What putter are you gaming today?

Yes, might as well go with what's hot, 29 putts last round.
So me not paying attention I had been doing some practice on the mat and threw the Chicago in the bag. Never realized I didn't have the TT Ten until I got to the course. But still only had 31 putts today with it and 2 birdies.

98F1791F-F645-4776-9044-D1FE38B5EFD0.jpeg

Frontline Elvado, best long distance putter I’ve ever used.

I use my Rail Gun putter today. It's an oldy moldy I purchased a few decades ago.

It really is a darn fine putter. Back in the day, it was one of the better putters a golfer could buy.

Some guy originally started making, and selling these from his garage. He would collect specs from a buyer, and custom build the putter to those specs. At the time I purchased it, it pretty expensive. Since then, I think some big concern bought him out.

I keep it around for memories from years gone by. Rail Gun Putter.jpg

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 :cool:

PXL_20201126_122419468.jpgPXL_20201126_122431330.jpgPXL_20201126_122457605.jpg

Recent gamer and don’t see it leaving any time soon. E4862859-3856-4247-BD50-623F4CA5DACF.jpeg54805D3B-626D-438A-91E9-EB94E7D2A849.jpeg

I played my Bettinardi mallet yesterday but it mis behaved. I am putting a SL 7 in play tomorrow.

For years have been using a Cameron circa 62 but considering putting and old but in good shape one of these as seems to be a few rounds of magic in it before it wears off

A friend is selling a Scotty Cameron Futura X7M, and he offered it to me to try out today. I played 18 with it and it was a real mixed bag for me - I had seven 1-putts (a little higher than usual), but also had five 3-putts (a LOT higher than usual). It's not a bad feeling putter - I actually like the heavy head - but I lacked touch with it compared to my Odyssey SL Ten. I'm gonna give it one more round and a little mano a mano time on the practice green, but as of now I can't see it unseating the Ten in my bag.

What do you think of it? I'm pretty tempted.
I really like it, I've been playing these putters for 3 seasons now (I've had 3 of varying lengths/lie angles. Back issue, my stance keeps necessarily changing in order to thwart discomfort).

Only lately, where it's never affected me in the past, I've become a little distracted/self-conscious about the size. So I'll stray for a bit but every time I put it back in the bag, I'll string together a couple to a few or numerous birds.

Lately though, I changed my address position as when I stand closer, slightly more crouched with my eyes over the ball, it somehow feels better for my back and I can also see the line better. Because the L.A.B. putter is 35", this new stance leads to the grip too often getting hung up in my shirt/pullover/etc.

I'll keep revisiting though because it just keeps performing. Pretty sure I'll also pick up the company's blade version too, it's piqued my curiosity.

Lately though, over the last 10 or so rounds, I've had a Scotty Squareback 1.5 in play.

Have become a believer in the double wide and with Triple Track alignment, putting is easy peasy!

Back