what prompts a bag shake-up for you?

THP and a new calendar year

THP Experiences
For the most part, this is it for me in the last 2 1/2 years. My current bag is from the Morgan Cup. The set of irons before that was from Graphite Challenge and putters are from the Odyssey Experience.

I get the itch once in a while for a driver because I'm not as consistent as I'd like to be with it.

A million reasons for me. Something I saw on THP, a couple of bad rounds, it looked at me funny. You know, the basics.

When I don't like the gapping

A night of surfing THP while having a few drinks will cause some major shakeups in my bag, lol.

For me, it's roll out. When the grooves get worn on my irons, I get too much roll out when I like to play the game in the air.
That takes a long time, so I'm not the classic internet forum club ho!

I think my last irons were 2009, and I just changed.

I only got new woods because a barely hit, almost brand new matched set of G425s was on consignment in our pro shop
and I hadn't had a "set" of woods in forever. They weren't cheap by any means, but still a decent amount less than never hit brand new.

No point worrying about the driver.
Ever since the modern big driver made the scene, I've hit them foul pole to foul pole. It's teeing the ball so high, I think.
I'm only going to hit driver on a few wide open holes.

But when I was able to get the 16 up in the air from the deck, I was impressed. 18º had been my minimum fairway wood loft for some time, now.
The 16 might add a few yards to my Hail Mary shots.

Stolen golf clubs. I had an excellent bag put together till it got stolen. Everything felt really good, similar, and worked well as a whole. No weird weight variations, ill fit clubs, or clubs that didn't belong in the bag. Taking me a really long time to put a bag together that works as a whole. Been buying clubs, selling clubs, changing grips, swapping out clubs to get yardages, etc, the whole nine yards. 😝

Inconsistency over a long period of time.

Back