What OEM has the best end to end bag setup?

If it does cobra is out.. what major companies do not have a ball now?

Ping
Cobra

That’s all I can think of..
If you go by top 10, those two and Tour Edge.

Where does PXG fit in?
Currently not in the top 10.
At least in terms of market share as it’s measured. I was not speaking of performance, which some people very much enjoy their stuff

I play Callaway woods, Bridgestone irons, and Taylormade putter but I would play sub par woods just to keep my irons the same.

There are so many good options these days but my list assuming golf ball mandatory would go (1) Callaway, (2) Titleist, (3 Tie) Srixon/Cleveland, (3 Tie) Taylormade followed by (4) Mizuno.

id 100% go with Callaway or Titleist

Titleist has the best ball, woods are the best woods atm, Vokey and a Scotty unreal, Titleist irons not the best but having some of the best in every other category makes it a very appealing choice, also if you want gear footjoy has something for everyone

similarly, with Callaway, the woods are great, the irons are pretty damn good to really good, wedges solid and they have so many options for a putter you can easily find something you like, and the ball is pretty solid as well, X forge cb irons are my favourite looking irons on the market rn, idk something about them is so good

Surprised no one has nominated PXG.
Great irons, and hybrids. Putters are excellent imo.
No ball though, and drivers and FWs have been... so so? Wedges are good but no choice of grinds.
Pricing on the 0211 lineup moves them way up there though. I’m curious what the Gen 4 line will cost.

Callaway is tough to beat.

Followed by I think srixon and mizuno. Those two are only slightly behind and are high class and high performance.

Cobra has some awesome offerings and are performing as well as anything.

Well taylormade has great stuff too, and oh and don’t forget titleist. Their woods this year are top notch..

Eh.. they are all great.
Don’t see how you could put Srixon and Mizuno second and third.
People keep saying how good their Woods are, but nobody buys them. Once in a while I’ll see a Mizuno hybrid, but I’ve honestly never seen anyone playing a Srixon driver or FW, (one of my best friend’s son is on their staff and he won’t even let his kid give him a Srixon wood). Same with Mizuno, great reviews, who bags them?
Both companies putter lineups are nowhere near the best.
I do play a Srixon ball and love it. Serious question... does Mizuno even make one?

Admittedly, I don't know the various OEMs and their offerings nearly as well as most of you, but Callaway/Odyssey gets my vote.

People keep saying how good their Woods are, but nobody buys them. Once in a while I’ll see a Mizuno hybrid, but I’ve honestly never seen anyone playing a Srixon driver or FW, (one of my best friend’s son is on their staff and he won’t even let his kid give him a Srixon wood). Same with Mizuno, great reviews, who bags them?
I do play a Srixon ball and love it. Serious question... does Mizuno even make one?

Yep. Mizuno makes a ball. It’s pretty good. Super spiny.

I am sure I have some bias but I think mizuno and srixon products are very good. People buying their woods or not means nothing to me in terms of quality or performance. That is largely a marketing game.

Mizuno year over year is gaining ground in terms of performance in their woods. I have said in other threads I place them second in this year. Behind titleist. Who also for a few years have been behind

But top to bottom. Mizuno and srixon Cleveland are as good as anyone.

Would any say Cleveland wedges are junk? No, what about mizuno? Never.

Cleveland frontline putter and the m craft line of putter are awesome.

I would put them ahead of anything taylormade has put out over the past few years except maybe the spider.

Odyssey is a juggernaut. Cameron is over rated..

I play a full bag of Mizuno's and rotate Q-Star, Z-Star and, Mizuno RB Tour balls into play. Mizuno makes a good ball just seems to not have much exposure.

Something Something advertising, most people buy clubs their favourite players play and or what they see with the biggest display in the store, or what clubs look the best

the most popular clubs arent necessarily the best clubs we all know that

Srixon/Cleveland/XXIO/ASICS might get my vote!

This is such a tough question when leaving the golf ball out of the top to bottom criteria. For most it would come down to oem preference for whatever reason that may be for that individual. For me, I just couldn’t pick one at this point. If asked a few years ago I would have voted for Ping but now all I have in the bag is a g410lst driver

Ball excluded I have to go with my beloved Cobra. Included I’d go Callaway however if I was replacing my irons today I’d seriously consider Mizuno

Personally I think if your looking for equipment for the single capper all the way up to super game improvement type clubs, it's Callaway and TaylorMade, it seems they have options for drivers, woods, irons and balls to reach anyone that wants to play the game.

For myself personally? Titliest, even though I don’t play a Scotty or their ball much anymore But could with no problem.

If the ball has to be included, I'd definitely vote Callaway. If not, Cobra is right there in the conversation with them. If I was going to buy a whole new bag today, those two would be at the top of my list before I even looked at anybody else.

If I were to pick a single manufacturer for my entire bag, I'd probably choose Mizuno or Srixon/Cleveland. That said, I won't deny Callaway probably has the most comprehensive product lineup. Oddly, I'm currently gaming just one Callaway product.

In my mind, it has to be Callaway. It truly offers a full bag of equipment to any golfer of any skill level. I love Cobra, but it does not have a regular offering in putters currently. Also, just compare the hybrid offerings between the two companies. I think if one has to choose a single company for every club in the bag, it has to be Titleist, TaylorMade or Callaway, given the putter offerings and, hands down, my choice would be Callaway.

Just as a follow up to this thread, I realized about halfway through my round today that I was playing a full bag of Callaway equipment, from putter to driver. I honestly can’t remember the last time that I had a full bag of the same OEM equipment. In 2019, I played 13 Cobra clubs, but there was no Cobra putter available.

If you're looking at top to bottom I'm not sure how you can say anyone other than Callaway. There are several brands that can absolutely go toe to toe with them but I just don't think Callaway overall can be beat.

Back