What Percentage of the Time do you Walk for 18 Holes?

Home course is 100% walking. Anywhere else, I take a cart because who knows where I'm going to hit the ball lol

I got a Clicgear 3.5 for Christmas and have started to walk the few times I've played since. I am hoping to walk most of the time unless until about June once the heat here in Texas really kicks in. I probably won't walk during MGA tournaments but we will see.

If all things were equal, I prefer to walk. But I also like to play lots of different courses and walking is just so course specific. There are a couple courses here that I play more than I normally would because they're conducive to walking. Probably walk them 85% of the time. Some others I walk 20% of the time if conditions are favorable but then there are many I play that I couldn't walk even if it were permitted. Overall I probably walk 20% of the time?

Depends upon what course I'm playing & what group. If I play out 9 hole muni by myself then I walk, so I would say about 40-50% of the time.

100% of the time, unless cart is included in the green fee.

Playing by myself, 85% of the time I walk. If I ride it is because i'm playing just 9 really quick after the wife gets home or with others.

I walked every round but 1 this year and my group targets courses that have friendly to green to tee distances. My exception was when on vacation. Walking is the best part to my group. Even my 76 year old father walks 9 with us. I never have a bad day walking. My golf does not always match.

Since I joined a new club in 2018 I walk about 70% of my rounds as most of my buddies are walkers. When I was in California I had my own cart parked in my garage and I rode 98% of the time. In another two or three years when my home club will shift to the resort course near our home, I will ride 100% of the time as the course is not really walkable. I get my cardio exercise elsewhere so I'm perfectly happy whether riding or walking.

I don’t walk any rounds at the moment. Just too many knee problems plaguing me.

0%. Nada. Zip. Zilch.

90-95% of the time. Only time I don’t is for outings or when I get a Hot Deal and cart is included with price.

Well over 90%. Try to walk ever round possible.

5%, only when I play a local 9 hole muni

So far I'm 100% for 2020. Hoping to have it be at least 75% by the end of this year which will be up 74.5% from 2019.

Walk 9 at the home course because I am cheap and need the exercise :cool:

I walk about 70% of the time. Curious what others do...

80% of the time - I only ride in scrambles at the home course every other round is walking there.

When I travel I may ride, but I really don’t like being in such close proximity to people ??‍♂️ :)

100%

Walk. Nope. ?

So far I’ve walked 2 times. I’m thinking that’s less then 5%. What can I say, I prefer a cart.

I never walk, the courses around here just aren’t set up for walkers. I should but the carts are so much fun to drive!

Back