Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

kiwichris

Team Smoked Charcuterie
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Needing some bigger and better club building equipment but funds mean potentially only one can be purchased.

You guys have loads of experience with tools and equipment and general buying of things.

What should I do?

Gripping station, you just need a vise and you’re good to go.

Shaft cutoff station though, that one is important!

What do we mean by shaft cutoff station? Like where you trim shafts to length? or a Shaft puller?

Gripping station. Probably has a better return on investment for ya.

I voted to do a grip changing station. I would like that in my garage too.

What are your current setups now would be a good starting point is one better off than the other?

If what you have already works well enough for cutting/trimming shafts, the regrip station would really make that job quicker and easier.

If what you have already works well enough for cutting/trimming shafts, the regrip station would really make that job quicker and easier.
I know, that's how I am leaning as well but the setup is not great for graphite shafts & having a chop saw to do both measuring & cutting would save some tips and butts

Gripping station seems like the right choice to me

I’d definitely go with a gripping station. I re-grip way more clubs than cut shafts.

Went shaft cutoff saw as they double on the nicer ones as belt sander to do ferrules or prep tips. Make back your money if shaft damage is a common issue at the moment on the graphite shafts just be certain to use a HEPA filter of sorts to collect the dust.

Went shaft cutoff saw as they double on the nicer ones as belt sander to do ferrules or prep tips. Make back your money if shaft damage is a common issue at the moment on the graphite shafts just be certain to use a HEPA filter of sorts to collect the dust.
The dust! The splintering when you're not careful, the dust!

Shaft cutoff station. I can re-grip anywhere. While a station would make it easier, messing up a grip isn’t as costly as messing up a shaft.

So I was looking at cut off/sanding machines, interestingly the Golfworks one is not only cheaper than the Mitchell golf one, it has the ruler on it so you can actually measure & cut.

Who else makes equipment like that? Seems like only Mitchell Golf & Golfworks

So I was looking at cut off/sanding machines, interestingly the Golfworks one is not only cheaper than the Mitchell golf one, it has the ruler on it so you can actually measure & cut.

Who else makes equipment like that? Seems like only Mitchell Golf & Golfworks

Depending on what you're looking for, I have found this machine to be the best I've used in a long time. It's not cheap, but it is a huge help with dust control and keeping things in order. It's a great machine.

Depending on what you're looking for, I have found this machine to be the best I've used in a long time. It's not cheap, but it is a huge help with dust control and keeping things in order. It's a great machine.

That is a beast of a machine with the also beastly price tag, dust is a concern but wondering if the cheaper cut off options have the ability to bag or attach a vacuum?

That is a beast of a machine with the also beastly price tag, dust is a concern but wondering if the cheaper cut off options have the ability to bag or attach a vacuum?

I used a super cheap and simple cut of wheel setup with a cheap dust collector system from Rockler and it worked just fine. For me, I was tired of wearing a mask all of the time when doing my builds that I upgraded to this setup. It's been great. I know it isn't cheap! I'd be happy to talk through a setup for you and help in any way possible. Just shoot me a message and I can get you my contact info.

Back