What part of your game needs the most work?

Pitching and chipping - I need to get it closer to the hole more often. I hated my lob wedge this year and just bought something else to experiment with (60* TM Hi Toe). So we’ll see if my short game improves over the next few months.

Approach shots with my irons. Definitely! Need to get back to having more birdie opportunities. Second, is chips around the green. They have been a little short of late.

Iron play. Miss way too many greens from the middle of the fairway.

My iron game from 190 in is just terrible! I need to concentrate my lessons on my iron play! The driver is doing pretty well for me amazingly!

Sand play without question! I don't know why that part of my game is so sub-standard but I need to get it worked out...

my body. It hurts, in a lot of different places.

Really genuinely believe that is the most important change needed. More stretching, more whatever. Tired of sore.

Flat stick. It needs work in the worst way

I need to stretch or warm up better . I always start poorly- for 3 or 4 holes - before I make quality shots then I ok

In order:

Putting
Wedge play approaches
Driver consistency

Bunkers also need work but just dont aim at the bunkers.....

Last edited:
If I had to pick something on course, then I would probably have to say my bunker play - it is not that I can't get out, but I am never certain how the ball will come out and how hard I need to hit it to get it close

The biggest thing that needs work is my body, as since starting my new job I don't walk as much as I used to and the weight has crept up - in an ideal world I would like to lose 25-30lb, but my back issues prevent me from playing badminton (which really kept the weight down) and I have never been a gym person, so I want to try and get back to swimming again

Driver is my weakest point. I am not confident enough. When on the range, or in the sim, I am OK and can poke it out there a decent way, and inside of what most fairways would give me, but on the course I get tentative and end up short and in the rough.

Driver for sure. I'm a 14 so the entire game could of course use improvement but the vast vast vast majority of penalty strokes and big numbers are from poor drives.

my short game needs help I three put or I would be under 90

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Mine is my short game. Too many times this year I have been greenside and not been able to get up and down.
Both of these; leads to lots of bogeys (and worse) on my card!

Short game is probably a higher priority. Proximity to the hole needs to get a lot better after chipping or short pitches.

Last edited:
Like many of you, my short game needs the work. I am terrified of that 30-50 yard shot. And there is nothing like hoseling one from 3 yards off green and having to chip again.

I think my form breaks down and I try and use my hands too much. Need to be more consistent and repeatable.

Came here to say the same thing. Iron play is by far my biggest weakness.

I really want to work on 100-140 yard shots this year

Definitely the driver for me. If that's working for me then I'll shoot a good score, but if I'm slightly off then I am in for a long long day. Thought I'd made progress earlier in the season when I tamed the slice for a couple of rounds but for some reason it's back with a vengeance and I genuinely don't feel like I'm doing anything differently. Just have to stop that open club face from creeping back in.

While I find it to be the least satisfying part of the game, my putting is what could improve the most. It’s attrocious. If I could putt even halfway decently it would probably shave 8 strokes off my scores. Three putts are the rule rather than the exception for me, and four putts happen at least a couple of times a round.

I could definitely stand a putting lesson, but I imagine just practicing some would help. Unfortunately I find putting completely mind numbing and can’t motivate myself to do it.

Me again! More ball striking consistency... Here's my driver face after a dozen balls. Notice that all but one (low and towards the heel) are in the center corridor of the face but I hit a few low and one high but quite a few in the center. The good news is, with the rebuild more upright swing and bigger, wider arc, I'm carrying these between 260-270, dead straight. I need to shrink the impact error in the vertical axis.

1ZXB1v8.jpg

Your just trying to make the rest of us feel bad, at least me anyway. Just kidding, sir. :LOL:

Your just trying to make the rest of us feel bad, at least me anyway. Just kidding, sir. :LOL:
Don't feel bad, I'm still inconsistent. I need to reduce the mishits. When everything works, they go great! And according to Roy, my swing coach, that is just seat time hitting lots of balls and eventually finding the center of the face. Back when I played half way decent golf 25 years ago, we called it grooving the swing. I would spend all day on the range, literally from right after sun up, to dinner time. I can't do that any more. Best I can do now is 3-4 hour stints and hit 200 balls, that's it!

Don't feel bad, I'm still inconsistent. I need to reduce the mishits. When everything works, they go great! And according to Roy, my swing coach, that is just seat time hitting lots of balls and eventually finding the center of the face. Back when I played half way decent golf 25 years ago, we called it grooving the swing. I would spend all day on the range, literally from right after sun up, to dinner time. I can't do that any more. Best I can do now is 3-4 hour stints and hit 200 balls, that's it!

It's hell when you get old, ain't it. :laughing: (y)

Driver without a doubt!

Back