what prompts a bag shake-up for you?

chile

Working with Mercury
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
bad streak of rounds, good streak of rounds? or the hacker way of just deciding you want a bag shake-up? case in point, i know my bag is currently "suitable" but i am contemplating a shift to this (for absolutely no reason):

300 Mini Driver 11.5*
Super Hybrito 17*
undecided about 5H (maybe apex21?)
P790 6i - PW
54* SW
58* LW
Elevado (this will ALWAYS be in whatever bag i mangle together)

Reading this forum.

My main area of shakeup always seems to come at the top of the bag. Irons and wedges are always pretty stable. My love of hybrids has sent me down some crazy paths but I am currently happy with what I got. I say that every time that I make a change though, so take it for what it’s worth….

Monotony

Curiosity/Desire

F**k-it-ism

Broken or damaged clubs

Try something out of someone else’s bag and get a taste of forbidden fruit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The wind blowing can do it sometimes. Mostly it is the want to try something new syndrome. Although I must say this is the longest a bag has been together and so consistent for me, so I shouldn't change it.

I always want to shake something up. I usually don't have the spare cash to do it though. Which is good.

Pure whim.

If the day of the week ends in a “y”. When I read a review of new equipment here on THP.

time, and not much of it. a little time passes, and i get antsy.

i’m more apt to buy something when i’m playing well than when i’m playing poorly. i play a couple good rounds, and i want to buy something harder to hit. it’s a sickness.

Gosh this is a good question. Feels like a you know it when you see it. I’m thinking about it a bit. I’m gaining distance on my driver but loosing consistency and distance on irons.

Reading this forum.
Yep, this definitely plays a factor!

I’m also inquisitive by nature so like tinkering, and with so many great options that’s easy to do!

Never have done a complete shake-up in a short period of time or all at once due but if I could (financially) it would be all new and the most recent release, in everything. Plus I would want to be fit to be sure everything was aligned. My golfing performance with one exception was all on me for my golfing career. Today, I change out because I am hardcore THP’er.

Good Marketing and/or shiny irons.

Me 1: ....you know I'm pretty sure those new irons will turn your 30 handicap to scratch....
Me 2: .......Really?
Me 1: ........I think so...
Me 2:.........Let's do it!!!!

For me it’s not making the progress I would like to see

When I start to lose confidence or try something new that performs better than current set up.

THP Experiences

1. Surf THP:D
2. Check out new clubs elsewhere:unsure::oops::cry:
3. Wife notices my checking out clubs. "You should get that."o_O:p
4. Bag shakeup!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

When I sense that I'm not getting the maximum result from a club or a set of clubs.
When it doesn't work anymore, it's time for a change.

"When facts change, I change my mind or in this case, I change clubs. What do you do, Sir?"

If it's not broken....why try to fix it?

Erroneously blaming the clubs when it is always really me.

Either 1) something isn't working, 2) I'm not using a club often enough to justify its existence, 3) I tried something that gave me encouraging results (either fitting, randomly, or through THP testing), or 4) I need new shiny in my life.

I made a major change, swapping out my 2009 Callaway X-Forged irons for TaylorMade Burner 2.0 irons - this change was exclusively to recapture lost distance.

The only other way I'd make a major shakeup is if I switched home courses and the conditions were so different that I'd have to make a few changes.

Back