What part of your game needs the most work?

Your just trying to make the rest of us feel bad, at least me anyway. Just kidding, sir. :LOL:
Went and hit balls today and tried my new PING G410 Plus driver and here are my misses today with 15 balls hit on the face. I'm doing better vertically on the clubface now...

llN5hsG.jpg

Far and away the bunker game needs the most improvement, followed closely by the 20-30 yd pitches. On average, I lose about 2-3 shots alone just not being able to get on the green even for a two putt out of the bunker. I play in the early mornings usually and the sand is really wet and hard, which is my nemesis.

Far and away the bunker game needs the most improvement, followed closely by the 20-30 yd pitches. On average, I lose about 2-3 shots alone just not being able to get on the green even for a two putt out of the bunker. I play in the early mornings usually and the sand is really wet and hard, which is my nemesis.

Most golfers don't realize they have to generate quite a bit of clubhead speed with those bunker shots and really accelerate the clubhead through the wet sand.

The 20-30 yard pitches are purely feel shots. Good technique helps but it is pretty simple. The easy ones are off of tight lies. The harder ones are out of rough, depending on the severity of the rough.

My tee game. At times it is downright horrible

kappa, I just re-read this, this morning and noticed the "and hard". If the bunkers are unraked and like hardpan, then you use a low bounce wedge and pick it clean like a little pitch. If the sand is wet and LOOSE, then you really have to hit a hard, fast explosion shot. Sorry about the confusion! ;)

Iron play for me. I should be hitting way more greens than I do and those missed greens have shown in my scores this year.

Putting. I’m still not 100% sure the cups on our course are regulation size.

I still have too much to work on to isolate it to one thing. Right now, I am focused on woods, wedges, bunkers, and cleaning up putting a bit more.

putting can wait for thd Odyssey event hopefully i will bd picked

Putting is what needs the most work, and it has been getting a lot of attention this winter. Too many 3 putts, and missed opportunities.

I've turned to a mallet putter, and it has helped my speed consistancy. Been rolling lots of putts on my putt out mat and pressure putt trainer. Hoping to improve by a few strokes just by cutting down on my putts.

Last edited:
Short game, always short game. Would by default help putting.

Approach shots with my irons. Definitely! Need to get back to having more birdie opportunities. Second, is chips around the green. They have been a little short of late.
I can now check those two off the list. I've been working on them and am doing much better.

tee to cup

Every part of my game needs a lot more work and it often seems like trying to hit a moving target as to what to work on. But one thing has always held true. Applying the bulk of any extra practice on the greens and out to about 50 yards is the most efficient for me to actually realize better scoring.

Can’t argue with this. I have some swing flaws I need to clean up and should give me more distance and consistency. But I need to get those short shots dialed in so I can get a lot more short par putts

1. Short game 2. Short game 3 Short game. I used to chip foam balls in the living room, pretty much as soon as the events in Hawaii start up thru whenever I start playing for the season. New carpet and a different furniture layout and I stopped. Then I stopped going to the range for myself while my son played varsity golf his last years of highschool and all the "feel" shots are gone... Its really ugly. I putted pretty well last year. I love my ol' #7 and found grip to go with it that really works for me. I hit my Epic driver as well as any driver ever, the fairway woods are great, the irons good when I focus (though irons will be next thing I buy) so its the short game that needs all the work. Its never been good and never been worse....

Full swing. Lost my draw and playing a weak cut. Lost a bunch of distance and accuracy. I hate it.

All of it. My entire game needs work

Back