What Size Tee Do You Use?

fairwaynut

Bettinardi Aficionado
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt
For a great number of years of years I've used a 3 1/4" tee, but early this last summer for whatever reason I switched to a 2 3/4" tee. Wow, what a difference. With the 3 1/4 I was hitting the ball of the top of the driver and really didn't notice. Someone pointed out me what I was doing and a little later I switched to the 2 3/4". What a difference, now more often than not I can square the ball up of the face of the driver.

3 1/4 for driver. I like the one that is marked so I can do the same height easily. Everything else 1 1/2 is fine.

2 3/4" THP Epoch tees for driver and the shorter Epoch ones (1" maybe) for FWs, hybrid, and irons.

Nothing but my 2 3/4” Epoch THP tees.

3 1/4" For Driver
1 1/2" for Irons and fairway woods.

2 3/4" I've never been able to use the 3 1/4" I never seem to set them at the right height. I've gotten so use to the 2 3/4" that I seem to set them right every time.

A 3.25" tee "is" a 2.75" tee... if you just push it in 1/2" further (that's what she said).

That being said, I use 2.75" or longer for driver. Usually use 1.5" for irons and I prefer to use a salvaged and ground down (~2") tee for my fairway woods. I will make it work with a 1.5" tee in a bind though.

2 3/4 Epoch tees for driver. 1 in for irons and fairways.

I use 2 3/4" for my driver, and a shorter tee (if any) for iron tee shots.

3 1/4 Epoch THP tee. It's got enough markings on it so it's not gonna be teed up too high, yet it's also not quite as likely to go flying in any given direction.

For fairway woods and irons, I usually wind up using the 2 3/4 Epoch THP tee. There's just something about the little nubby ones that I don't always care for, and I can't figure out why.

2 3/4 for driver and a amputee (broken tee) for irons picked up off the tee box. Pet peeve how many broken tees are scattered around after people are to lazy pick them up.

Fresh 3 1/4 for driver, any broken piece of crap I can find nearby for everything else that requires one.

Yeah, I have a habit of picking up old tees from the tee boxes, too. Don't know why. I am partial top the Epoch tees, too. It's a sickness.

3 1/4 Martini tees. Puts the ball right on the X of my driver. Just wish I could have more swing speed.

I use 3 1/4" as I tee it pretty high. 2 3/4" leave me with not much peg in the ground at times.

2 3/4 Epoch tees for me

2.75" tees

Back