What "soft" ball performs best for you? Thank you !

Are we talking about low compression or soft cover or?
Glad you asked that question. I mentioned Duo stritcly on low compression. I think of QStar as soft cover. It is getting hard to categorize all these balls. I think they might deserve their own category here.

Glad you asked that question. I mentioned Duo stritcly on low compression. I think of QStar as soft cover. It is getting hard to categorize all these balls. I think they might deserve their own category here.
QST is also fairly low compression - around 70, IIRC. "Low" compared to most of the tour balls, which are 90-110.

What you mean in regards to e6?

Up until the advent of the e6 Soft and e6 Speed models (2017-ish?), I played the e6 almost exclusively. Once those came out, I felt I lost a little distance and forgiveness, and they did not feel as good off the club.Still a good ball for a lot of people. It's just that the others I mentioned work better for me.

I play the 2018 wilson duo. I've played many other soft balls in the Wilson and Callaway line but like these best for the simple reason they feel best off my putter. it is a combination of cover and compression for sure. I'd say the actual putter and insert play a role as well. From tee to green this ball seems to work better then my swing does most days

Shot my personal best +3 with a Srixon Soft Feel. So I probably should say it. Although when I buy 2 pc soft balls it’s usually a Supersoft.

soft urethane probably a Chrome Soft Truvis.

If you’re going low compression distance ball I like the Hex Soft that predated the Super Soft. Kind of hard to find now, but I really liked them. You want soft and green side spin I’d go for the Duo Spin. I tried one I found on the course and liked how it played until I gave it back to the water.

Was the Titleist Tour Soft a flop? Seems most people go Velocity (Cheap price) or Pro V1/x

Was the Titleist Tour Soft a flop? Seems most people go Velocity (Cheap price) or Pro V1/x
It's a two piece surlyn ball that costs about $10/dozen more than its competitors in the class (Callaway Supersoft, Srixon Soft Feel, etc.). It's in the same price strata as the QST, which is a three piece urethane ball.

It's a two-piece surlyn ball that costs about $10/dozen more than its competitors in the class (Callaway Supersoft, Srixon Soft Feel, etc.).

I mean totally get it, just thought it was interesting that nobody ever games it. Only time I have seen it was as a welcome gift item in an outing.

Agree Soft Feel and supersoft would be superior, SuperSoft being the gamer of a friend due to pricing.

I mean totally get it, just thought it was interesting that nobody ever games it. Only time I have seen it was as a welcome gift item in an outing.
Crazy too that the NXT Tour did extremely well for them.

Back