway is tough to beat.

Followed by I think srixon and mizuno. Those two are only slightly behind and are high class and high performance.

Cobra has some awesome offerings and are performing as well as anything.

Well taylormade has great stuff too, and oh and don’t forget titleist. Their woods this year are top notch..

Eh.. they are all great.

Too many to mention now - we have more great equipment choices now more than ever.

It used to be Callaway/Odyssey and Ping for many from end to end. Now you can add TM, Cobra, Titleist, Tour Edge, and several more... lots of great choices.

I did an all Ping bag once around 1999. That was the last time.
And this is truly the right answer. Most major OEMs are going to be on a somewhat even level. Some people may find one works better for them than the other. And that’s great. Golf is more fun when there are a lot of great clubs to test and choose from. At least for us gear heads it is.

Don't count out Titleist. They've led the wedge market for years, Cameron's putters have spawned an entire boutique industry, and their recent iron offerings have brought a lot of people back to the circle. Add in the new TSi line of long clubs and we have our selves a contender ladies and gentlemen.

Of course as @MattyD-MPLS pointed out, you really can't go wrong in today's market. We golfers don't realize just how good we have it.

Agreed. With all the great technology throughout golf, you can find something to work for you in any company.

I also may be a little biased haha.
Me too, but I was leaning hard that way prior to being picked for the Grandaddy.

Really, you could take just about an OEM and put together a pretty good bag that would work for you. Id contend that Mizuno can rival anyone and as someone who has played both Mizuno and Cobra in the past, Cobra is knocking on the door but they arent quite there for a full bag yet. I still find their irons and wedges to be just OK.
Besides, Cobra doesnt make balls.

Taylormade, Titleist, Callaway.

Callaway is tough to beat.

Followed by I think srixon and mizuno. Those two are only slightly behind and are high class and high performance.

Cobra has some awesome offerings and are performing as well as anything.

Well taylormade has great stuff too, and oh and don’t forget titleist. Their woods this year are top notch..

Eh.. they are all great.
I agree with this whole post.

Top to bottom Cleveland/Srixon and Mizzy are skimmed over too much, particularly with feedback the woods are getting this year.

But in the end, they’re all great.

I agree with this whole post.

Top to bottom Cleveland/Srixon and Mizzy are skimmed over too much, particularly with feedback the woods are getting this year.

But in the end, they’re all great.

I am hoping in July to talk to Vosh about their ball some. They have to have something in the works..

Need to keep putters in mind for true end to end. I will add Ping to the list.

other than wilson, i'm not sure there's a major brand that is putting out mediocre or even bad product right now.

i don't think i would put cobra at the top of the mountain, though. yes, they're VERY good. but i think there are a couple areas where they are really close just not quite on the same level.

i give the nod to callaway for reasons expressed here. they have something for everyone, and they have (arguably) the best or equal in each category for everyone. that is an insanely impressive feat. i genuinely cannot think of a hole in their entire lineup, or weakness.

I don’t know, but I know it’s not Cobra. And I play the F9 and think it’s an awesome driver. So it’s not just Cobra hate. They just do so much wrong around a few small right things.

My personal favorite two for complete end to end right now are probably Mizuno and Cleveland/Srixon. Though, they still lack some in a few areas compared to the bigger names.

Titleist !

My answer is all of them / none of them.

I love Cobra gear but I don't see how you can put them into the conversation at this time. Maybe once a true putter line comes, out then it's possible. However as JB mentioned, what about the ball? Should that be part of the lineup and its a great point. I play a complete mixed bag. I have never had everything one OEM. I have just never been in love with everything that one OEM provided. For me, the closest I have come has been with Callaway and Titleist. Love both when it comes to drivers and irons. Prefer Titleist fairways and Callaway's hybrids. Can play either wedge set, however Odyssey always wins when it comes to putters. Bags I really like Titleist and for a ball I have been a AVX guy since being part of a THP Titleist Event a couple of years ago. Like everyone else, just love golf equipment and want to give everyone a chance to get my $.

After pondering Cobra's for over a month hard core now I think they have a pretty dang good option for everyone and they do it without having a bloated lineup where they are competing with their own products for sales. I think that is smart and less confusing for the consumer.

Back