What should I buy next?

Junkyard

Will Travel for Golf
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Okay, so here we are in early May and golf courses in Ontario are closed until at least the 20th of the month. The weather in late March and April was favourable, and as a result I was able to manage four rounds before everything was shut down. There were no regular golf trips in 2020; just a couple of weekend getaways. As a result, I find myself with some available funds for discretionary stuff and golf is probably the highest subject on the list. Here's some back-history:
- 2019? put a Callaway Rogue driver in the bag
- 2020 fitted for and purchased Titleist T200 irons and Vokey wedges
- 2020 fitted for and purchased Taylormade SIM fairway in bag (not 100% smitten)
- 2020 put Cleveland Huntington Beach putter in the bag
- 2020 upgraded bag to a Vessel
- 2020 upgraded to MG golf towel
- 2020 upgraded Bushnell rangefinder to model with slope
- 2020 switched to Footjoy glove
- 2020 put a spare set of FJ DNA shoes in storage
- 2020/21 put Stitch and Dormie Workshop driver covers in rotation
- 2021 put Titleist PV1x in play (B3G1F deal)
- 2021 purchased Arccos sensors and Link (haven't even used the Link yet)

I'm not gonna lie, I'm having a hard time coming up with something that I need want. But I have 110% confidence in the THP community that they will come up with a way for me to indulge myself. So, what is missing from the above list?

EDIT: I will qualify that a home simulator setup is not in the available budget:cool:

:mizuno: ST-X Driver and ST-Z woods.

I think you have to buy a really nice mallett Putter so when you have those rounds where your blade Putter misbehaves you can pull out the mallet for the next round and give the blade a little bit of a rest. I love the option to flip back-and-forth. The rest of the purchases look solid.

I think you have to buy a really nice mallett Putter so when you have those rounds where your blade Putter misbehaves you can pull out the mallet for the next round and give the blade a little bit of a rest. I love the option to flip back-and-forth. The rest of the purchases look solid.
This! Betti queen B11

I see that Footjoy glove, but really, really enjoy the CaddyDaddy claw. Has lasted longer than any other glove, and will keep on for many more rounds.

Titleist TSi hybrid
I think @AnthonyC might be on to something here. It’s right around the spot where you said you weren’t smitten (SIM fairway).

Maybe the hybrid is something that might help?

That said, if I were struggling to find a purchase, I might just pocket the money and keep it for a rainy day or add it to the golf trip fund.

Shafts. All the shafts

While it may not be new equipment per say, how about some custom or cool wood/putter head covers. Something that shows off your personality.

While it may not be new equipment per say, how about some custom or cool wood/putter head covers. Something that shows off your personality.
That's a good one!

Last edited:
Custom putter cover maybe eh! I saw that he’s already got Stitch and Dormie covers on driver rotation.

Get ya a 48” long drive driver? The Brute 2.0 is affordable. Fun for scrambles.

I think I “won” one on eBay for $50 a couple years ago. I think they were upset about what it went for (how much market is there for 2.5* drivers with 48” 110g XXX Flex Shafts?). But still, multiple attempts to get it resolved were unsuccessful.

Join the dark side, 😂

Custom Damascus steel putter with signature ensignia or caricature.putt that in the bag hahahha

Or alternatively, custom leather card holder , there’s many styles out there ‘ bluegrass fairway ‘ etc , yep I got one sent to australia )

I think @AnthonyC might be on to something here. It’s right around the spot where you said you weren’t smitten (SIM fairway).

Maybe the hybrid is something that might help?

That said, if I were struggling to find a purchase, I might just pocket the money and keep it for a rainy day or add it to the golf trip fund.
I was going to recommend a trip with some friends to play somewhere special.

I'm not seeing a ball marker or divot repair tool... there are some pretty cool custom ones out there.

Maybe a few dozen golf balls?

New pair of golf shoes?
New golf hat?

Driver time!! Much preferred each Callaway release since the Rogue over the Rogue. AI face is hotter across the face. Epic Max could be 🔥 for you. :)

Agree with an updated driver. Oh and you should snag a nice Toulon putter.

Dump that Rogue driver and get yourself a new Tour Edge Exotics C721. You will thank me instantly. :cool:

Driver and/or Toulon putter.

Titleist TSi hybrid
I'd be lying if I said it wasn't on the contemplate list. Problem is I have no way of getting to hit one right now with everything shut down.

I've got my Dad's old mallet that I can test drive if my blade ever acts up. It doesn't happen very often though.

Back