what side of the tee box?

robmc826

Reaction score
Handicap
I am curious depending on what type of shot you are trying to hit draw or fade which side of the tee box should you line up up on. or does it really matter?

thanks,
Rob

I typically always line up on the right side of the box because I HATE missing on the right side.
Mchepp, we like to give our resident golf pro the chance to answer the questions first before we chime in.
No biggie, you're new here so Im guessing you didnt know that...

Thanks guys for understanding. We keep this section clean for amollerud the THP resident pro to jump in before we add anything. No big deal.

Choosing which side of the tee box to play from is all about playing the odds. If you are playing a draw (right handed players) you want to set up on the left side of the tee box and aim out to the right. The fade you want to set up right and aim left. The thought behind it is if you hit it straight you will be ok if it draws/fades it will be perfect. In the case of a double cross you have a little more wiggle room versus playing the shot from the opposite side of the tees. I hope this makes sense.

Thank you very much for clearing up my question. greatly appreciated

Rob

I'm assuming that a double cross is when you set up to say hit a draw. And it does the Oppisite. Am i right

Rob

I'm assuming that a double cross is when you set up to say hit a draw. And it does the Oppisite. Am i right

Rob

Exactly, for me it's setting up to hit a fade and instead hitting a draw or pull it left.

I seem to be running into more uneven tee boxes. Most are not a big deal, but some take a little perusal to find a decent area to stand, and hit from. :comp:

That is frustrating. Nothing worse than wanting to hit a fade on the tee and the tee box is sloped to help promote a draw. A flat teeing area is not too much to ask for.

Back