What Piece of Equipment are You Most Looking Forward to Trying in 2016?

Jeff Spicoli

Grandaddy X!!!!!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Mr. Hand
Whether it is a driver, fairway wood, putter, wedge, or some other piece of golf related equipment, what are you most looking forward to trying in 2016? Is there something you saw that at the PGA show that made you want to go out and buy it as soon as it's released? Do you have something already in mind that you are looking to replace? What 2016 offerings are you most excited about?

I'm a Bridgestone guy, so the JGR line is really interesting to me and something I want to get my hands on. Outside of that, I am really excited about what Cobra has put out this year. Cobra has never appealed to me, but from everything I have seen and read, they have knocked it out of the park on their new iron line and the King LTD driver. Although I probably need more forgiveness, the MBs are just stunning to me.

Whatever is being offered at the wilson event later this year!

Once i get swing back on track im trying all kinds of stuff

Whatever is being offered at the wilson event later this year!

Once i get swing back on track im trying all kinds of stuff

Listening to the podcast today definitely gets me excited for what they have planned for the future. I unfortunately live in an area with not a single quality golf store so getting my hands Wilson goods can be tough.

Listening to the podcast today definitely gets me excited for what they have planned for the future. I unfortunately live in an area with not a single quality golf store so getting my hands Wilson goods can be tough.
Sounds like you need to move

The new XR 16 drivers, mostly. BUT also the new offerings off the tee from Cobra, too.

Al of the new drivers with cobra, Bridegstone, wilson and callaway being at the top.

Other than possibly replacing my 2h with a 3w, I don't have a huge drive to tinker much this year. That's weird considering all the great clubs that have been released lately.

Despite not planning on changing much, I'll still eventually hit the C200s, FG Tour M5 & King Forged Tec irons & probably a few drivers.

Vokey wedges.

I really want to hit the PXG stuff.

Whatever W/S comes up with next. But the JGR irons look intriguing.

XR16 pro driver
f6+ driver
Cleveland Black hybrids

I would add the JGR driver and the w/S f5 driver and hybrids but there is no availability up here to try them.

I would like to hit the Wilson C200 irons, all the reviews and listening to the podcast makes me want to give these a try.

That sneaky Red Srixon Driver that was in 1 picture at the PGA show that NO ONE has mentioned.

V-Line Fang but I will probably wait until next winter as tempted as I am my current VLine has like 6 or 7 rounds on it so need doesn't justify the want, but hopefully I can get my hands on it somewhere along the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll say my Callaway Mini 1.5 that is on it's way.

Apex hybrids...nothing else even close

Toe up #9,
Toulon putter. (Madison w flow neck if they make that custom option)
C200 irons

Hoping Fowler's F6 Baffler makes it to retail.

What Piece of Equipment are You Most Looking Forward to Trying in 2016?

Hoping Fowler's F6 Baffler makes it to retail.

This one was on my short list too

Last edited:
I believe that's actually their 'test' driver for their fitting system that they use to determine which driver is best suited for the player. Here's Nate with it at the Up and Down event.
4439abc105081aa5e90cf4f20c1d8ec6.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Totally could be right. I didn't make the connection - thanks!

I believe that's actually their 'test' driver for their fitting system that they use to determine which driver is best suited for the player. Here's Nate with it at the Up and Down event.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It would be great to hit it there this year!

Back