what part of your game are you working on?

bogey_russ

outside operations
Reaction score
Handicap
girs
after watching tiger come back to golf and miss cuts... hit balls into hazards... shoot a 79... i figure even he has to work on his game like everyone else...

what is everyone working on to get better at their game?

Golf Chick

Golf Fashionista
Reaction score
Handicap
Decreasing
I've been working on my swing...who knows how long I'll be working on it, but it'll be a while!

dustklose

Re-Addicted
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 8.9
Better contact with my irons. I happen to catch a lot of thin shots, and sometimes even my solid contact leads to pushes n pulls.

Hawk

Master Painter
Reaction score
Good question. I've been concentrating most on my short game lately. Spending time in the basement practicing both my pitching and chipping strokes with plastic balls. It's a lot of trial and error for me. Especially when it comes to club selection on the course.

Earlier this year it was getting off the tee.

Next up will be staying focused for each shot through the entire round.

Tmex

Paul Casey, WINNER!
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 14.2
I tried to find a consistant swing. And when I did, I started to pull most of my shots. Working on that now. My drives pull the most.

Dirt_Guy

I dig holes.
Reaction score
Handicap
Bogey-ish
Mid-iron contact and greenside pitching/chipping. Probably if I got better with the mid-irons, I wouldn't need to learn to pitch and chip. :D

TC

Keg Thrower
Reaction score
Handicap
i'll be focusing on adding a bit of distance with the driver and being able to control the flight/direction of the ball. i am a natural cutter of the ball of the tee and i would love to be able to put a little draw on it when needed.

Hanks

On the Fringe
Reaction score
Handicap
bOOBs
wedges/short iron play as well as hitting any part of the green from 140 and in....

Ouimet

Reaction score
Handicap
The "not hooking it into the middle of next week" bit

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
The same thing I'm always working, getting the ball to stay in the fairway and on the green. It sounds simple, but it'll be my life-long golfing quest!

bogey_russ

outside operations
Reaction score
Handicap
girs
im working on my gir percentages... girs for me are the killer...
ppl are impressed with my ability to scramble... im really impressed with them hitting greens... id rather hit greens all day and three putt bogeys than 1 putt to save bogey

9-Iron Man

Exciting Times
Reaction score
Handicap
High
For me it's fighting my slice. 5 out of every 10 balls I hit end up WAY to the right. I need to stop that.

Schweitzer_07

Reaction score
Short game no doubt. Driver and irons have been money, but chipping/putting fell apart yesterday. Hard to explain how I drive two par 4's out of 9 holes and can't birdie either..

tdinbr

Water hazards are tough!
Reaction score
Handicap
10.5 OOB
im working on my gir percentages... girs for me are the killer...
ppl are impressed with my ability to scramble... im really impressed with them hitting greens... id rather hit greens all day and three putt bogeys than 1 putt to save bogey
Same here!!

Dent

MIA
Reaction score
Handicap
Chipping, Chipping and more chipping, I'm missing greens right now and my chipping is just killing me.

Hanks

On the Fringe
Reaction score
Handicap
bOOBs
that's how my short irons and wedges are treating me...i'm 1 putting to save bogey way too often.
Chipping, Chipping and more chipping, I'm missing greens right now and my chipping is just killing me.

RxGus

Argyle Warrior
Reaction score
Handicap
Winter
what part of your game are you working on?

Maintaining proper distance from the ball (I try to stand too far away) and keeping the right swing plane using the diamond drill.

Fixing this should help both my drives and my irons!

Sunday_Hacker

Release Your Inner Diablo
Reaction score
Handicap
wedge game is my biggest weakness and always needs work

Jimmyboy

lookin' for results!
Reaction score
Handicap
Lately I've been working and my foot work building a stronger base. I'm also trying to ingrain my swing plane (a work in progress about 6 months now!) as well as increase my shoulder turn. I really need help with the putter, but can't find anyone to help or any decent place to practice.

Ya so i'm working on a few things.

Badger_Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
Working on getting better at hitting the 3-wood off the deck. Im decent with it off the tee, but I suck when hitting it off the ground. Im getting better but its a process...

royalwulff

Reaction score
Handicap
I am actually trying to work on improving how I read greens. for some reason i am having a tough time right now reading greens corectly, which also effects my putting and score.

wilwin

Reaction score
After working on way too many things about my swing like swing plane and lag, I've finally decided to focus most of my attention on just tempo. I've come to the conclusion that if I can maintain a good tempo throughout a round, it will put me in a good impact position 95% of the time. I've decided that's the cause of most of my problems, whether it's a pull or a slice.

Other than that, I think I am really going to focus on the short game this season. That's the only way I'm going to consistently shoot in the low 80's and in the 70's. Anything outside of 6 feet I am bound to miss. If I could sink 1 in every 4 putts from 6-10 feet I'd be happy. Everything has been just a cup or two off lately. I'm close, but that's not good enough in this game.

yonk15

On the putting green
Reaction score
Handicap
Good question. I've been concentrating most on my short game lately. Spending time in the basement practicing both my pitching and chipping strokes with plastic balls. It's a lot of trial and error for me. Especially when it comes to club selection on the course.

Earlier this year it was getting off the tee.

Next up will be staying focused for each shot through the entire round.
This is what I'm working on. I've found that if I'm playing really well and I get really excited, too excited. If I'm only like one or two over my mind racing at the thought of shooting 73 or 74. Next thing I know I make triple bogey and I'm no where near 74.

Exhibit A: Yesterday I had a three foot putt for eagle on this long par 5. It was unreal. I hit my drive into a sandtrap and so I was about 240 out and I hit my 4 wood out of the bunker, over water, on to the green to three feet. I was so darn excited about that massive shot, I missed the putt for eagle!! ugh!! Birdie wasn't too bad, but I wasn't focused on the short putt.

Islander

Reaction score
Handicap
CHIPPING and everything inside 50 yards :banghead:

China Cat>Rider

Dazed & Cornfused
Reaction score
Geez...where to begin. I'm hoping the new driver puts an end to my woes off the tee. Putting has always been my strong point. I average around 36 putts a round. Hopefully that consistency continues. chipping has been very hit or miss lately. But my woods play has been HORRIBLE. I just cant seem to hit a clean 3w recently. Its extremely frustrating because that was the club I could always count on last year. Funny how that works...

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in