What should be done?

That is simply uncalled for. I personally feel the perosn should have been asked to leave and not return.

Vindictive me says "let them tee off. Call a tow truck. Have his vehicle towed." When asked about it after his round, "Nope, don't know nothing. Guess you gotta walk. Should have been more polite. Karma sucks dude."

This is going to sound cold but the small town I work in doesn’t have a panhandling law. We had a woman that caused 2 traffic accidents set up between the street and sidewalk right at the entrance to my parking lot. This on a very busy 4 lane road. She was blocking the view. Had a little sign stating “homeless, anything helps”.

Well she wasn’t after anything, she made a little girl cry that bought her a blanket and granola bars with her own money and she didn’t want that, just money. I asked her to leave and she refused. Called the police, they came out, nothing they can do but he did tell me she is definitely not homeless. Two car accidents later I said screw it. I called our towing company and asked them if they had a hook up charge, yup. I told them to send their fastest guy, lol.

Haven’t seen her since and she got off with just the hookup charge. 2 crashes, the second with injuries was my tipping point.

Last edited:
Not fair to the employee to be treated that way. Cancel their tee times and ban them.

A elderly lady friend at my local WaWa store got punched in the face several times after she asked a young female shopper to please put on a mask. The male that was with the lady was cheering the woman on and threatening the other employees who went to assist my friend behind the coffee counter.

This really broke my heart because she is about as sweet a person as you could ever find. She always makes sure that the Hazelnut coffee is made before 5 A.M. because she knows I am at the store every single morning whether I have work or not, and my wife makes her some pastries for me to bring over once in a while. There is another customer who loves the Cheese -Sausage - Egg sandwich fresh off the grill and she always puts one on special for him.

I am so glad that I wasn't there that morning because I would be typing this from a jail cell.
That's nutzo. Poor lady. I hope employees everywhere don't take it upon themselves to be the mask police. They are not paid nearly enough to do that too. Not worth it at all. I hope they don't feel compelled to stick up for big box abc. Let the corps. hire more support if this is what is important.
Everyone is so stressed all over. Tinder box potential everywhere you go.

That's nutzo. Poor lady. I hope employees everywhere don't take it upon themselves to be the mask police. They are not paid nearly enough to do that too. Not worth it at all. I hope they don't feel compelled to stick up for big box abc. Let the corps. hire more support if this is what is important.
Everyone is so stressed all over. Tinder box potential everywhere you go.

You stated that well. Not everyone but a lot. I had some guy threaten to break into a pop machine on my property (but controlled by PepsiCo) over $1.00 yesterday. I don’t even have keys for the damn things, just collect a little commission from it and the others.

He was deadly serious. When he came back with a crowbar I asked him if he really wanted to go to jail over a dollar. He was willing. I started laughing at the absurdity of it and told him I’d make him a deal. I had no idea if I had a dollar in my wallet or not, so I told him I’d give him a dollar out of my own pocket IF I had one but that he would guarantee me that he’d leave if I didn’t. He accepted. I had one. 65ish year old man willing to go to jail over a damn dollar. Jeesh.

Crisis averted but seriously, some people need to relax a bit. That said 90+% of the people around here are taking it all in stride.

Quick Edit-I did explain to him that there was an 800 number on the machine and that they’d handle the refund/issuance of a coupon. Nope! Not leaving without his dollar.

You stated that well. Not everyone but a lot. I had some guy threaten to break into a pop machine on my property (but controlled by PepsiCo) over $1.00 yesterday. I don’t even have keys for the damn things, just collect a little commission from it and the others.

He was deadly serious. When he came back with a crowbar I asked him if he really wanted to go to jail over a dollar. He was willing. I started laughing at the absurdity of it and told him I’d make him a deal. I had no idea if I had a dollar in my wallet or not, so I told him I’d give him a dollar out of my own pocket IF I had one but that he would guarantee me that he’d leave if I didn’t. He accepted. I had one. 65ish year old man willing to go to jail over a damn dollar. Jeesh.

Crisis averted but seriously, some people need to relax a bit. That said 90+% of the people around here are taking it all in stride.

Quick Edit-I did explain to him that there was an 800 number on the machine and that they’d handle the refund/issuance of a coupon. Nope! Not leaving without his dollar.
You should have said "Have at it." and started dialing the cops right then. He wants to be a d-bag over a buck, let him pay the price.

You should have said "Have at it." and started dialing the cops right then. He wants to be a d-bag over a buck, let him pay the price.

Yeah, but being 65 and probably 5’6” and 100# soaking wet I took pity on him knowing he’s never get in there in the first place. I tried to move one of those sons of..... a long time ago (think a young and strong fella) with a 2 wheeler and ended up straining every everything. Smiter-0 Pop Machine-1.

It’s a small community and he genuinely cracked my ass up over his dogged determination over that dollar. When I first started snickering he got offended and asked if I was laughing at him. I told him I’d prefer to be laughing WITH him and that he not go to jail. So he was in a proper mindset when I made him the wager, even though being willing to go to jail over it. I was also pretty sure that even with a crowbar, unless he played nice and then smacked me from behind, I had the situation well in hand.

I’m 25 years his Jr, outweigh him at least 2-1, and I wasn’t drinking. All three things I had the advantage. He lost a buck, was likely drunk, and pissed off. Me laughing started a conversation that kept either of us from being hurt and he got to go home and wasn’t locked up.

Before Covid I’d have likely waited until he gave up prying on it, then tackled him and held him until the cops got there. No way was he getting in that with a crowbar, and I’m not particularly scared of a crowbar now with social distancing, ha.

This weekend at our local public course, one owned by the city, a group of golfers came in to check in and pay their greens fees and walked right past the sign on the door which said "masks required" and when the employee asked them nicely to put on a mask before being served, one of the group in a loud voice (heard all the way in the adjacent restaurant). F..k you!! What do you think the proper response is from our staff? Deny them play, ignore the outburst, call the police? I am dumbfounded to think that people can be so insensitive and rude towards someone whose job it is to make their time at our course pleasant.

Absolutely ask them to leave the property immediately. If they refuse, call the police.

Yeah, but being 65 and probably 5’6” and 100# soaking wet I took pity on him knowing he’s never get in there in the first place. I tried to move one of those sons of..... a long time ago (think a young and strong fella) with a 2 wheeler and ended up straining every everything. Smiter-0 Pop Machine-1.

It’s a small community and he genuinely cracked my ass up over his dogged determination over that dollar. When I first started snickering he got offended and asked if I was laughing at him. I told him I’d prefer to be laughing WITH him and that he not go to jail. So he was in a proper mindset when I made him the wager, even though being willing to go to jail over it. I was also pretty sure that even with a crowbar, unless he played nice and then smacked me from behind, I had the situation well in hand.

I’m 25 years his Jr, outweigh him at least 2-1, and I wasn’t drinking. All three things I had the advantage. He lost a buck, was likely drunk, and pissed off. Me laughing started a conversation that kept either of us from being hurt and he got to go home and wasn’t locked up.

Before Covid I’d have likely waited until he gave up prying on it, then tackled him and held him until the cops got there. No way was he getting in that with a crowbar, and I’m not particularly scared of a crowbar now with social distancing, ha.
It would have been a valuable learning experience for him. Maybe he would have gained some knowledge, maybe not. At the least he would have paid the "d-bag tax".

PS: @rollin , the 4 times in 30 years I've enforced this policy it has been with a doctor, 2 businessmen and, a lawyer all dressed in suits/business casual. Sometimes the clothes don't make the man! 😉
Understood, but honestly in that dress code thread I mention very many times we can always find a-holes no matter what is worn. And yet just like any other specific examples that still does not dismiss the fact that dress does have its relation to behavior etiquette. But,......nice try :)

Back