what part of your game are you working on?

I know I'd rather my miss be left. I hate the right side of the golf course.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

I can tell you guys that is the coolest thing about GolfTec lessons. They use so many body angle numbers with their video systems. I love using there systems to make sure I am not over or under rotating shoulders or hips. I love some numbers!

Question Jman: if you had to choose, would you choose the miss that goes left or right?

For me, the right. I say that though only because my miss to the left isn't draw like, its full blown hook. I'd love to be able to just play a baby draw, I just don't ever see that happening.

See, I play a fade off the tee. The ball fades 99% of the time. Now, I'm trying to reduce the amount it does it and I think I'm getting quite comfy with my driver and all that so that I am playing that nice butter cut. SOmetimes I'd love to see a ball go right. I just can't do it.

One problem with the fade is on windy days. The wind will just eat up a fade and carry it away. It seems like a draw fights through it.

One problem with the fade is on windy days. The wind will just eat up a fade and carry it away. It seems like a draw fights through it.

Good point Grant. I find it if I just tee it a little lower and just put about a 75% swing on it, I can get that knuckle ball that works just fine. Hit a beauty on #17 Sunday.

Good point Grant. I find it if I just tee it a little lower and just put about a 75% swing on it, I can get that knuckle ball that works just fine. Hit a beauty on #17 Sunday.

That is a good shot to have in your bag.

Lefty Question-

When you guys hit a fade, is it the same as a righty draw or like a righty fade?

had a lesson today and i was hammering shots on the range
every single one was a tiny draw that ended up straight
it felt great... even my coach was commenting on it... till we saw it on video hahaha
i still have alot of work to do

I am currently working on my putting. I bought putting mat for the living room and plan on using it everyday!

After a rotten day, I'm going to go try to have some fun and play nine holes. Hopefully see some progress on the weight shift issue. I might seek out some downhill lies for some practice swings.

now that I have my driver behaving (for the moment) I'm trying to work my short game more. approach shots the last few rounds have been what has killed my score more than anything. Gotta get that under control. :/

My weight shifting translated into a REALLY solid round of golf yesterday. Looking to play again tomorrow.

From my lesson:

Tilt spine to the right as I turn my shoulders

Drop arms toward my right thigh before I start my shoulders

Turn the screw, don't scoop Rocky Road ice cream

Observation: what I thought was a slight draw, is not a slight draw.

My weight shifting translated into a REALLY solid round of golf yesterday. Looking to play again tomorrow.

That's good to hear. I felt like I made some progress as well yesterday. Was probably about 50% successful, but that beats where I was. Biggest challenge for me is always shifting instead of swaying. I tried to keep the right knee a little more bent to keep myself from moving to far back, which seemed to work pretty well.

I am currently working on my chutting. I bought chutting mat for the living room and plan on using it everyday!

FIFY ya Francis :thumb:

I decided to make a grip change by getting the grip more towards the bottom half of the fingers and less in the palm. So far I like it, it gives me a short left thumb and allows my right hand to feel a bit more comfortable in a neutral position, it also stops that crazy bow I had in my left hand on the take away that prevented be from getting the club parallel.

Lefty Question-

When you guys hit a fade, is it the same as a righty draw or like a righty fade?

A fade is something that flies in the direction you're facing. They're talking righty draw
Did he mean direction or did he mean the kind of shot? Like a fade for a a righty is a weak shot, but if a lefty hits it to the right it would be like a righty hitting a draw (to the left). The lefty's weak shot would be a fade to their left. At least that's how I took it.

I'm working on my chipping. I've always preferred to fly the ball closer to the hole and I'm wanting to bump and run it more to see how it works for me.

I'm working on my chipping. I've always preferred to fly the ball closer to the hole and I'm wanting to bump and run it more to see how it works for me.

That will never hurt you Smalls, and I remember you hitting some nice chips in the Morgan Cup. I admired a bunch of your shots around the green.

Loving that my boy likes the driving range. I'm getting more practice now than I have in a long time.

Last night we went after dinner and I worked on the same things as always, incorporating drills from my lessons. The one I focused on last night was starting with small swings and then working up to full swings. I forget what it's called, but I'm basically trying to hit the ball with the same general move 50 to 150 yards. It's a good way for me to focus on shoulder rotation on the downswing.

Turned out to be the best ball striking range session I've had in a while. I'll give a nod to the softer turf and slightly longer than normal grass for some of my success too. It's mentally easier for me to hit off that than the firm, short mowed stuff we have sometimes. Doesn't hurt my wrist as much either.

Today I'm gonna try working on my aim. Playing a course with a ton of fairway bunkers and a 260 yd par 3 this weekend. It's going to eat me alive!

The not screwing everything up part...

Chipping and putting. Been deplorable the last few rounds.

Tap Tap Taparoo

Back